Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:10 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,237,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Harry Reid is a democrat and so it is no shock that he hates Trump.

The problem though is that Trump supporters continually sweep under the rug the growing list of people who think Trump is a poor president. Its too long of a list to make, but according to Trump supporters anyone who opposes fearless leader is a bad person. We are supposed to believe now that General Mattis is bad because he couldn't accept Trump's reckless decision about Syria. We are supposed to belief Mitt Romney is bad because Mitt Romney won't swallow the purple koolaid and go along with Trump's outrageous behavior. We were supposed to believe John McCain was bad because John McCain saw the truth which is that Trump has no moral character. General HR McMasters was fired as National Security Adviser because he didn't share Trump's radical views about Iran. Rex Tillerson was fired as Secretary of State because he didn't agree with Trump's isolationist foreign policy. Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska does not like Trump and said so numerous times. Outgoing republican senator Bob Corker doesn't like Trump's approach to the presidency and has made his feelings clear many times. Outgoing Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona thinks Trump is unfit to be President.

All of these people are republicans. What they refuse to be are Trump ideologues.

CNN is far from the only media outlet that is critical of Trump. I would encourage you to listen to ABC and CBS as well. Even FOX is becoming more critical of Trump than they have been.

You can react to a post like mine in one of two ways: (1) You can imagine there is some giant conspiracy out there to "get" Trump; (2) You can take this opportunity to think for a little bit and ask yourself why so many conservatives are upset with Trump.

If you can't get beyond the notion that this is (1) --some giant conspiracy-- than any dialogue with someone you disagree with is simply a waste of time. People who think that way are just crazy and its literally coming to the point where they have to pick Trump even though the whole world is turning against him.

An intelligent person would make room for the idea that Donald Trump is the problem and brings much of this on himself. That's the essence of it. No President is perfect, but when such a flawed man is put on a pedestal....well....most of us are just laughing at you.
Trump is a flawed man, let's start with that, and let's acknowledge his people skills aren't very good. With the exception of Mattis (who I was sorry to see go), most of these guys are swamp creatures.... I for one could care less what Mitt Romney thinks about anything. Romney blew the 2012 election. Trump has it right IMO on an isolationist foreign policy - getting out of Syria to stop supporting supposed "good rebels" is a good move. There are no good rebels in the middle east. Tillerson is an oil CEO - no great loss to see him go. McCain - another long time establishment guy although I think Trump's comments on his being captured were dead wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 05:23 PM

2,486 posts, read 823,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You mean 60% of Democrats and 100% of leftists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

The reality is that he is neither tanking nor gaining.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx

His approval ratings:

2017 Jan 20-29

Republicans 89%

Independents 42%

Dems 13%

Now
2018 Dec 17-22

R 89%

I 39%

D 8%

Dems could be at 0% and it would make no difference at the polls. That 3% loss to Independents would be enough to make a difference, however that depends on who the Dems field in 2020. If Booker, Warren, Harris or Gillibrand win the ticket the Independents will swallow their pride and vote for Trump again. Of course, this is only if the election were held today.

Hard to believe we will have 2 more years of campaigning to live through.

I feel like election cycles never end anymore.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:24 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,668,142 times
How is this breaking news?

Old 01-02-2019, 05:29 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,594,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
CNN only provides anti-Trump stories.....whereas Fox News has pro-Trump and some anti-Trump stories and has been rated #1 for 204 months in a row!
I'll assume this is true for the sake of getting to my point.

No accounting for tastes (or if you prefer, discernment skills) among the general viewing public.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:36 PM

5,271 posts, read 6,203,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Dems could be at 0% and it would make no difference at the polls. That 3% loss to Independents would be enough to make a difference, however that depends on who the Dems field in 2020. If Booker, Warren, Harris or Gillibrand win the ticket the Independents will swallow their pride and vote for Trump again. Of course, this is only if the election were held today.

Hard to believe we will have 2 more years of campaigning to live through.

I feel like election cycles never end anymore.
I think you are correct about his approval numbers being in a narrow band; however I disagree that Dem approval does not matter. He won Wi, Mi and Pa by less than one percent. Losing 2% Dem support could be enough to tip those states. Similarly going from indifference to disapproval could get enough bodies to the polls to flip them as well. After reading up on the last election including the reasoning behind using Hillary as little as possible in those Midwestern states, I think the Trump margin of victory were voters that showed up just to vote against her.

So he really needs to get that pittance of the Dem vote. Similarly the next D really needs to at least hold onto the pittance of Rs who voted Hillary.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,136,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
In a shocking twist , Harry Reid still hates Trump.

Does CNN even pretend to be a news network anymore? Seems like all they do is recycle the same anti-Trump propaganda month after month.
Do you have a problem with Fox and such with their pro-Trump propaganda? CNN fares better.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:58 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,181,244 times
aww, poor little Trumplings got their feelers hurt.

How dare a dying man grant a final interview and criticize the Tangerine Menace.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Harry who? Oh yeah that guy who helped Pelosi force the unaffordable Care Act upon us. Also that guy who used the protection of the senate floor to tell lies about Romney's taxes. Trillions in additional debt on his watch.
Yeah his opinion really doesn't matter to many of us.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:15 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
CNN is far more objective than FOX is. I frequently hear unimpeded commentary from Hannity and Ingraham. You won't find that on CNN. On CNN, you will find panel discussions and discussions where a representative of Trump or the GOP is given time to respond to any controversy that is raised.

Where is that similar kind of discussion on FOX? Who are the left wing sources brought into to defend the democrats? Who is there to defend Mueller and the Mueller investigation?

Shepherd Smith is sort of ok, but the content he is given to read is far different than I hear not only on CNN, but on ABC as well.

I see FOX as a propaganda machine that virtually 24/7 supports the Trump Administration--unless the issue is something like Syria...where no one agrees with him.
This post just reeks of either naivety or denial, maybe both!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:18 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
How is this breaking news?
Yes!!!! Thank you!!!! CNN has been scraping the bottom for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies