Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:47 AM

16,040 posts, read 10,610,095 times

Advertisements

He's not stable in comparison with a sane person but he might appear a bit more restrained or sober as his world collapses. As a rule, he tries to convince himself that he is in charge...that's part of what the personnel changes are about. He still has that "You're fired" mentality going on as a crutch when things get bad. It makes him feel in charge. He is running out of high profile people to fire as pawns in his charade. He likes to fire men and divorce women -- it's the same to him. He is hurt when a woman resigns (Haley, for example) but denigrates any man who resigns on their own -- out of fear.

He is just as crazy and unstable as ever -- a dangerous loose cannon. Even the Republicans are more vocal in their criticism but they still think that he can be guided by constructive criticism. That idea is fading fast after two weeks of government shutdown and the whiplash tweets and pronouncements...maybe reaching a tipping point. It will get worse now that the Democrats have the House so we are approaching a crisis of instability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 09:51 AM

7,469 posts, read 6,206,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I will preface by saying I despise Trump, I think he is a terrible president and most of his choices as POTUS have been bad for the country. I think he has proven himself unqualified for and incompetent in the job.

That said, over the past few weeks/months he seems a bit more stable to me.

In most of his appearances I saw over the first two years, he seemed to not be able to even hold a single thought in his mind for more than 15 seconds. He was all over the place when he talked and it was like incoherent word salad was coming out of his mouth.

In the appearances I've seen recently, such as WH meeting with Schumer/Pelosi, the criminal justice reform signing and the last cabinet meeting, he seems to actually be able to articulate semi-coherent thoughts a little better. I guess this is a step up, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
By 2024 you will be loving President Trump.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
I will preface by saying I despise Trump, I think he is a terrible president and most of his choices as POTUS have been bad for the country. I think he has proven himself unqualified for and incompetent in the job.

In most of his appearances I saw over the first two years, he seemed to not be able to even hold a single thought in his mind for more than 15 seconds. He was all over the place when he talked and it was like incoherent word salad was coming out of his mouth.

In the appearances I've seen recently, such as WH meeting with Schumer/Pelosi, the criminal justice reform signing and the last cabinet meeting, he seems to actually be able to articulate semi-coherent thoughts a little better. I guess this is a step up, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

He's not out on the Dog & Pony Show tour, we're just not seeing him perform for large audiences as much as we had been.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
Quote:

He appeared to be off his rocker yesterday when he aired an unhinged 90-minutes of him babbling while saying nothing with any real meaning.

In addition, we had to listen to him whine about being in the WH for the holidays. Seriously? But, he said he told his family--"you go enjoy yourselves in Florida" (and I'll be the martyr in the WH), which nobody believes anyhow.

As for his holiday week in tweets? Disgusting as usual, though more unhinged. He's getting worse as the walls close in--I think he's going to go full on openly nuts soon.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:00 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,178,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
No he is still the same, and get ready for him to really go off the rails in the coming days as the dems start in on him.
This.

I think it's going to get worse, a LOT worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies