Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 04:22 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,974,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about you just show us the full report for trump's projected wall including design, feasibility, cost/benefit analysis, cost of material and labor, where exactly the wall will be built, and projected cost of maintenance.

We will wait.

How about you show us where it's not been done?

We will wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 04:27 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,974,472 times
Quote:
The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

Amazing the left cannot agree with this?

But hey....screw those on the border who are actually on the border...

Old 01-17-2019, 04:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How about you show us where it's not been done?

We will wait.
You don't know, do you? That is because no one knows because no studies or projections have been done containing information about design, feasibility, cost/benefit analysis, cost of material and labor, where exactly the wall will be built, and projected cost of maintenance.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,495,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1995: Gingrich shuts down the govt over budgeting

2013: Cruz shuts down the govt over the ACA

2018: tRump shuts down the govt because Limbaugh told him to

tRump knows what he's talking about here.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:07 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,788,605 times
You know it seems like Trump is intentionally trying to destroy US economy and using the wall as an excuse.

News story today says contractors loosing $200 million per day.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 PM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
You know it seems like Trump is intentionally trying to destroy US economy and using the wall as an excuse.

It sure looks that way.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:34 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,427,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

Yup. The guy had two years to pass a bill with no opposition.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:36 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,398,518 times
Individual 1 is trying to create a smaller government as well as destroy the economy. But should we be surprised? No. Why? He destroys everything he touches. He sends businesses into bankruptcy. He is under multiple investigations and lawsuits. He is trying to do the same to the country as his businesses, charities and universities. Run them in the ground.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:59 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,934,350 times
I'm a federal worker, and I missed my last paycheck, and by the looks of it I will miss my next one. Sure, I'll get back pay when the government reopens, but no one knows when that is. I'm one financial burden away from catastrophe. I'm living off of my savings. How is this shutdown fair to me, or the other 800,000 people in my position? Many of them who may be in worse situations. I cannot believe I have co-workers taking out loans to pay for daycare so that they can continue to go to work and not know when they will get paid again. This is a disaster, people are going under water trying to survive.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,735,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I'm a federal worker, and I missed my last paycheck, and by the looks of it I will miss my next one. Sure, I'll get back pay when the government reopens, but no one knows when that is. I'm one financial burden away from catastrophe. I'm living off of my savings. How is this shutdown fair to me, or the other 800,000 people in my position? Many of them who may be in worse situations. I cannot believe I have co-workers taking out loans to pay for daycare so that they can continue to go to work and not know when they will get paid again. This is a disaster, people are going under water trying to survive.
I feel for you man/woman. I don't know how anyone can support this shutdown. It isn't right. It's unamerican. Y'all should March on the Whitehouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies