Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) Noting that nobody here has provided a link to the source material yet.

2) The main gist is that conflicting reports "blows the lid" off things. As noted previously, conflicting reports are normal. If all the reports said about the same thing, then they'd say that it's suspicious and indicates they're faked or forced to toe the line or else.

3) Conspiracy claims as I noted 2 examples in my earlier post are normal and frequently proven to be absurd. That being said, I need to be given something *solid* before spending hours or even days or weeks wading through source documents.

In short, nobody has presented a sufficient case to warrant the investment of time required to pore over all of the source documents. This is a real-world consideration and a fair point if people can't even construct a thesis compelling enough to warrant further investigation.

Point 1> Source material: It's in the report. Have you looked at the site the OP posted? Have you looked at the court documents? Or are you just saying -- without any evidence of anything -- that the information is 100% completely wrong and you don't need to look at it? Because YOU can actually take a look at the court documents yourself. It's easy. If you choose NOT to, you cannot have any opinion on it because you have not seen it.

2. I would guess it that it would be important to define "conflicting." There was a lot of activity going on in LV. Multiple locations. Multiple witnesses. It would be a lot to sort through. It does not mean that info is correct or incorrect. Person A seeing XYZ at 1 location, has not bearing on Person B seeing QRS at location 2.

3. The only way to know if something is true? spend the hours wading through the primary docs yourself.

If you CHOOSE to remain ignorant your opinion is worthless. /shrug/

I'm at the point now where if Anderson Cooper told everyone hot dogs were a health food, people would run out and binge on them. Because, well, he said so, it must be true. Good grief. No one can be bothered to THINK for themselves. Your posts is a great example of it. You want proof first, then maybe you'll investigate.

The truth is in the investigation.

To add: This is a general observation I have had over the last few years. People so desperately want to be TOLD what to believe. No one wants to actually think. Ever. So they blindly dismiss things without ever investigating. PS> NASA said the moon is purple, AP reported it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/th...364354/page-23

I believe that black sedan speeding off to the heliport was the snipers being gotten out of the area. The helicopters flight track is totally illegal . That one helicopter is the only one that turned its transponder off and then on.

The speeding sedan time line wise fits with the rushing the sniper team to the heliport and the atc tapes also fit the timeline of the sedan getting to the airport and the helicopter then making a mad dash across the night sky.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:06 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Point 1> Source material: It's in the report. Have you looked at the site the OP posted? Have you looked at the court documents? Or are you just saying -- without any evidence of anything -- that the information is 100% completely wrong and you don't need to look at it? Because YOU can actually take a look at the court documents yourself. It's easy. If you choose NOT to, you cannot have any opinion on it because you have not seen it.

2. I would guess it that it would be important to define "conflicting." There was a lot of activity going on in LV. Multiple locations. Multiple witnesses. It would be a lot to sort through. It does not mean that info is correct or incorrect. Person A seeing XYZ at 1 location, has not bearing on Person B seeing QRS at location 2.

3. The only way to know if something is true? spend the hours wading through the primary docs yourself.

I'm at the point now where if Anderson Cooper told everyone hot dogs were a health food, people would run out and binge on them. Because, well, he said so, it must be true. Good grief. No one can be bothered to THINK for themselves. Your posts is a great example of it. You want proof first, then maybe you'll investigate.

To add: This is a general observation I have had over the last few years. People so desperately want to be TOLD what to believe. No one wants to actually think. Ever. So they blindly dismiss things without ever investigating. PS> NASA said the moon is purple, AP reported it.
There is no freakin' way you did a thorough job of getting through all of the source docs in a few hours.

I find my stance to be quite reasonable in that it's a big big world and I have to decide how best to allocate my time. Nobody has made a compelling enough assertion at this point. This is indeed thinking for myself.

Also in the professional world there is a certain reliance upon the work product of others. I have faith that the various people that have investigated the shooting have done a decent job unless evidence is provided proving otherwise. Again, I've not been presented with so much as a slightly smoking gun, do you even have some examples?

If you REALLY want to go down that path with me then be prepared to have me chucking hundreds of pages of source doc links at you on pretty much any topic under the sun that arises and telling you that you can't have an opinion until you've both read and demonstrated knowledge of the topic. I especially look forward to you citing anything regarding statistics.

P.S. I was told I wouldn't have to commit website traffic to that site, so I am again noting why nobody has thus provided the link to the source docs. *shrug*

Old 01-02-2019, 11:16 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What damn difference would it make if there were more shooters politically as far as gun control goes?
Same as with Sandy Hook and other shootings.

Multiple shooter claim is the pre-cursor to then claim it was a govt. plot and not actually a lone nutjob.

Thus it was all done to push gun control.

The entire effort is thus to undermine attempts to use these tragedies to push gun control as some sort of evil govt. plot.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
There is no freakin' way you did a thorough job of getting through all of the source docs in a few hours.

I find my stance to be quite reasonable in that it's a big big world and I have to decide how best to allocate my time. Nobody has made a compelling enough assertion at this point. This is indeed thinking for myself.

Also in the professional world there is a certain reliance upon the work product of others. I have faith that the various people that have investigated the shooting have done a decent job unless evidence is provided proving otherwise. Again, I've not been presented with so much as a slightly smoking gun, do you even have some examples?

If you REALLY want to go down that path with me then be prepared to have me chucking hundreds of pages of source doc links at you on pretty much any topic under the sun that arises and telling you that you can't have an opinion until you've both read and demonstrated knowledge of the topic. I especially look forward to you citing anything regarding statistics.

P.S. I was told I wouldn't have to commit website traffic to that site, so I am again noting why nobody has thus provided the link to the source docs. *shrug*
Nowhere did I say that I looked at the docs thoroughly. Nowhere did I say the claim was right/wrong. I haven't spent the time looking through them carefully enough. And I have refrained from posting an OPINION. See how that works? I keep asking if anyone had read the court docs. It is very clear that no one bothered to go look them up and then discuss them.

And you have 100% completely missed that point. But that's OK.

Continue to have an opinion because someone tells you what to think. Not because you did ANY investigation yourself.

PS. MSNBC just said that eating cat turds is a great source of protein. Don't bother investigating. Believe.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:26 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/th...364354/page-23

I believe that black sedan speeding off to the heliport was the snipers being gotten out of the area. The helicopters flight track is totally illegal . That one helicopter is the only one that turned its transponder off and then on.

The speeding sedan time line wise fits with the rushing the sniper team to the heliport and the atc tapes also fit the timeline of the sedan getting to the airport and the helicopter then making a mad dash across the night sky.
Do you ever read a credible news source or just those that conform your opinions.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you ever read a credible news source or just those that conform your opinions.
You are denying that a helicopter was used and masked it's transponder?
Google it.

https://americandigitalnews.com/inde...ation-attempt/
https://www.intellihub.com/flight-re...der-went-dark/

The tangled web surrounding the Las Vegas massacre and the upheaval in Saudi Arabia have a common thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:58 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,928 times
Quote:
Same as with Sandy Hook and other shootings.

Multiple shooter claim is the pre-cursor to then claim it was a govt. plot and not actually a lone nutjob.

Thus it was all done to push gun control.

The entire effort is thus to undermine attempts to use these tragedies to push gun control as some sort of evil govt. plot.
You have to give the faked mass shooting planners their due. How many mass shootings have we had in the past decade or two and no meaningful gun control legislation has been passed? Yet, they keep at it. And people call government workers lazy...

Old 01-02-2019, 01:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are denying that a helicopter was used and masked it's transponder?
Google it.

https://americandigitalnews.com/inde...ation-attempt/
https://www.intellihub.com/flight-re...der-went-dark/

The tangled web surrounding the Las Vegas massacre and the upheaval in Saudi Arabia have a common thread

Flight history is not always perfectly reliable. Its created by people using cheap software defined radios, and usually antennas not designed for it. Although some of us have bought custom antennas for it, others have built them with pvc tubes and wires. But far more often its a more general use antenna, with a frequency filter if you're lucky. I would hesitate to create a grand conspiracy out of it because of this.

And where was the antenna that was receiving this? Because some days I see flights over 150 miles away, others I'm lucky to see 60.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Yes, people gonna wade through court documents just to confirm a crackpot theory is a crackpot theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies