Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I dislike vigilantes of all kinds, no matter who they're going after.

And that news report was pretty balanced. There was no sympathy granted to anyone.

Not quite the same thing, and you know it.
BS. Cue the violin:

Quote:
Malcolm was tall and handsome. The oldest son of Jamaican immigrants, he wholly subscribed to the idea of the American dream. In high school, Malcolm was vice president of the Future Business Leaders of America club, assistant captain of the tennis and swim teams and a member of the student council and Model United Nations. He started a social marketing business at 15.

After graduating in 2016, Malcolm filled his Instagram and Facebook feeds with photos of New York high-rises, bathroom selfies in three-piece suits and links to news articles in which he was featured. He went to community college while working as a junior buyer for a local circuit-board manufacturer and was the subject of a Connecticut Public Television series that profiled recent high school graduates. Earlier this year, he was named one of Litchfield County’s 40 Leaders Under 40.
Not one bit of that has a thing to do with the fact that he went there to meet what he thought was going to be an underaged boy. Notice NBC News didn't spend a whole lot of time talking about THAT fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 04:24 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
An article from NBC portraying pedophiles in a good light...shaming those that would expose sorry animals that prey on children.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ow-one-n953856

You are wrong the article is about vigilante groups and their tactics pedophilia isn't the focus. I don't agree with their tactics they aren't trained and there is no oversight on them, their operations look thuggish to me.

Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You are wrong the article is about vigilante groups and their tactics pedophilia isn't the focus. I don't agree with their tactics they aren't trained and there is no oversight on them, their operations look thuggish to me.
No, I am not wrong. The article is indeed about a particular non-violent vigilante group that exposes low life animals that would rape and molest and maybe murder children. My post was how NBC News painted these animals in a sympathetic light...and they damn well did.

Thankfully, the gay, handsome scholar/athlete has long since reached room temperature and THAT particular animal will never rape a child. All’s well that ends well!

Old 01-03-2019, 05:15 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
Hell yes vigilante groups are a far better solution. Justice clearly did not prevail there.

You truly support mob justice over judge and jury?

That's what the article tries to address. Not this misleading thread title.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
BS. Cue the violin:

Not one bit of that has a thing to do with the fact that he went there to meet what he thought was going to be an underaged boy. Notice NBC News didn't spend a whole lot of time talking about THAT fact.
I think the fact that he was gay, (or bisexual? Not sure), had a lot to do the media not talking about it much, painting him in a negative light is a slippery slope.

Ive seen the story, not really sure what the concern is about, every other news piece they do on a criminal, they usually always give some kind of history of the person, it just so happened with this particular guy, he had a pretty impressive list of accomplishments, but that doesnt change the fact that he committed the crime, I doubt many people interpreted it in that way honestly.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Key words: ALLEGED. And VIGILANTE. You can't go vigilante on people who are alleged to be criminals.
Why not? Leftist groups and Democrats do it daily and it's applauded.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
BS. Cue the violin:

SJW's and virtue signalers can't recognize when those things are happening right in front of their eyes since they see that stuff as normal everyday life.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:11 AM
AFP

Quote:
No, I am not wrong. The article is indeed about a particular non-violent vigilante group that exposes low life animals that would rape and molest and maybe murder children. My post was how NBC News painted these animals in a sympathetic light...and they damn well did.

Thankfully, the gay, handsome scholar/athlete has long since reached room temperature and THAT particular animal will never rape a child. All’s well that ends well!
They can be both a sexually deviant predator as well as an athlete/scholar particularly the one's that tend to blend in. All of those qualities can exist in one person.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:18 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They can be both a sexually deviant predator as well as an athlete/scholar particularly the one's that tend to blend in. All of those qualities can exist in one person.

Good grief! Who's arguing that point? No one, that's who.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:47 AM
AFP

Quote:
Good grief! Who's arguing that point? No one, that's who.

How specifically did they paint him in a sympathetic light? What I'm most curious about is why some pedophiles sexually offend while other's don't. Simply labeling them all as Animals that need to die and expressing satisfaction that one died solves nothing and is juvenile. Looking at pedophiles in general in a more nuanced way isn't showing sympathy it's being intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies