Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL.

CNN called a San Diego TV station to get the scoop on the border crisis there.
And they told CNN that the wall they have there WORKS!

They also told CNN their reporters found that the immigrants said they were coming because Obama told them to come!

CNN refused to air their information and facts — too incriminating to Obama and the Dems, and might make Trump look correct...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/loca...der-walls-work
Spamming multiple threads with this BS, I see.

So where’s the report?
Did it air locally?

I’d really like to see this investigative reporting that discovered that Obama told them to come.
That reporter should be due a Pulitzer or something.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No matter how many times this lie is repeated, it is still a lie.

Democrats support border security. Have for years. Still do.

What they don't support is wasting billions of dollars on a wasteful boondoggle that will do little, if anything, to improve border security.
Such BS. Dems don't support border security.

Once again---walls do work. The wall that Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

Why do you continue to deny this^^^^?

Old 01-12-2019, 01:19 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Spamming multiple threads with this BS, I see.

So where’s the report?
Did it air locally?

I’d really like to see this investigative reporting that discovered that Obama told them to come.
That reporter should be due a Pulitzer or something.

It wouldn't be unlikely for these migrants to interpret Obama's words and actions is an invitation to come here even if the didn't actually say it. These people aren't the brightest bulbs around you know. After all, he gave millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation under DACA and DAPA and told Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they were "convicted" criminals. That's kind of a welcoming sign.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:25 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
I watched the border agents, who in my humble opinion were selected for their favorable leanings on the wall.

Do we really think that those who appeared with Cheeto would dare say something anti?

Lest they be shipped to out?

Considering that 90% of border agents support the wall, the selection was rather easy.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you honesty believe that $5B will secure the border, where is this new section of wall going and will it cover all illegal immigration. How about those overstaying visas and what about the illegal drugs and human trafficking that come in through other points of entry.
Will it secure the entire border? No. And no one has said otherwise.

The wall will be on 700 miles of the border. There will be no wall in some areas because those areas are impossible to navigate.

$5B is a good start. Or, I guess, you think that it's better to do nothing if it can't be done all at once?

As for overstaying visas---yes, that's a problem that needs to be dealt with. You know darn well that the wall is for dealing with those who sneak across.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Not wishful thinking. The Freedom Caucus thinking - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1096929

Nowhere in there did it say Trump was rethinking it.

And what nonense, there wouldn't be "years" of legal battles. By the very nature of Emergency, it would be fast-tracked to SCOTUS if not go directly there. Think Election 2000.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
I watched the border agents, who in my humble opinion were selected for their favorable leanings on the wall.

Do we really think that those who appeared with Cheeto would dare say something anti?

Lest they be shipped to out?
Who is "cheeto"?

Old 01-12-2019, 01:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, but there are many that you agree with in this thread that are in kindergarten...have you seen their posts? Or maybe you can tell us what a "strumf" is, since you evidently agree with those posters....
They’re referring to Trump.

I don’t approve or disapprove.

It’s certainly less offensive than referring to people by some of the nicknames Trump uses, so who cares what people call him?

Old 01-12-2019, 01:47 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Geezus...we have been "cracking down on drug traffickers" for 40 years and it's only gotten worse, what grand plan does Cassidy have to change that?

Budget Request for 2018 Federal drug control
Treatment: $10,783.4 (38.9% of total)
Prevention: $1.339 billion (4.8% of total)
Domestic Law Enforcement: $9,235.8 billion (33.3% of total)
Interdiction: $5,022.4 billion (18.1% of total)
International: $1375.0 billion (5% of total)
Total: $25.89 billion
https://www.drugwarfacts.org/node/13...le/fedspending

And every year the cost goes up and so does the demand for drugs...so, you tell me how Cassidy plans to fix a problem that has been a sinkhole for trillions of taxpayer dollars for decades?
Its all in the link.
I can't understand it for you but for the average person its fairly clear.

What is confusing is why after all this time are they only now considering it ?

Old 01-12-2019, 01:47 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
We have border walls in populated areas. That's where they work and are worth the cost.

Where Trump wants to build more wall would be far less effective, cede the Rio Grande to Mexico, cut people off from part of their property, and leave a no man's land between the wall and the river.

It's a stupid idea meant to rally stupid people. Clearly, it is working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies