Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 04:34 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
BS

https://democrats.org/issues/immigration-reform/

There is nothing in the above^^^^that even discusses border security. Instead, there is drivel like (from the link):

prioritizing immigration enforcement so that it is focused on those with criminal records and doesn’t arbitrarily separate families, and Democrats are fighting to protect that progress.

---------------------------------

First, all illegal aliens are criminals. The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron. Second, no one is "separating families". If the parents are deported, no one is forcing them to leave their children behind. In fact, any decent parents would take their kids with them.

There there is this:

We honor our fundamental values by treating all people who come to the United States with dignity and respect, and we always seek to embrace — not to to attack — immigrants.

----------------------------------------

No one is attacking legal immigrants. What the dems are doing is deliberately blurring the line between legal immigrants and illegal aliens.
No, it's not BS And for the record, a poll just came out that said 74% of Americans want the government to be reopened and have to continue discussions on the budget. That's what the Dems have been proposing all along. I hope Mitch McConnell is listening. I agree that both parties need to pass immigration reform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 04:55 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, it's not BS And for the record, a poll just came out that said 74% of Americans want the government to be reopened and have to continue discussions on the budget. That's what the Dems have been proposing all along. I hope Mitch McConnell is listening. I agree that both parties need to pass immigration reform.

don't think the turtle is able to see or hear where his head is right now . I HEAR IT HAS NO SUNSHINE THERE EITHER

Old 01-12-2019, 04:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Its cause walls stop their new "base" from breaking in.

Happy 22nd Shutdown Day to all.

Whether a wall or 20' fence, I am content with a far longer shutdown to get it done. 22 days..just a down payment.
When we have an economic collapse due to the shutdown will you still be laughing?

Old 01-12-2019, 05:01 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
When we have an economic collapse due to the shutdown will you still be laughing?
We won't. Its a partial shutdown, and the private, productive sector is humming along.

CR funding for a wall at an acceptable level will determine how long the shutdown continues.

22 and counting.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Dems are for border security. There are other ways to accomplish that besides an infeasible wall.

Unfortunately, those "other ways" are even less likely to happen than a wall. We haven't even had a serious discussion on them so shifting to them likely means putting everything off for another year, by which time we'll be in campaign season.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:32 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What does losing 60% of her coffee shop revenue have to do with a shutdown? No airports have been closed. Air travel isn't down much if at all. Businesses fail all the time but I guess they don't always have a convenient excuse.
Did you comprehend my post? I said she invested in property OUTSIDE a major airport where thousands of federal employees work. They and the contractors and sub-contractors make up most of her customers.
I never said TRAVELERS ate there, Einstein. Most travelers never leave the airport; they stay inside security and buy coffee or lunch.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Did you comprehend my post? I said she invested in property OUTSIDE a major airport where thousands of federal employees work. They and the contractors and sub-contractors make up most of her customers.
I never said TRAVELERS ate there, Einstein. Most travelers never leave the airport; they stay inside security and buy coffee or lunch.

I'd like to know what airport has thousands of federal employees (not traffic controllers or TSA because they are still working) that are not working. Are all the other businesses just outside that airport closing down, too?

Except for those connecting through, everyone with that destination as an origin or endpoint must pass along the same corridors.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's wall will not provide border security. It will provide no-bid contracts for those associated with his administration which is so corrupt that he is having a difficult time filling key positions with anything but industry lobbyists.

As for Trump having nothing to lose, don't be silly. He has a lot to lose. That's what this whole wall drama is about. He's desperate to hang on to his ignorant base so Republicans don't abandon him to his fate.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:03 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the 2000 mile solid wall that Trump wants across the entire border. Yes, that's infeasible.
Sigh...for the umpteenth time --- Trump does NOT want a 2000 mile long wall. The wall will be on 700 miles. There are areas on the border that are impossible to navigate so no wall needed there.

Stop lying.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
link?
Trump said during the cabinet meeting, “No, not $2.5 billion, no—we’re asking for $5.6.” Democrats have offered $1.3 and $1.6 billion at various times for improving border security, but prohibiting any be spent on Trump’s wall.
Trump Rejects Shutdown Compromise Proposed by VP Pence | Fortune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies