Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 07:27 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This isn't specifically political but spills over into the scientific, social, economic and military. And since its all connected, lets have some fun predicting what we think will happen in the upcoming year.
I think global warming will fall off the radar as cooling trends cause more freak snows and cold spells. In addition volcanic and geological activity such as earthquakes will have scientists scrambling to get back to studying real forces of the planet as people become alarmed and panic. Astronomic phenomena also take center stage.
An up and coming political activist will be murdered under very strange circumstances. It will be tried to be passed off as a suicide or random crime but that will strain relations and trust with young supporters and cause a rift as they turn away from politics feeling betrayed.
The entertainment industry gets WEIRD and people start openly wondering if years of rumors about dark secrets and activities haven't been true all along.
There's a huge scandal involving a sports team its got nothing to do with kneeling.
Trump has a good year making another SCOTUS pick, the political waters around him calm and internationally he gains allies as his one time adversaries are forced to make deals with him to combat their own weakening positions.
Anyone else?

I predict that the Union will win the civil war.

I think that Truman stands a pretty good chance against Dewey.

The Packers look like a good bet to win the first Super Bowl.

I predict there will be changes that occur that people will claim to have predicted in retrospect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 07:28 AM

673 posts, read 465,525 times
Fools will continue to believe in "gullible warming"
The left will continue down the road of crazy/crazier
California will continue to lose big companies to Arizona and Texas
Gold, Silver will continue to be silly investment

I, will strive to be a better person.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:31 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Major push to get more transgenders in higher political offices, with the goal of the 2028 election being a transgender presidential candidate.
Yep, more identity politics from the idiot Democrats is a given.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:45 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I predict that the Union will win the civil war.

I think that Truman stands a pretty good chance against Dewey.

The Packers look like a good bet to win the first Super Bowl.

I predict there will be changes that occur that people will claim to have predicted in retrospect.
Naw Truman will lose. The newspaper says so

Old 01-01-2019, 07:48 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yep, more identity politics from the idiot Democrats is a given.
One easy prediction to make is more political tension, government gridlock and even more political violence.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:44 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Cher will come out of retirement to rerelease an updated version of one of her old Classics entitled 1/1024th Breed in anticipation of singing it at Warren's DNC convention nomination.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:58 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
- Trump will start a war; either on the Korean peninsula or in the Middle East. Few (if any) allies will back us. Generals will need to explain to him that hitting the send button on Twitter has no impact on North Korean forces. Taylor Swift will do a song about it and the US media will talk more about her new video than the war itself.

- Financial markets will experience a major crash. Trump, who has been taking credit for the economy since he took the oath...will blame Obama. Bankers will get bailed out (again).

- Mueller will indict Jared and a few others - Trump will pardon them and the GOP won't care. The state AG of NY will charge Trump under RICO and freeze his assets (which neither Congress nor Trump can do anything about). Pence, Jared, and others will also be charged under the same NY state RICO investigation. Trump charged with money laundering for Russian organized crime - Republicans protect him to the end.

- Democrats will win millions more votes in the November 2018 election but Reps will hold onto the house due to gerrymandering. Dems will get control of the senate but will not be able to reverse the damage done by the GOP. Republicans enact even more voter suppression laws to keep minorities from voting.

- Trump and the GOP will stage their own version of the Reichstag Fire to give him authoritarian "emergency powers" which he'll never give up. Trump will start his own secret police force to subvert the rule of law, judges will be assassinated by wingnuts.

- Putin, finally gets fed up with Trump and releases the pee tape. GOP does not care. Evangelicals declare the tape represents a holy Christian ritual and this proves that Trump is the second coming of Christ.

- More openly racist candidates run on the GOP ticket across the country. Some win, some lose.

- More kids will die due to a lack of health care. Since they are not fetuses, Mike Pence will not insist on giving them funerals.

- Clemson will win the college football playoff!

Old 01-01-2019, 09:49 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
People will still tell me to move to Somalia.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
More White people will acknowledge that It's Okay To Be White.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:13 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Fools will continue to believe in "gullible warming"
The left will continue down the road of crazy/crazier
California will continue to lose big companies to Arizona and Texas
Gold, Silver will continue to be silly investment

I, will strive to be a better person.
"Gullible warming"--how cute. I lived right next to the ocean until last year. The waters are definitely warming, whether you believe it or not. Marine creatures that could only live in more southerly areas can live up here now.

And lobster men in Maine will be losing business because the lobsters are moving NORTH up towards Canada--makes the Canadians happy. It's climate change whether it's natural or man made.

I predict that climate change will worsen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies