Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 12:42 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

High capacity magazines have been a common thread in a number of mass-shootings. Why not try to end that if it means saving lives? The second amendment was in the day of single shot guns that took a minute tops to reload, not mili-seconds to have your next round fired.
So where do you stop? A person can load and shoot 5. 8 shot magazines in about the same length of time as 4, 10 shot magazines. Just a feel good law that only messes with the law abiding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 04:23 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
It's not really a law if nobody obeys it and nobody wants to enforce it. Ultimately the people decide if a law is a law. Not the courts, not the legislators, not judges, not the police.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Will not comply.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
We need more people like this. No compliance with stupid evil laws:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-state-police/
Beautiful!

However, I have to admit I was more intrigued by the video in the middle of the article about animal only overpasses.

I don't think the animals will use them at first, but maybe in time they will learn that it's a safe way to cross.

It's OT, but it was right in that article...

Old 12-29-2018, 04:51 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's not really a law if nobody obeys it and nobody wants to enforce it. Ultimately the people decide if a law is a law. Not the courts, not the legislators, not judges, not the police.
Yep, and it's really important that people understand that.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:57 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times
The gun control activists have pushed too far. Now wide swaths of the population considers the government and its laws illegitimate and are ignoring them. New gun laws in WA, NY, NJ, MA, CO, and VT are being openly and widely ignored and disobeyed. Bans on bump stocks, registration laws, magazine bans, gun bans, mandatory background check laws. Millions of people ignoring the laws. The spirit of rebellion still exists in America though I do worry we're bordering on something bad, 1850's style. The gun issue isn't happening in a vacuum, it reflects on a major divide opening in this country. Where it leads no one knows.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The gun control activists have pushed too far. Now wide swaths of the population considers the government and its laws illegitimate and are ignoring them. New gun laws in WA, NY, NJ, MA, CO, and VT are being openly and widely ignored and disobeyed. Bans on bump stocks, registration laws, magazine bans, gun bans, mandatory background check laws. Millions of people ignoring the laws. The spirit of rebellion still exists in America though I do worry we're bordering on something bad, 1850's style. The gun issue isn't happening in a vacuum, it reflects on a major divide opening in this country. Where it leads no one knows.
Yes. Fundamentally, the state should give due consideration to the right to bear arms. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the freedom to own a gun is justified by all three. The right not to be killed by some random wacko is also justifiable on the basis of all three. The challenge is creating legislation the seeks a happy balance, and to strive for political discourse that does not seek to demonize the inclinations of the other side.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:00 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Tell me when you can make left hand turns and pump your own gas...
Hey we can make left hand turns sometimes and I really don't want my wife or myself pumping gas. We like it just the way it is.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The police are the ones. If they enforce it, it is enforceable and illegal. Unless it is taken to the SC...

Old 12-29-2018, 09:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hey we can make left hand turns sometimes and I really don't want my wife or myself pumping gas. We like it just the way it is.
Well, it isn't that hard to pump gas... Why don't you want to pump gas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies