Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 07:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah...most whites were enslaved in America in the early 1800’s too, but there was a liberal conspiracy to only record the history of black enslavement in the US. Facts. Look it up on “ what really happened.com”.

Is this post about slavery? If you want to look at the history of slavery start at 10000 BC.

Also, it would be nice if you and the rest of the City-Data hoteps could spare some derision for your fellow melinated kangz and qweens and the modern-day descendants of the Africans who sold your asses down the river to Europeans, Arabs, and other Africans for over a thousand years.... and for what?! For a bunch of beads and **** or whatever they thought your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grand daddy was worth to sell to foreigners!

Meanwhile your fat and happy ass sits in the USA where your biggest problem is some random guy out of tens of millions being "harassed" on an isolated incident in a hotel lobby. What an indictment of society! Quick! Let's see what Root.com has to say about how bad life is in America for POC. Meanwhile places where POC are the majority are absolute **** holes for any and all minorities (sexual, racial, religious). But damn yo, that white supremacy in AmeriKKKa, amirite?!

Perspective: Get some.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:24 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I always assumed that hotel lobbies were open to hotel guests and non-guests alike. People are coming in and going out of hotels all the time.

It does seem strange for hotel security to ask for a person’s room number unless they had a reasonable suspicion he was up to no good.

Most hotel lobbys are open to guests of people staying at the hotel as well as confromces, and as you rightly point out you do not expect to be approached unless there is some clearly defined reason.

Hotels have CCTV monitors and other security measures and don't have to aggressively confront guests.

Indeed most hotels do things very discretely, and treat clients, customers and guests with respect.

The fact it was early in the morning, is also no reason as people come in and out of hotels at all hours, and this should never have happened.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:28 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Yeah...most whites were enslaved in America in the early 1800’s too, but there was a liberal conspiracy to only record the history of black enslavement in the US. Facts. Look it up on “ what really happened.com”.
White slave tears?

Old 12-30-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Seeing the vibe the guy gave off, it most likely did. I've lived in both Baltimore and New Orleans, I've been exposed to plenty of people like this. This guy has a very ghetto vibe from the video, just saying.
Ghetto vibes?

You guys are hilarious. Please don’t stop.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:38 AM

Just because someone sleeps with a person of color or adopts a POC doesn’t mean they know how it feels to be that person’s color.

Stop being typical Katy

Old 12-30-2018, 07:49 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I'm not bending myself into any sort of pretzel trying to prove anything. I am simply taking note of small discrepencies, behavior, etc. like an objective, fact driven person does.

And I never said he did anything wrong by talking to his mom (or whoever) on the phone either. So speaking of facts, let's start by getting some straight. My point about his international travel was that he hasn't seemed to have any trouble traveling (and drinking - a LOT) all over the US and to various exotic locales - he seems to lead a pretty prosperous, well traveled life and in spite of his poor grammar seems to have attended college as well, so surely he knows how to behave in a hotel lobby.

My family is very, very multiracial and diverse and I'm pretty sure they haven't behaved perfectly while traveling either. But in spite of the various shades of brown (including some very dark brown) none of them have ever been called out or whatever in a hotel lobby either. But if they were, my first question to them would be "Were you behaving yourself?" not "Do you think you were the victim of racism?"
Wow. You sound envious of this person, for one thing. Another thing...every time a person puts a focus on grammar, they are trying to discredit the person. I mean, if one were actually a college graduate, certainly they would always write and speak correctly. Yet another inconsistency in this persons story. You probably think his seeming success could only be from affirmative action, given his poor grammar.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-30-2018 at 08:05 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 07:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Just because someone sleeps with a person of color or adopts a POC doesn’t mean they know how it feels to be that person’s color.

Stop being typical Katy
Are you talking to me?

Though I was married to an African American man for eleven years and have four biracial kids (that I bore, not adopted just for the record), as well as a biracial adopted brother, a Korean daughter in law, an adopted Korean grandson, a multiracial son in law, and eight multiracial grandkids, I never claimed to "know how it feels to be that person of color." I'm a white lady - all I know is how it feels to be the sister, wife, mother, mother in law, or grandmother of people I love, who have skin that's darker than mine.

I do know what prejudice feels like though and have had it directed at me many times over the course of my life. That's not an unusual feeling though - many people have been the victims of prejudice and know exactly how it feels. Including white folks.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Wow. You sound envious of this person, for one thing. Every time a person puts a focus on grammar, they are trying to discredit the person. I mean, if one were actually a college graduate, certainly they would always write and speak correctly. Yet another inconsistency in this persons story. You probably think his seeming success could only be from affirmative action, given his poor grammar.
Actually no - I'm not jealous of him one iota. I happen to be able to travel extensively and internationally myself, just for the record, and I do so pretty regularly. (Hey, I also take pictures of food sometimes, so I guess we're similar in that regard too, though I don't have a feed that's chock full of photos of drinking and partying, so there's that.) And as for the rest of his life as portrayed on his Instagram feed, I am uninterested in that lifestyle. Plus, I don't want to be a man - LOL.

And yes, I do notice when people who are college graduates, who claim to be former FBI agents, use poor grammar. Hey, it's just a pet peeve of mine, though I don't claim to be perfect in that regard (but then I also don't claim to be a former FBI agent for that matter). I do think that if someone wants to be treated as a professional, they should carry themselves as a professional.

I don't doubt that he's a college grad and I have no idea how this came about. You're the only person making assumptions here, not me. I'm just pointing out that hey - he uses poor grammar, travels a lot, and parties a whole hell of a lot. All of which appear to be based in fact - I mean, I'm not assuming he's lying on his Instagram account. That seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through.

Don't take it personally but I'm a natural born skeptic - pretty much across the board. I note all sorts of side facts, behaviors, etc. "Trust but verify." "Seek first to understand." I like those quotes, as well as this one, even though I don't know who this guy is:

“A danger sign of the lapse from true skepticism in to dogmatism is an inability to respect those who disagree”
- Dr. Leonard George

I do know who this guy is though:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is better explained by incompetence."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

And this one:

"Healthy scepticism is the basis of all accurate observation."
- Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 12-30-2018 at 08:13 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 08:17 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Actually no - I'm not jealous of him one iota. I happen to be able to travel extensively and internationally myself, just for the record, and I do so pretty regularly. (Hey, I also take pictures of food sometimes, so I guess we're similar in that regard too, though I don't have a feed that's chock full of photos of drinking and partying, so there's that.) And as for the rest of his life as portrayed on his Instagram feed, I am uninterested in that lifestyle. Plus, I don't want to be a man - LOL.

And yes, I do notice when people who are college graduates, who claim to be former FBI agents, use poor grammar. Hey, it's just a pet peeve of mine, though I don't claim to be perfect in that regard (but then I also don't claim to be a former FBI agent for that matter). I do think that if someone wants to be treated as a professional, they should carry themselves as a professional.

I don't doubt that he's a college grad and I have no idea how this came about. You're the only person making assumptions here, not me. I'm just pointing out that hey - he uses poor grammar, travels a lot, and parties a whole hell of a lot. All of which appear to be based in fact - I mean, I'm not assuming he's lying on his Instagram account. That seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through.

Don't take it personally but I'm a natural born skeptic - pretty much across the board. I note all sorts of side facts, behaviors, etc. "Trust but verify." "Seek first to understand." I like those quotes, as well as this one, even though I don't know who this guy is:

“A danger sign of the lapse from true skepticism in to dogmatism is an inability to respect those who disagree”
- Dr. Leonard George
You are not doing yourself any favors by trying to discredit this man by repeatedly mentioning his pictures of drinking/partying. I have similar pictures on my IG, and I’m well-educated, well-traveled, and well-paid. From years of C-D interactions with you, I thought you were open minded, but I’m completely disgusted by your posts here, Kathryn.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You are not doing yourself any favors by trying to discredit this man by repeatedly mentioning his pictures of drinking/partying. I have similar pictures on my IG, and I’m well-educated, well-traveled, and well-paid. From years of C-D interactions with you, I thought you were open minded, but I’m completely disgusted by your posts here, Kathryn.
Sorry you feel that way.

I am not trying to discredit this guy - I am simply stating what is clearly and consistently on his public social media.

Have you gone and looked at his social media feed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies