Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Private sector here. Got a nice 6% pay increase to my already 6 figures salary. LOL

I firmly believe that the public sector ought to be following the same rules as the private sector. If the company can't afford to give you a pay increase, then you shouldn't get a pay increase. If Mexico won't pay for the wall, then federal workers shouldn't get a pay increase because we all know eventually Trump will get his wall and make American taxpayers pay for it.
Your company can't just print money. It was OK when this printing was going to the corporations. Not so good when it goes to the people it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
So. Who staffs the White House? The housekeepers, cooks, groundskeepers, etc.

Are they subject to not being paid? Are they furloughed? Will they not get the raise they were counting on? I foresee spit in Trump's banana pudding.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Are they subject to not being paid? Are they furloughed? Will they not get the raise they were counting on? I foresee spit in Trump's banana pudding.

Oh, God, the visuals on that one are funny as Hell ! "Cut my paycheck, Mr Big Shot, here, take this......patooey ! "

Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
Quote:
Many of them are private contractors.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:38 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
I think everyone knows that . . .

They've been told to hate the government, hate the media, hate immigrants although most will say we want LEGAL immigrants they actually don't, hate anyone of color, hate nonChristians . . .
Told by who?
I don't hate anyone. Well maybe I hate Trump, he is quite easy to hate. That said I dont trust any career politician who is the same as a professional liar.
My wife isa legal immigrant. No issue with legal immigrants. I have issues with illegals.
People of color. Does cinnamon count as a color? My wife and children are all brown. Christian? None of us are Christian. Agnostic at most.

The media. The media is as blatant in their bias as you can possibly be. I trust fact, not agenda. CNN demonstrated their agenda when they tries to help Hillary during the debates. To be fair I dont and haven't trusted mainstream media sources for a very long time.

When I am in a country, less than a block from where CNN is reporting government forces firing on civilians, and the reality is the civilians were shot in the back by members of their own side, I can't trust that news source ever again. I was there, I witnessed what happened. I am not the only one to have observed CNN and others creating news, misreporting facts or lets just say it, lying.

By the way, most who say they want legal immigrants, honestly do. As long as they aren't coming here unable to support themselves or bringing nothing that we need. We need to raise the bar.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
End the 16th Amendment and End the Federal Reserve.
Problems solved.
No more of this, we work so they eat.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:46 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:

He should be glad his favorite isn't chocolate pie.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:46 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your company can't just print money. It was OK when this printing was going to the corporations. Not so good when it goes to the people it seems.
I'm just saying I'm a realist. The orange maniac will get his way eventually. He's got too many blind followers. So, it's best that we prepare to pay for the wall that Mexico isn't going to pay for. Freezing pay increases for the federal workers is a start.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Trump has to find a way to help pay for the multi-Trillion dollar tax cut he gave to billionaires and large corporations. Cutting middle class worker's pay to pad the pockets of billionaires. This is what you get when you vote for Republicans.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
He should be glad his favorite isn't chocolate pie.
touche
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies