Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 05:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Finally a common sense reply.

I was getting really concerned that responders here do not think that America is worth protecting. I still can't tell if they don't understand the danger an open border poses or they just hate Trump that much.

The Berlin Wall was hugely successful. It acted as a deterrent to most crossers and having it manned by guys that were authorized to shoot was a big factor in that.

Today our wall would be a deterrent to the casual border jumping trespasser but it would also have electronic means to monitor which would alert the border patrol that someone is messing around.

What is going to happen in the future when more and more caravans of would be illegal aliens keep showing up at the border expecting to be granted entrance? It happened again the other day when about 100 tried to force their way in but were repelled by tear gas.

Do you want someone that forced their way into the country, breaking the law being your neighbor?

A few brought up "the fact" that more guns are smuggled into Mexico then out of it so I would ask the Anti gunners out there, Don't you care about the poor people that will be victimized by those guns? A border wall would slow such illegal activities.

Others brought up that walls haven't worked since gun powder was invented... Ah we are not talking about an armed military force... We are not talking about Pancho Villa making a run into America to raid a town but who knows it could happen. Walls, barriers, fences all stop and prevent people from getting into places they should not.

Should the fences be taken down at the White House? How about the walls that protect Israel?

So far the consensus on this thread is that we don't need a wall which means people are Ok with illegal immigration. I think that is sad and dangerous.

It means NO SUCH THING! It means people don't believe a wall would be the most effective and cost-effective way of preventing illegal immigration.

I think it's sad people are incapable of understanding simple concepts like that.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What the heck? Did he just binge a entire months worth of Adderal?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-ocasio-cortez

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=60164759

Impeach him now. This is insane. He literally referred to "The military version of eminent domain"

He is desperate, greywar, and in panic/survival mode. Trump has NO idea of what any real laws are, he just makes up s*** in his head as he goes along. His ravings are getting crazier by the day, and a nervous breakdown could be happening.

But there is a really bright side to this madness, the crazier he keeps getting , the more his party is going to have to do something or face some really devastating results in 2020. They have a very loose cannon driving their ship, and you can bet there are some serious conversations taking place behind closed GOP doors.

If they have any chance of saving themselves, this wart on the nose of the Republican party needs lanced. I keep saying that this Presidency is going to end in a very strange way, and my chances of being correct get better every hour...…...every minute ! I already have my "I told you so !" speech all prepared and ready to go.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:28 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Orange man is actually a dead man walking. He will be out of office very soon and the more he has hissy fits and spasms the more it is clear how much this wall garbage is just major deflection and red meat.
That depends on his base. Right now, GOP members of congress are still terrified of the red hats and being primaried by candidates more favorable to Trump. It's going to be difficult to impeach him even if he was on video shooting somebody. Trump's base is that loyal.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
He is such a BS'er that chances are he made up the whole things after he was asked the question. That is, he can't declare a national emergency and take money and property....without Congress. But because he was asked the question, he assumed he could.

Listening to the bad orange man is one big string of falsehoods.

For example, all those workers who are sitting at home unpaid - according to The Don they all want him to keep government shut down until Orange Baby gets his way....without the rule of law (Congress).

I can assure the public that if you asked the workers they'd want to go back to work.....by a majority probably 95 to 5.

Most liars are decent at coming CLOSE to the truth, and that is what makes them believable. Orange Man is more like a comedy act...not even close and more like what you would say if you were actually trying to be as inaccurate as possible.

Of course, Trumpies are Authoritarians so Martial Law and stuff like that appeals to them.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:29 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A lot of people don't want the dumb wall. Border security, yes. Dumb wall, no. It's not even practical. What's he gonna do, fill in the Rio Grande with dirt? Idiot.

Dumb wall? Did you tell congress that back in 2006 when the actual wall bill passed and was signed by both Schumer and Obama? Did you just ignore all the links I have posted denoting how the good walls are very effective? Even the head of the Border Patrol and Homeland Security has said we need them. But you know better than them, right?

Old 01-04-2019, 05:31 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Dumb wall? Did you tell congress that back in 2006 when the actual wall bill passed and was signed by both Schumer and Obama? Did you just ignore all the links I have posted denoting how the good walls are very effective? Even the head of the Border Patrol and Homeland Security has said we need them. But you know better than them, right?
They also say they need better pay and more agents. They also say they need more scanning devices. Don't leave those parts out.

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Dems know it's all over for them as a party if the border barrier goes up.
If the Republicans weren't so stupid, they'd realize that it's all over for them, if this wall goes up.

1,589 posts, read 1,188,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Finally a common sense reply.

I was getting really concerned that responders here do not think that America is worth protecting. I still can't tell if they don't understand the danger an open border poses or they just hate Trump that much.

The Berlin Wall was hugely successful. It acted as a deterrent to most crossers and having it manned by guys that were authorized to shoot was a big factor in that.

Today our wall would be a deterrent to the casual border jumping trespasser but it would also have electronic means to monitor which would alert the border patrol that someone is messing around.

What is going to happen in the future when more and more caravans of would be illegal aliens keep showing up at the border expecting to be granted entrance? It happened again the other day when about 100 tried to force their way in but were repelled by tear gas.

Do you want someone that forced their way into the country, breaking the law being your neighbor?

A few brought up "the fact" that more guns are smuggled into Mexico then out of it so I would ask the Anti gunners out there, Don't you care about the poor people that will be victimized by those guns? A border wall would slow such illegal activities.

Others brought up that walls haven't worked since gun powder was invented... Ah we are not talking about an armed military force... We are not talking about Pancho Villa making a run into America to raid a town but who knows it could happen. Walls, barriers, fences all stop and prevent people from getting into places they should not.

Should the fences be taken down at the White House? How about the walls that protect Israel?

So far the consensus on this thread is that we don't need a wall which means people are Ok with illegal immigration. I think that is sad and dangerous.
I don't think you can jump to that conclusion. Yes, we need a wall...BUT...we have walls already. What is being discussed is the magnitude of the expense of a new wall. Do we need one 1/2 mile high??? Hell no. What we need is information widely distributed to let illegals know that everybody that crosses illegally knows that if they are caught..and they will be caught...they will be deported immediately. And we need a larger national effort to make sure that happens.

Illegals don't know what is required to enter US legally...that information needs to be implanted into their heads. Also the consequences for violating that trust should be widely known and they should be aware that it is strictly enforced.

It is beyond ludicrous to have to spend 25 billion to make that happen.

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Find a video of his Rose Garden Presser. I watched it, and the Guardian is incorrect.
It’s a typical Hit Piece - I always thought you were smart enough to for extreme Leftist Propaganda.

I saw some of it, Trump lied as usual, he said he'd never said anything about a concrete wall.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-co...ry?id=60089497

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
He is desperate,

They have a very loose cannon driving their ship, and you can bet there are some serious conversations taking place behind closed GOP doors.

If they have any chance of saving themselves, this wart on the nose of the Republican party needs lanced.
Of course you are right - but anyone that thinks those conversations have anything to do with the good of the American people isn't thinking straight.

They are concerned about whether they can continue to bleed this nation and make the rich richer while increased the debt and deficit. They are concerned about being able to pollute more and about being able to restrict voting to the "right" people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies