Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 11:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Where is your cave -- you seem to be missing a lot of news.
The Senate voted today on Nancy's bill, they also voted on Trumps offer.
Both failed.
Yes, they did both fail.

But guess what - the D plan got more votes in the Republican-controlled Senate than the R plan did! Now that's gotta hurt. "But the results undercut the president by revealing that his proposal drew less support in the Republican-controlled Senate than did the Democrats’ plan, which attracted a half-dozen Republicans willing to break with Mr. Trump. " https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/u...-shutdown.html

There will be a deal, but it won't be the deal that Trump wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:10 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
People are totally blaming him for the shutdown as he well deserves. The liar attempted to pawn it off on Pelosi but the majority of Americans are not buying it and Trump's hostage taking tantrum is causing folks to suffer. His ratings are in the crapper. Tell us again how Mexico will pay for the wall birther boy.
Didn't Donnie say he would take responsibility for the shutdown a little over a month ago?
At 1:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5as4eQCFi8#t=117s

Old 01-25-2019, 02:53 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'll wait for you to give intelligent, informed answers - ...

Ken
While we are waiting for BeerGeek, here's someone who is intelligent, and informed.

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/sta...77139685933056

Old 01-25-2019, 03:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'll wait for you to give intelligent, informed answers - if you CAN.

Ken
I don't have the numbers and neither do you. That's the Trump administration's job to get the numbers and see how much revenue could be taken in by these items. But it's a moot point anyway -- it doesn't look like the wall is going to get built.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't have the numbers and neither do you. That's the Trump administration's job to get the numbers and see how much revenue could be taken in by these items. But it's a moot point anyway -- it doesn't look like the wall is going to get built.
This is it?

Old 01-25-2019, 04:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is it?
What do you mean, this is it? I don't know how many phone calls are made from Mexico to the U.S. or U.S. to Mexico. Without having that number, we have no way to know how much revenue would be taken in with a..... let's say $3 tax per phone call. And the same goes for the rest of the items. That's Trump's peoples job to figure out. But there are ways to get the money from Mexico if we have the will to do so.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:40 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because Trump's own people said they don't need it. Drugs are caught at ports of entry, NOT border crossing; people crossing our border isn't how immigrants are becoming illegal, it is visa overstays: and terrorists have nearly been exclusively caught at airport customs, not border crossing or even ports of entry. These are facts you have repeatedly been told in response by myself ANF others yet you don't give a **** and continue to peddle your bullcrap. Cut the crap OldGlory.

" people crossing our border isn't how immigrants are becoming illegal, it is visa overstays:"

It is BOTH.

" In FY18, a total of 396,579 individuals were apprehended between ports of entry (meaning NOT at manned ports if entry) on our Southwest Border.

That is how many GOT CAUGHT. We have no idea how many made it WITHOUT getting caught.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Brain freeze peloosey has to tell her audience to clap for her...pathetic!
What's pathetic is your post. Sack up and admit you helped elect an immoral con-man president. Accept accountability for your mistake and help the rest of us clean up the mess.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What do you mean, this is it? I don't know how many phone calls are made from Mexico to the U.S. or U.S. to Mexico. Without having that number, we have no way to know how much revenue would be taken in with a..... let's say $3 tax per phone call. And the same goes for the rest of the items. That's Trump's peoples job to figure out. But there are ways to get the money from Mexico if we have the will to do so.
If you have no way of knowing how much revenue is involved, then to say it can pay for the wall is just nonsense.

If there are ways to get money from Mexico, list them and the amount each will bring in.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:55 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
What's pathetic is your post. Sack up and admit you helped elect an immoral con-man president. Accept accountability for your mistake and help the rest of us clean up the mess.
You got me there! I did...I'm guilty as charged because in 2008 and 2012 I didn't vote and that allowed Obammy to double whammy the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies