Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 12:28 PM

12,935 posts, read 9,547,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
It's fun to watch you guys gloat...because when all is said and done you will be eating crow...as usual...Trump plays 4D chess and you guys get all giddy when you take a pawn only to find you placed yourself in check!

Queue Trump can't even spell chess comments in 3...2...
Didn't you guys did some big time gloating, when Trump denied Pelosi a military aircraft for her trip at the last minute. That made you guys day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,682,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Lol, yeah look how destroyed it’s been the past two years. Get a grip people, he is fighting for something he campaigned on, I know that’s rare in politics but that is what’s happening. Democrats won’t budge so here we are in gridlock, get comfortable because it may last a lot longer
Just because he campaigned on it doesn't make it right or a popular idea.

51,584 posts, read 25,511,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump also doesn't care about our country. It is almost as if he is hell bent on destroying it.
It does seem that way, doesn't it?

He's stepping on the longest run of economic and job growth in our history. Running up the deficit. Legal system is coming to a standstill. ...

18,986 posts, read 8,994,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This crap again? I posted Trump's plan to make Mexico pay for it. Did you miss it? In the meantime funding is needed to get it started. Were you as concerned back in 2006 then the actual wall bill was passed and it was to soley be funded by the taxpayer? Thought not! Hypocricy rules with you and yours.
Squawk, squawk! Polly wanna cracker?

Old 01-24-2019, 12:32 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,682,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And still beat the most qualified dem to run for president....
What's that say about the people that voted for her?
You know he didn't win the majority, right?

Old 01-24-2019, 12:36 PM

62,389 posts, read 28,666,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Folks, step outside your bubble for once. Every single poll shows the vast majority of Americans DO NOT support this wall. Pelosi is the only one with b____s enough to stand up to the tantrum throwing child in the White House. I commend her daily.

And the vast majority who oppose the wall are lefty liberals who haven't bothered to educate themselves on the effectiveness of the good walls. Many hire illegal aliens for profit, are bleeding heart liberals without a brain in their heads or have ethnic ties to illegal aliens so of course they don't want a wall to stop the flow of illegal aliens into our country. The Democrat congress critters are pandering to ethnocentric Hispanics who want the flow of their illegal amigos to keep coming in exchange for their votes and they also want to make future Democrats out of these illegal aliens. Their anti-American opinions mean nothing! Pelosi and Schumer are the ones throwing childish temper tantrums by not negotiating in good faith with Trump and putting illegal aliens above the safety and security of our own citizens.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,693,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure what the $24 million figure is talking about, its estimated the drug cartels alone rake in around $300 million a year from the US.
Billions, and please don't hold me accountable for whaterver the Trump campaign dreams up. The pertinet point being, Trump campaigned on making Mexico pay a lump sum for the wall. Don't show up afterwards and pretend that it was always supposed to be a sort of investment with a projected break-even point in the future.

Lump sum from Mexico. That was the campaign. In writing.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,617,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No, not exactly. It matters a lot.
Yup. Congress should not be bulldozed by a president.

And when I say that, I mean ANY president, including the ones I support.

It's not meant to work that way.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,726,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Your hatred is showing and clouding your judgement sir. Trump made a wise concession, choosing to wait and deliver his address until the government is up and running again. And let's face it, if he stood his ground and went ahead with the address at another location, which he could absolutely do, you'd be calling him names and talking about what an idiot he is. But, since he actually did concede to wait to deliver the address, you now get to basically portray him as weak and say things like he "bowed" to Pelosi. So, as usual, there is no right way for the president in the eyes of those who blindly oppose him. He will be painted in the worst light by them no matter what he chooses to do.

And referring to the part of your post I placed in bold, you are absolutely right. Trump cannot make her invite him to speak in the house. However, building on that, Mrs. Pelosi also cannot stop the president from delivering his address if he desires to do so. He could have simply chosen another venue from which to deliver his address. He did not do this because of Pelosi. He did this because he wants to deliver his address when the government is up and running again. Your spin is just that, spin. Rooted in nothing more than your personal disdain for the president.
I believe you are the one spinning. If he wanted to deliver his address when the government is up and running again, then why did he write a letter yesterday to Pelosi stating his intent to give the address on the original date, from the original venue? He did this BECAUSE of Pelosi's refusal.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:46 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Any way you look at it, he's covering Trump's ass. A clean bill would most likely pass the Senate, and McConnell knows it, since it already has. Doing so would put the ball right in Trump's lap. But he doesn't want to show up a Republican president by proving that the majority, even within his own party, are against him on this.

That's what McConnell is protecting the president from. And yes, I absolutely blame him for putting politics before country.
McConnell has zero care for or allegiance to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies