Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 04:54 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They received there pay, depending on the bank, they started receiving it today. It was processed starting last Friday. I know this because I know active members of the Coast Guard who told me today that they did indeed receive their pay.
And here from the Coast Guard's own site, they report that their members were not paid, so how could these people be paid:

Quote:
Will Coast Guard members get paid for 12/15-12/21? No. Unfortunately, military pay systems do not allow for partial payments during a pay period. The entire end-of-month December payment will be processed as soon as an appropriation, continuing resolution (CR), or passage of an alternate measure is complete.

When will Coast Guard members get paid? Salaries earned during and after the lapse in appropriations will be paid to military members once funding authority is restored, payroll for December 31 will be processed within 3-5 days.
https://twitter.com/USCG/status/1078457976531402752
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, I agree.

But don't worry....you'll be called slow, don't know anything...and then you'll find out that the person you quoted, absolutely 100% had no clue, and admits to it....
I won't call him slow, but I just checked the official USCG site and they are very clear on there that their personnel will NOT be paid for the work they did between 15-21 December and why that is.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:58 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
And here from the Coast Guard's own site, they report that their members were not paid, so how could these people be paid:

https://twitter.com/USCG/status/1078457976531402752

Did you read the link you provided?

Quote:
Will Coast Guard members get paid on Dec. 31? Yes, the Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Coast Guard have identified a way to pay our military workforce on Dec. 31, 2018. This one-time action applies to military members that served on active duty in the month of December and those reserve military members that drilled prior to the lapse in appropriation.

http://allhands.coastguard.dodlive.m...n-information/

Do people understand that all governmental people get paid on the 1st and 15thish?

Old 12-28-2018, 04:59 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Judging by Trump's triple down today, it very well may
Trump doesn’t care. He wants his LEGO block wall, so he’ll forget 800,000 US citizens in order to get it.

What a man-baby,

Old 12-28-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Did you read the link you provided?

http://allhands.coastguard.dodlive.m...n-information/

Do people understand that all governmental people get paid on the 1st and 15thish?
Okay, kind of freaky, but when I first checked the Twitter link, it did not say what you just posted. I copied and pasted some of the text and put it in my post above. Obviously I was directed to a older timed link through their website. When I go back in to my link, it appears it was updated and that they had some discussions with OMB that allowed them to do a one-time payment on the 31st of December to cover this. All the information I posted a few messages above is obviously OBE now. I stand corrected and thank you. I don't like giving out bad info.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:22 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Okay, kind of freaky, but when I first checked the Twitter link, it did not say what you just posted. I copied and pasted some of the text and put it in my post above. Obviously I was directed to a older timed link through their website. When I go back in to my link, it appears it was updated and that they had some discussions with OMB that allowed them to do a one-time payment on the 31st of December to cover this. All the information I posted a few messages above is obviously OBE now. I stand corrected and thank you. I don't like giving out bad info.

ChristineVA, all good, really.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:49 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Yea, that's all we have done with you...taken your word that your daughter did not get paid......
Except I posted multiple links to the FACT that multiple groups of people did not get paid. Coast guard workers, noaa and so on.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
So, my local Washington DC news affiliate just reported that the active duty Coast Guard members will miss their paychecks because they are not funded by the DoD budget but by the DHS budget (which is not funded).
NOAA is in the same boat (so to speak). They are DOC and may or not get the upcoming paycheck for the 31st. Also excepted NOAA employees are not getting paid for work done after that until the end of the shutdown.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They received there pay, depending on the bank, they started receiving it today. It was processed starting last Friday. I know this because I know active members of the Coast Guard who told me today that they did indeed receive their pay.
Not everyone in the entire government as previously claimed.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The very first article posted explained that unless something was done by the end of today they wouldn’t be getting paid. Apparently it got done and now USCG will get paid. Whether or not that applies to other uniformed service remains to be seen as it quite clearly stated military which other uniformed services are not n
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies