Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i thought a trans gender person was a gay person that didnt want to be called gay
You thought wrong

Old 01-03-2019, 05:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Actually I do not believe you are telling the entire story here. I seem to recall reading that the teacher refereed to the trans student out loud as their birth gender. The teacher said it was a slip up. Teacher was then asked to sign a document stating that he would not slip up again. Teacher refused.
Not defending the teacher being fired mind you, but just stating some details that were reported.
The teacher did 'slip up.' He taught the student previously and knew the student. The student then decided to switch sexes.

It was similar to someone saying, "I know you used to call me Timmy, I want to be called Tim." Slip ups happen, you are going to inadvertently call him Timmy. It was not intentional, and it was NOT the reason the teacher was fired.

The teacher then only referred to the student by name. The teacher was well liked in the community.

Can you explain why the teacher should be fired for NOT using certain words?

Old 01-03-2019, 05:20 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The teacher did 'slip up.' He taught the student previously and knew the student. The student then decided to switch sexes.

It was similar to someone saying, "I know you used to call me Timmy, I want to be called Tim." Slip ups happen, you are going to inadvertently call him Timmy. It was not intentional, and it was NOT the reason the teacher was fired.

The teacher then only referred to the student by name. The teacher was well liked in the community.

A teacher should not be fired for not using certain words. But the slip ups were after the student's ID was changed on the roles according to the reports I read. Really though only those that were present know the accurate story.
Now there was a more recent story where a teacher mocked a trans student (F2m that was allowed by school policy to use the faculty mens room), for using the toilet instead of the urinal. That teacher was suspended and deservedly so.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:

Oh stop. We can all read. The teacher refused to use pronouns when referring to the student because he didn't agree with them. Those were his words. Nowhere did he say he slipped up.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:42 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
You are reading major emotions into my posts that do not exist.

The anger is coming from you --- becuase you would "banned" by all those kind words you would post, right?

Simply because I do not want my rights to my speech messed with. Just stunning. Go ahead and write your hatefilled rant. I look forward to your display of tolerance.
Your rights to your speech exist.

How many times do you need this repeated to you?

Old 01-04-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Your rights to your speech exist.

How many times do you need this repeated to you?
You are absolutely and knowingly missing the point.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh stop. We can all read. The teacher refused to use pronouns when referring to the student because he didn't agree with them. Those were his words. Nowhere did he say he slipped up.
Yes.

The teacher was fired because of what he did not say. I have stated that again and again.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Just treat people with respect and dignity.

If you want to screw someone get consent.

And the little blue & green ball will keep floating around the sun.

Thank you! Why people worry about what other people do, I've never understood that! If there is a God, let him worry about the things he supposedly created!

Old 01-04-2019, 12:35 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
in related news...

Appeals court sides with Trump on transgender military ban

Old 01-04-2019, 12:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No it doesn't; that's just the black and white no grey area conservative mentality that thinks that
Yes it does. To suggest otherwise is adding to their mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies