Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 05:57 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This was back before democrats realized they could get illegals to vote for them. At that times, they relied mostly on the dead for their illegitimate votes. Times change, and so do democrats schemes.

It was also back when we didn't have so many ethnocentric Hispanic citizens and as many anchor babies that can vote now. Those types of Hispanics keep demanding that their illegal amigos not be stopped from coming here and want amnesty for those already here. They are obviously opposed to the wall for that reason. They threatened to withhold their votes if the Democrats didn't comply. And they talk about Trump playing to his base?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 06:00 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So facts only matter if they come from a source that you like? I mean are you saying the videos fake? And how have you determined their source, other than being user submitted content on youtube. Please share how you are tracing them back to 4chan?
Hardly.

When the intent of the thread is contrived in the first place, the source matters; which is to say, the source always matters. Let’s not pretend that the facts aren’t being bandied about sans-bias, sans-narrative.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:05 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Hardly.

When the intent of the thread is contrived in the first place, the source matters; which is to say, the source always matters. Let’s not pretend that the facts aren’t being bandied about sans-bias, sans-narrative.
So regardless of the fact that you only think you know the OPs intent, why does that even matter? Facts are facts, these two politicians said what they said, obviously they changed their minds. You don't wish to discuss simply because you don't like how it was presented, or possibly where it came from, which you still cant prove?

Old 12-30-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
So regardless of the fact that you only think you know the OPs intent, why does that even matter? Facts are facts, these two politicians said what they said, obviously they changed their minds. You don't wish to discuss simply because you don't like how it was presented, or possibly where it came from, which you still cant prove?
Again with your presumptions. I’m saying the intent of the thread is to obfuscate the OP’s real intention - which is to be nothing less than divisive.

I’m saying that the OP is copying links off of the 4chan /pol “red-pill” page, a page which is designed to provoke fringe right-wingers into feeling outraged.

There were only two whole pages of google results for that link: the earliest results trace back to 4chan.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Again with your presumptions. I’m saying the intent of the thread is to obfuscate the OP’s real intention - which is to be nothing less than divisive.

I’m saying that the OP is copying links off of the 4chan /pol “red-pill” page, a page which is designed to provoke fringe right-wingers into feeling outraged.
And your intent seems to be obfuscation of facts with your spin on how its all irrelevant these politicians have changed their minds because you don't like how its being presented, how ironic.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
There were only two whole pages of google results for that link: the earliest results trace back to 4chan.

Yup, and the first posting there was Nov 22, 2018, yet the original youtube post was January 2018, so 10 months later, not really a "4chan" sourced item although sure, it showed up there at some point.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
And your intent seems to be obfuscation of facts with your spin on how its all irrelevant these politicians have changed their minds because you don't like how its being presented, how ironic.
Wrong again, Mr. 0/4.

I’ve repeatedly stated that this is s concern-thread.

People are allowed to change their minds; quote me where I’ve said they can’t. Better yet, quote me where I’ve said they can’t be held responsible for said actions.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Yup, and the first posting there was Nov 22, 2018, yet the original youtube post was January 2018, so 10 months later, not really a "4chan" sourced item although sure, it showed up there at some point.
Nope. It made the rounds far closer to January.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Wrong again, Mr. 0/4.

I’ve repeatedly stated that this is s concern-thread.

People are allowed to change their minds; quote me where I’ve said they can’t. Better yet, quote me where I’ve said they can’t be held responsible for said actions.
Never said you claim people cant change their minds, I said you seem more interested in discussing source and motive than the actual facts.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Of babies on Medicaid in 1994, 40% are from illegals. 17% of prison population illegals. Costing 100's of millions of dollars in 1994. Imagine what it is today? But she and her party are not concerned about it anymore!

He's totally correct. But now they're suddenly for it!
1993: Harry Reid Chastises Immigration System, Rips “Absurd” Diversity Visa & Chain Migration Policy
Absurd. Find something in the last 5 years.

And they were reasonable opinion. One needs to legalize the illegals because it is the only rational way to fix the problem. The right however is too dogmatic in its idiocy to see the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies