Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 06:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,767,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Between ~2007 and 2011 we built ~700 miles of border wall (or fence if you prefer). In that timeframe apprehensions for illegal immigration across the southern border dropped by over 50%. Tell me again how walls don't work.

Ok. Walls don't work. The reason there was a drop (Thank you President OBAMA) is because of better technology and better enforcement on the ground. Yes, the wall does do a little to deter, but not the 50%, or 71% we are seeing.

The yuge amount of money a wall (or fence, or barricade, or structure, or...…….) would cost could be used in so many better ways to protect our border. You guys think it is just so easy, simply erect this big old wall all along our border. However, you forget what the terrain is like there, the fact that citizens own a lot of that property, and it would take years to use something like eminent domain to acquire the right to use that land.

I can guarantee you that, if that wall magically was erected tomorrow, by Monday the people who wanted in would have figured out a way to come under, over, or through it. Anything one man builds, another man can defeat.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:50 AM

6,750 posts, read 13,964,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No matter how many times this lie is repeated, it is still a lie.

Democrats support border security. Have for years. Still do.

What they don't support is wasting billions of dollars on a wasteful boondoggle that will do little, if anything, to improve border security.

This in spades. Democrats support border security. What they don't support is a useless wall. Once again the Trumpsters have been duped and can't separate the two.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
With all the money that Trump brags he has earned why doesn't he build his wall out of his money. With all Trump's self declared skills as a deal maker he surely could then collect the money from Mexico. That is unless he is really lying about his wealth and doesn't have the skill to run a lemonade stand.
In the meantime king Trump is about to destroy the lives of 800,000 federal employes.

IMO, Airman Brian Kolfage would have done much better if he channeled his efforts into helping veterans like himself. Like the 67,000 vets who are homeless. It seems to me that 5 billion would go a long way in paying disability claims by veterans, drug rehabilitation, housing, jobs, etc., instead of wasting it on an useless project that will nothing more than temporarily satisfy the whims of our narcissistic senile president.
Kolfage did collect money for vets before, the only problem is that only one vet got the money raised, Kolfage.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:04 AM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Who is "strumf"? Who is "baby beluga"? Who is "thrush limberger"?

Feel like you're talking to kindergartners in here? I can't believe that these are adults.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah he did today. He’s walking it back...

Blowhard knows it’ll get tangled up until his cheeseburger eating lard butt is out.

Kindergarten is in full swing here.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:14 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
You know, you don't just go building a wall around your country unless the people (Congress) vote to have it done. That's not the way democracy works. So it will never happen.

It doesn't work by denying COngress the right to vote the wants and the will of the people it represents either!

QUICK!

Someone tell McConnell $ & Trump!

Old 01-12-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
They want security and they said so.

The doubt is in the efficacy (big word for ya, I know) the wall. Plus your DOTARD already said he “OWNS IT AND WOULD BE PROUD TO SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN”.

Silly far righty wingy people.....

How can there be doubt when there are facts already out there that prove the good walls do work? That makes no sense at all! Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security have said so but the idiotic anti-wall people know better?

I don't care who owns the shut down. Until we get the border security we need it can stay shut down.

I don't tolerate snarky remarks and personal attacks by the likes of your kind nor the rest of your juvenile remarks about the president or those who support him. I suggest you grow up and get out of your kindergarten playground in here.

Welcome to my ignore list. I have no need to debate this issue with those who don't know how to act like an adult in here.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:17 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,155,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Kindergarten is in full swing here.
I didn’t realize Trump had joined C-D.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 AM

12,956 posts, read 9,599,205 times
[quote=donsabi;54125082]With all the money that Trump brags he has earned why doesn't he build his wall out of his money. With all Trump's self declared skills as a deal maker he surely could then collect the money from Mexico. That is unless he is really lying about his wealth and doesn't have the skill to run a lemonade stand.
In the meantime king Trump is about to destroy the lives of 800,000 federal employes.

IMO, Airman Brian Kolfage would have done much better if he channeled his efforts into helping veterans like himself. Like the 67,000 vets who are homeless. It seems to me that 5 billion would go a long way in paying disability claims by veterans, drug rehabilitation, housing, jobs, etc., instead of wasting it on an useless project that will nothing more than temporarily satisfy the whims of our narcissistic senile president.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:28 AM

46,200 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You’re free to believe what you want, but that doesn’t change reality.

You should be thankful that people like those in the Coast Guard are still loyal to the country despite going unpaid; they’re hardly “non-essential” - even if by title.

Reality is, walls work..you know those pesky BP folks...they even say so....but why the hell would you want to listen to them, since you know...they are the border patrol?

I guess everyone who is against the wall, knows better than those on the border....

Quote:
The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies