Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 05:12 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,977,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm sure others have suggested this but....If you have no money coming in, bills are coming up, how about getting a part time job or another full time job? That way you can feed your family until the shutdown ends.

I see furloughed workers picketing and I first thing I think, they could be working somewhere right now, earning money...it just seems logical to me.
So how about myself...who work normal hours during the shutdown with no on time pay. I am full filling my obligation of working 5/6 days a week... I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,616,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm sure others have suggested this but....If you have no money coming in, bills are coming up, how about getting a part time job or another full time job? That way you can feed your family until the shutdown ends.

I see furloughed workers picketing and I first thing I think, they could be working somewhere right now, earning money...it just seems logical to me.

GREAT IDEA!

Now can you post 800,000 suitable short term jobs listings ???

My guess is you are fully aware that there is a snowball's chance in hell of the average gov worker finding a short term part time job....

Some will be lucky and have a contact , most will not.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:33 PM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They are putting out bills that will pay these workers.

None of them get to the Senate floor because Trump owns McConnell, and none of them contain money for Trump's vanity wall.

Why do you keep repeating this? It's not Trump's wall but the wall approved by a bi-partisan congress back in 2006 signed by both Schumer and Obama. Now are you just going to keep repeating this again anyway?

Old 01-11-2019, 05:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You should ponder the fact the TRUMP is president not Obama. It’s a fact the fact you can’t stay on topic is another fact. If Trump wanted the wall so bad he should of done it while he had control of the house. Fact.
He knew that Republicans didn't want the wall either.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You must have a very short memory. The GOP rejected wall funding two or three times before the Democrats took over the House.

That's because the Democrats were offering far less than what Trump requested, duh. So what's your point?

Old 01-11-2019, 05:49 PM

22,338 posts, read 11,869,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What about Obama? What about Clinton? What about Warren G. Harding?

What about staying on topic?

Is that even possible?
What are you yammering about? What about making yourself clear? Is that even possible?

You can't comprehend what I'm getting at? Let me explain it to you. Obama faced a similar scenario. One would have thought that with things in his favor he could have rammed amnesty through and crammed it down our throats. Yet it didn't happen. Ponder that and you will get your answer as to why Trump couldn't get the wall previously.

Is that really so difficult?

Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What are you yammering about? What about making yourself clear? Is that even possible?

You can't comprehend what I'm getting at? Let me explain it to you. Obama faced a similar scenario. One would have thought that with things in his favor he could have rammed amnesty through and crammed it down our throats. Yet it didn't happen. Ponder that and you will get your answer as to why Trump couldn't get the wall previously.

Is that really so difficult?

Well stated and they don't want to acknowledge that Obama was in the same position and wasn't able to accomplish what he wanted without congress' approval either. He just ignored congress and gave millions of illegal aliens a temporary stay of deportation along with work permits anyway. The lefty liberals are such hypocrites when it comes to Trump though.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:09 PM
JL

8,519 posts, read 14,492,951 times
Why doesn't he follow through his campaign promise of making Mexico pay for the wall....lol

Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,616,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well stated and they don't want to acknowledge that Obama was in the same position and wasn't able to accomplish what he wanted without congress' approval either. He just ignored congress and gave millions of illegal aliens a temporary stay of deportation along with work permits anyway. The lefty liberals are such hypocrites when it comes to Trump though.
nope

Republicans controlled congress for 8 years. Dems had Obama and congress for two years and passed the biggest reform of healthcare in our lifetimes.

Trump had two years all he really cared about was his big tax scam.

If trump really wanted the wall he would have formed a budget that the dems could not refuse to sign and then congress could later pay for the wall through Budget Reconciliation. Trump chose not too. And instead opted for to push through the TAX SCAM

Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
The longer tRump drags out his shut down, the more likely it is that some sort of disaster will occur as a direct result.

What will America say if two airliners collide because air traffic controllers haven't been paid for too long and begin absenteeism as their only recourse?

tRump claims this about "national security" yet his shut down makes America demonstrably less secure.

It may be time for some cowardly GOP senators to grow a pair.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies