Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I was mocking the OP not you.

He could have just as well as asked how a bill becomes a law or how to make an origami butterfly. He has no interest on understanding any of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously 🙄
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Got it. You are correct. The OP has no interest in expanding his or her mind. I post for the ones that are not so stuck in their ways. Have a good one.
I mocked no one. I have legitimate questions, and try to get answers. In my 67+ years there have been many changes and if I don't understand, I ask openly. Communication works best with honest dialogue, when you insult someone, give and take disappears.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
No one is controlling your behavior. You have every right to be a jerk, if you want.

Good God, this forum is insane.
You can not agree to support someone else's mental illness AND not be a jerk.

The two concepts are not incompatible.

And you're right, this forum is insane as people somehow think if someone does not agree with you , then that person is automatically a jerk. /shrug/

Everyone you know must be a jerk then, since you will not find 1 person on this earth that agrees 100% with everything you think and do.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I mocked no one. I have legitimate questions, and try to get answers. In my 67+ years there have been many changes and if I don't understand, I ask openly. Communication works best with honest dialogue, when you insult someone, give and take disappears.
I hear what you are saying.

The problem is there is no room for asking any questions or having a differing opinion. If you do, you are automatically call names (jerk, insensitive, bigot, homophobe, etc.). Even if you behave in a civil manner to all you meet. That actually *doesn't matter.* You have to support mental illness.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Be kind, mind your own business, and don't judge. That should get you pretty far in life.

Your sarcasm detector needs an adjustment.

Amen to that.
Ever? How does that work?

Are you OK with people who beat their kids? Murder others? Throw litter out of cars? Maybe no kids should ever be told not to do stuff since that's "judgment"?

Don't judge? That means any behavior anyone does at any time to anyone else is 100% A-OK. It's alllll goooood right?

No, it's not.

What people have failed to realize is that the "mind your own business" goes 2 ways.

Don't indoctrinate 5 year olds with transgenderism. Don't dictate to me what words I can use or not use. Don't claim biology does not exist.

Mind your own business. Indeed. Leave ME alone.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is not now or has it ever been *normal.*
This is untrue transgender individuals have been with humanity since prehisotry. Transgender History: Trans Expression in Ancient Times | The Bilerico Project

Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This is untrue transgender individuals have been with humanity since prehisotry. Transgender History: Trans Expression in Ancient Times | The Bilerico Project
And there are people born with 12 fingers. Doesn't mean it is *normal."

You can find an example of any behavior and say, they did it 14,000 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Again: Does not mean it's normal.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:49 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
You can not agree to support someone else's mental illness AND not be a jerk.

The two concepts are not incompatible.

And you're right, this forum is insane as people somehow think if someone does not agree with you , then that person is automatically a jerk. /shrug/

Everyone you know must be a jerk then, since you will not find 1 person on this earth that agrees 100% with everything you think and do.
I didn't call you a jerk, and I certainly didn't call you a jerk for disagreeing.

You might want to re-read the post...

Old 01-03-2019, 10:50 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Ever? How does that work?

Are you OK with people who beat their kids? Murder others? Throw litter out of cars? Maybe no kids should ever be told not to do stuff since that's "judgment"?

Don't judge? That means any behavior anyone does at any time to anyone else is 100% A-OK. It's alllll goooood right?

No, it's not.

What people have failed to realize is that the "mind your own business" goes 2 ways.

Don't indoctrinate 5 year olds with transgenderism. Don't dictate to me what words I can use or not use. Don't claim biology does not exist.

Mind your own business. Indeed. Leave ME alone.
Lol.....

Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
All you armchair shrinks need help and should educate yourselves before denouncing something as a mental issue that can be fixed.

People like you are the reason transfolks are attacked and killed or kill themselves.

If you can't be nice...can't be compassionate, which you've made clear, can you at least try really hard not to be cruel? Is that just asking too much of you as human beings?

Old 01-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All you armchair shrinks need help and should educate yourselves before denouncing something as a mental issue that can be fixed.

People like you are the reason transfolks are attacked and killed or kill themselves.

If you can't be nice...can't be compassionate, which you've made clear, can you at least try really hard not to be cruel? Is that just asking too much of you as human beings?
Yeah, I'll take the word of a psychiatrist (who went to medical school) before some random internet poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies