Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 09:56 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Aw, chuck...

You're coming unglued again.

And only because you're on the wrong side of this phony issue and that's tRump's side.

But that's the side you take each and every time.

He isn't concerned with national security, only with trying to save face because he couldn't even get his GOP congress to support him on this silly wall of his. But his lies have convinced you.

So, join in on the "build that wall!" chant.

"We'll see what happens."

LOL...spelled it out kindergarten easy for you, and you still cannot figure it out......and I'm coming unglued...laughable...

We got it, you were wrong and now you're mad....

Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bull... if dems actually WANTED border security, then they would have secured the border going back to 86, when Ted Kennedy PROMISED to secure the border... or back in 05/06 when the border fence was passed..but the dims defunded it..why because they DONT WANT A SECURE BORDER..actions not words

you have been measured and found wanting
And yet, which party was it that refused to fund it last year?????

"Ryan suggested that Congress won’t fulfill the Trump administration’s request for additional money for the Department of Homeland Security for the border wall for this year, though he said there will be funding for border security.

“The big chunk of money for the wall, really, is...next fiscal year’s appropriations because they literally can’t start construction even this quickly,” he said."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-ry...til-next-year/

Methinks a good look in the mirror is in order.

BTW, have you heard about this boondoggle?

"A scathing report by the Office of the Inspector General revealed that a consulting company hired by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to fill thousands of new jobs to satisfy President Trump's mandate to secure the southern border is "nowhere near" completing its hiring goals and "risks wasting millions of taxpayer dollars."

The audit found that as of Oct. 1, CBP had paid Accenture Federal Services approximately $13.6 million of a $297 million contract to recruit and hire 7,500 applicants, including Customs and Border Protection officers, Border Patrol agents, and Air and Marine Interdiction agents. But 10 months into the first year of a five-year contract, Accenture had processed only "two accepted job offers," according to the report."

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67592...ruits-it-hired

Old 01-08-2019, 10:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...spelled it out kindergarten easy for you, and you still cannot figure it out......and I'm coming unglued...laughable...

We got it, you were wrong and now you're mad....
Everyone reading this thread sees who's throwing a fit, chuck.

That ol' shoe definitely fits.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:10 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Everyone reading this thread sees who's throwing a fit, chuck.

That ol' shoe definitely fits.

Yes, it's clear you lost....

Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bull... if dems actually WANTED border security, then they would have secured the border going back to 86, when Ted Kennedy PROMISED to secure the border... or back in 05/06 when the border fence was passed..but the dims defunded it..why because they DONT WANT A SECURE BORDER..actions not words
No Democrats oppose border security. No Pubs oppose border security. This shutdown is not about border security.

It's about tRump desire for border drama.

Funny how tRump calls the major networks/publications "fake news" when he snuggles up to the NY tabloids.

Quote:
you have been measured and found wanting
You don't live on the border.

I do.

I've crossed that border many hundreds of times over the past four decades.

There's no "national emergency" and the border has never been as secure as it is now. 25 years ago, it was a real problem. Auto theft and property crime were out of control.

That's all been reduced to negligible.

tRump is just playing to his gullible low-info base.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
No Democrats oppose border security. No Pubs oppose border security. This shutdown is not about border security.

It's about tRump desire for border drama.

Funny how tRump calls the major networks/publications "fake news" when he snuggles up to the NY tabloids.

You don't live on the border.

I do.

I've crossed that border many hundreds of times over the past four decades.

There's no "national emergency" and the border has never been as secure as it is now. 25 years ago, it was a real problem. Auto theft and property crime were out of control.

That's all been reduced to negligible.

tRump is just playing to his gullible low-info base.

All of the stats that I have seen back this up.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...truth hurts...huh....its a fake website because trump owns it....HAHahahahahahahaha, I'm sure he inputs everything, and if what you say is true, the numbers are going the wrong way....

So, the states from 2016 are also false, you know when Obama owned that exact same website.....

The numbers are there whether you like them or not. I'll continue to post them...don't like it, put me on ignore...I don't care...

We just sent 5 billion to mexico...you're probably happy about it.
Spare me all the childish haha business and please have another look at my comment that apparently I need to further explain for you, but first just FYI, I've never put anyone on ignore. I think that's also childish. I don't think I could spend a moment in this forum without encountering alternative opinion. That might be why I'm here in the first place, since "preaching to the choir" seems like even more a waste of time to me, but let's at least use some reason and logic here, okay? Possible? Even if we don't agree?

I made the comment about "Trump's websites" because it is shameful, ignorant and backwards that Trump removed references to climate change from U.S. government websites early in his term.

"And the hits keep coming. From the Environmental Protection Agency, to the Energy Department, to the State Department and beyond, references to climate change, greenhouse gases and clean energy keep disappearing."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mp-era-n891806

So yes, we've got a bit of politics to contend with when it comes to what these websites are telling us. Also now we read from the DHS website, "Under this President, we are building a new wall for the first time in a decade that is 30-feet high to prevent illegal entry and drug smuggling.

FACT: Prior to President Trump taking office, we have never built a border wall that high."

I mean how thick can it get?

Aside from all that no doubt the prerogative of the POTUS, just like his address tonight, I tried to make the point that you and Trump are always badly misrepresenting the count and nature of these "criminals." While I accept the data, seems you missed my effort to better interpret the numbers for you. Of course you are free to ignore all that too, just as it seems all Trump supporters insist on doing...

Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
All of the stats that I have seen back this up.
I'm a front row witness to how much better it's gotten.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
I'm a front row witness to how much better it's gotten.

Yes, it's nice to hear folks from the border states debunking this "national emergency" BS while people from New York, North Carolina, Colorado, etc., parrot (where have we heard that word before?) Trump's lies.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:39 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You didn't say Mexicans were all brown but you did imply it when you claimed that Trump was firing up his base because, allegedly they are afraid of "brown people". You implication was that only "brown people" were sneaking across the border.

You don't realize that there are many fair-skinned Mexicans. Just take a look at the ruling class there. Those people don't even have "spray tans". Why did you even bring that into the equation?

"Nationalist" base? What is wrong with liking one's country? Do you have a problem with that?

The term "bad hombres" means bad men. Never did Trump say that all Mexican men were bad---and you know it, too. You also know that among the illegals there are gang members, human traffickers and drug traffickers who are sneaking into this country. To say otherwise would be a lie.

BTW, it is possible to be both white and Hispanic since Hispanic isn't a race. Is it wrong for someone who is Hispanic to be a nationalist? Is it wrong to like one's own country?

Here we go yet again.

No one said that we don't have homegrown lowlifes. We do have them and they do cause problems. However, they are American citizens, and thus, like it or not, they have a right to be in this country.

Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, have no business being here. And, yes, it is "criminal" when people who have no business being here ruin a community.

And once again, you bring up Mexico. Not all illegals are from Mexico. BTW, those companies that left Flint to go to Mexico was a result of NAFTA, which happened under Bill Clinton's watch.
Thanks for what seems a bit more fair and balanced reasoning, not directed to me, but if I may...

The term POC is a common one, unfortunately, because most people tend to think in terms of our different skin colors. Hard to argue that most Mexicans/Hispanics tend to have darker skins than typical caucasian Americans and that's probably enough about that in need of explanation. Right?

There is a difference between typical pride in country and what makes for more objectionable nationalism. Something like the difference between a healthy interest in sports and one's local team compared to people who go to games wearing face paint and looking to insult or fight with fans of the other team. To have HEALTHY pride in country doesn't include a negative feeling about POC, or immigrants, or foreign cultures, different religions, etc. Why not express pride in America without going into the "them vs us" insult mode?

Trump never did say that all Mexican men were bad. True, but when every time you are talking about the people in Mexico, in particular those trying to cross the border, using descriptions like rapists and murderers, criminals, how can that not be offensive to all Mexicans, Hispanic Americans and the rest of us Americans who don't think or talk in those terms? If the mafia, for example, were mentioned every time the subject of Italian immigrants was brought into focus, what does that tend to suggest about Italians in general?

Understand? I mean, seriously..., do you understand, because it seems Trump supporters just don't get any of this, and forgive me if I'm wrong about this too, but I think it's because all too many Trump supporters tend to be older white males who DO think in terms of our skin color differences. Most won't admit it and many don't even seem to realize it, but all indications are those tendencies are very much alive and well in the minds of Trump supporters under the guise or fear of "bad hombres" always knocking at our door...

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-08-2019 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies