Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You wouldn't check within 5 days after you came home to a smashed window or kicked in door? That would be unreasonable.
We were burglarized and the burglar put everything back as it was. My only clue was that the back screen was about 1 inch open. Burglars can be very sneaky. He took the window off and put it back on when he left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Ask the service manager of any major car dealership how many firearms they find in cars brought in for routine service by idiots forgetting their weapon under the front seat or in the glove box.

The ones found under the seats are usually so filthy they defy all rules of responsible ownership.
I bet some of those were also illegally owned, as in not legally bought too.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:13 PM

17,159 posts, read 12,004,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We were burglarized and the burglar put everything back as it was. My only clue was that the back screen was about 1 inch open. Burglars can be very sneaky. He took the window off and put it back on when he left.
Well then it's still reasonable that you would not have checked until you realized it...

Old 01-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Well then it's still reasonable that you would not have checked until you realized it...
This guy hit 8 houses and no one knew it happened until I went around asking. A stolen gun in one of them but it was in a locked case.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 12 days ago)

5,784 posts, read 3,568,605 times
Canada seems to have good laws. And no, they don't prohibit all civilian ownership of firearms. And no, they won't turn into North Korea or even Russia or China because of it.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../FullText.html

Old 01-02-2019, 03:50 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,717,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Canada seems to have good laws. And no, they don't prohibit all civilian ownership of firearms. And no, they won't turn into North Korea or even Russia or China because of it.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../FullText.html
What does this have to do with the United States of America and the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution??

Old 01-02-2019, 04:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,461,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Canada seems to have good laws.
And China has great dumplings.

What in Sam Hill does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Old 01-02-2019, 04:13 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,454,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The suprising thing is the sheeple, i mean people that are happy about this, and really believe it is a good thing.
There has always been people like that, heck, even during the American REvolution, there were plenty of colonists that sided with England and wanted no part in the revolution.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:22 PM

28,982 posts, read 14,324,972 times
Saw this on FB, and thought it was well stated.

They love to say “Nobody is taking your guns away”

Then they said an assault weapon was ANY semiautomatic rifle.

Then you said we had to be 21 to possess one.

Then we had to get training every five years to maintain possession of one.

Then we had to waive your health records privacy for the rest of your life to own one.

Then we had to submit to annual background checks for the rest of your life.

Then we had to pay a $25 or greater fee.

Then we had to wait 10 business days to get one.

Then we have to store them in a manner that you determine is safe

Then you make us criminals if our rifle is stolen.

Then they said we can’t have magazines greater than 10 rounds.

Now they say, we can’t have them at all.

Well, get your damn story straight. You’ve redefined assault rifle a few times now. Now, you ARE going to take them. You’ve lied to the public about them for decades. You’ve changed your narrative and rebranded gun control as gun safety, or common sense reform. You’ve bought the media. You’ve bought Hollywood. You’ve bought the state legislature. You’ve bought the state Supreme Court. You’ve bought public opinion. You’ve got your own security detail. You’ve got your own bodyguards. Our safety, our rights, our constitution really don’t matter anymore.

In 2017, 1 person murdered with any rifle in Washington state. Now, the rifle is a top priority for our state? How many people used a firearm in self defense in 2017, without firing a shot?

How many criminals will follow these laws? How many citizens will be made into criminals if they don’t follow these laws? How many citizens will be denied their rights because they can’t afford to comply with these laws?

When will you be satisfied? When all the good people are your subjects?

The second amendment isn’t about deer hunting, recreational sport shooting, or self defense. It’s about protecting ourselves from a government that imposes its will upon the citizens. About a government that can’t protect us from ourselves, or from the government itself.

You want safer schools? Teach responsibility, Morality and Respect. Unplug kids from a menu of behavior modifying drugs and violent games. Investigate threats, punish criminals, enforce the law, do your job.

My rifle sits still until I pick it up. It makes my neighborhood safer. My rifle keeps my family safer. My rifle is there when the police aren’t. My rifle works when 911 doesn’t. My rifle is protected by the constitution. Stop making my rifle the issue. Let’s make criminal behavior the issue.

Contact your legislators ASAP via email, phone, or visit them in their office. Be respectful and professional. Tell them no more.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:32 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,079,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's a good first step, but doesn't go nearly far enough. One good suggestion: Anyone ever convicted of drunk driving or public drunkenness, should never be permitted to possess a firearm. That would be bad news for about 90% of the gun nuts.
Why don't you propose your idea to legislature? Passing laws that won't be complied with only makes the peasants angry.
But I'm sure you were kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies