Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 12:32 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
That ego was going to run for president, he was just along for the ride, regardless if the wall was built.
Then why didnt he run as far back as the mid ‘80s? He has been saying the exact same thing in tv interviews for 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 12:35 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
For all those who want to climb the 30 foot wall with a ladder, here's a good one. As you can see, it costs 565$ and weighs 225 pounds, but it'll sure work to get you up on top of that 30 foot wall. Might want to practice the land-and-roll technique used by paratroopers, though, for when you jump down to the American side. It's gonna sting a little.

And here's a grappling hook that oughta work. Throwing it up over the solid steel top of the fence is a bit tricky, but you could practice by throwing 2.5 lb. weights up to the 3rd floor window of a building. I'm a bit of a hoss myself, and I couldn't do it. Maybe you're a bigger hoss, I dunno.

Anyways, lotsa luck to all those who think they can do it. I couldn't. Come to think of it, would you post the time and place of your demonstration? ..... I gotta see this!

Old 01-10-2019, 12:36 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Manufactured crisis at the border. Mueller wrapping up his investigation. Revealed that Manafort was engaged in a criminal conspiracy with Russian intelligence operatives and supplying them polling information to help Trump win the election.

Russian business entity probably a bank resisting subpoena by Mueller and paying 50K per day fine. Most likely a case of Trump involved in money laundering with the oligarchs. Trump will do anything to distract. Republicans did nothing for two years on the border and now a crisis.
WTH are you talking about? Trump was talking about border security and a wall well before he was even elected and any Mueller investigation and in the two years he's been in office he has been pushing forward to make those things happen. Geezus! The GOP can't pass a funding bill all by themselves for a wall either so why are you just blaming them? Why didn't the Democrats bring forth a bill on border security? Why did Schumer and Obama pass the wall bill back in 2006 but refused to fund it?

Old 01-10-2019, 12:39 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
For all those who want to climb the 30 foot wall with a ladder, here's a good one. As you can see, it costs 565$ and weighs 225 pounds, but it'll sure work to get you up on top of that 30 foot wall. Might want to practice the land-and-roll technique used by paratroopers, though, for when you jump down to the American side. It's gonna sting a little.

And here's a grappling hook that oughta work. Throwing it up over the solid steel top of the fence is a bit tricky, but you could practice by throwing 2.5 lb. weights up to the 3rd floor window of a building. I'm a bit of a hoss myself, and I couldn't do it. Maybe you're a bigger hoss, I dunno.

Anyways, lotsa luck to all those who think they can do it. I couldn't. Come to think of it, would you post the time and place of your demonstration? ..... I gotta see this!

The last one who tried to scale one of the good walls broke both legs trying.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What is a Corporatist?

Does that include the tens of thousands of households that employ undocumented labor to clean their homes, mow their grass, plow their snow, mind their children?
Households have NO way of determining if someone is here legally or not.

Quote:
Does that include the tens of thousands of households who hire small business roofers, remodelers and so on who employ undocumented people?
Again.

Quote:
Does that include the thousands of residential home builders who rely on contractors who hire undocumented labor?
We get closer here.

Quote:
Does that include farms who recruit and hire undocumented people because they are cheaper than unlimited legal seasonal agriculture workers?
In this case it can.

Quote:
Does that include businesses and municipalities and school districts who contract out for overnight cleaning services from small businesses who employ undocumented people?
For the most part, again.

Quote:
Does that include the thousands of restaurants that employ undocumented people in the kitchen?
For some. The corporations will not allow the politicians to enact mandatory e-verify with strong enforcements. Even then, someone hiring a person to rake their leaves aren't going to have to use it and that's really not the issue.

A corporate Dairy would have to.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He deserves nothing. With his history of NOT paying people, fact not my opinion. This man cares NOTHING about people missing paychecks regardless of what he says or how he acts. He's using people as pawns in his little game. Thats your hero.

Pelosi can end the shutdown and give those workers their paychecks by agreeing to $5B for a wall. She agreed to give $12B more than requested for foreign aid so it's not about the money. Take it from that. Cut the $12B extra foreign aid out, add $5B for a wall, and the total spending bill will be $7B less than what she is now offering. Border security AND fiscal responsibility.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Pelosi can end the shutdown and give those workers their paychecks by agreeing to $5B for a wall. She agreed to give $12B more than requested for foreign aid so it's not about the money. Take it from that. Cut the $12B extra foreign aid out, add $5B for a wall, and the total spending bill will be $7B less than what she is now offering. Border security AND fiscal responsibility.
You are right...it's NOT about the money. It's about setting precedent when someone wants ransom. I think if you step back and think about it, you'd agree that you would not want every POTUS in the future (and Trump...many more times) doing this same thing over and over again....

BTW, Trumps numbers took another dive today. Almost a 13 point Spread now...it's been 8 months or so since we saw them that far apart (Disapprove is going up, and approve is going DOWN....Approve usually stays still, so it's relevant that even Trumpies are Dumping Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Look at those lines! Music to my eyes.

The Dems are only gonna be able to fix X amounts of the Trump and GOP nightmare. In doing so we wouldn't want them to break with the way our government is run....

Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Why didn't Trump take the agreement that he approved about 3 weeks ago? We wouldn't even be here now had he done that.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You are right...it's NOT about the money. It's about setting precedent when someone wants ransom. I think if you step back and think about it, you'd agree that you would not want every POTUS in the future (and Trump...many more times) doing this same thing over and over again....

BTW, Trumps numbers took another dive today. Almost a 13 point Spread now...it's been 8 months or so since we saw them that far apart (Disapprove is going up, and approve is going DOWN....Approve usually stays still, so it's relevant that even Trumpies are Dumping Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Look at those lines! Music to my eyes.

The Dems are only gonna be able to fix X amounts of the Trump and GOP nightmare. In doing so we wouldn't want them to break with the way our government is run....
Just saw him walking along the border in Mission, TX. There were migrants as far as the eye could see trying to breach the border!

Old 01-10-2019, 01:59 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
This will open up future presidents into thinking this is a way to run our country. Its a absolutely insane escalation designed to damage the underpinnings of our government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies