Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And it worked. Early on evangelicals weren't fully on board with Trump but that all changed when he picked Pence. They liked his anti-LGBT bill in Indiana.
While I'd agree with you that Pence did help with the evangelicals, his anti-LBGT stances hurt him for his reelection campaign as governor of IA. Which pushed him to consider running with Trump because, he didn't have much to lose at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 11:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh god forbid there is a politician in power that believes in abstinence. The absolute horror that you won't have a proponent in office to help facilitate reckless sex from children. You people are absolute Authoritarians and sexual deviants. Almost everything in Leftist circles revolves around some sort of sex act or sexual innuendo. BTW, condoms are readily available to all now and have been for many decades.
Ha on sex is now a deviancy? Lol!

Old 01-04-2019, 11:35 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
While I'd agree with you that Pence did help with the evangelicals, his anti-LBGT stances hurt him for his reelection campaign as governor of IA. Which pushed him to consider running with Trump because, he didn't have much to lose at that time.

Indiana, not Iowa.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:37 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Indiana, not Iowa.
Whoops - it should be IN, not IA.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:22 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It take it, you completely missed the context in which Pence made those remarks.

Do you think your teenage kids should practice abstinence or go out and have all the sex they want as long as they use a condom?

The person who wrote that hit piece was hoping you didn't actually read what Pence wrote and he seems to hit the mark. Your broad based negative generality against millions of people speaks for itself where the problem lies.
You're right I didn't read it. That you think the stated beliefs of conservative Christians is negative is your interpretation it certainly isn't mine.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You'd be surprised how few conservative Christians agree with that view. Catholics, in the other hand, have an issue with contraceptives.
A majority believe it and it goes beyond Catholics. The Duggars are a famous example.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump won’t make it that long if Muller finds something on him.

Again politics and religion do not mix. Period.
Politics, religion and the economy are intertwined in many ways. They form the basis of any state to be frank.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ontent=Jan2018

After reading this maybe we should just let Trump finish his term. Pence worries me here.

At the same time Pence is an idiot for thinking that teenagers are not going to have sex. Prayer isn’t going to keep them from getting an STD or from getting pregnant.
Taking that on face value that is a pretty crazy thing to say. Pence is a major major political hack. He can never answer a question straight, even from friendly sources he just jumps into talking points mode, and I know all politician do it, he's just seem more obvious in how he does it to me.

I really do my best to be a guy that supports all of the freedoms with religious and speech being important ones. I'm not a Christian but I usually full on support their rights but this condoms are too liberal thing is troubling to say the least.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:53 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
I’ll never understand why Evangelicals like Pence are against condoms, they have helped to save lives and prevent pregnancies. Is he actually for STD’s, HIV, and underaged kids having babies? I actually think that every school should be offering free condoms because young people are going to have sex whether he believes it or not. Praying doesn’t work.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:05 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’ll never understand why Evangelicals like Pence are against condoms, they have helped to save lives and prevent pregnancies. Is he actually for STD’s, HIV, and underaged kids having babies? I actually think that every school should be offering free condoms because young people are going to have sex whether he believes it or not. Praying doesn’t work.
Catholics have been practicing some form of birth control for years and everyone knows it. The church just looks the other way while giving some lips service about not taking preventative measures.

A huge factor in poverty stricken places is the high birth rates and it just doesn't help having too many babies. "Morality" and all of that needs to take a backseat in my opinion in dealing with this issue.

No glove, no love baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies