Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:29 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
DOD is funded. But thanks for playing.
The Coast Guard isn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No it’s not. 5 billion is a start
Yes it is, then trump can grab whatever money from the general fund and keep going.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:30 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is showing us how childish he really is. How does it feel Trumpsters to have a big baby running things in Washington? Scary or what?
It's childish to want a secure border? The childish ones are Democrats like Pelosi and Schumer that won't give the American people that even though they signed the wall bill themselves back in 2006.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
The Coast Guard isn’t.
Can be seconded to DOD. Thanks for playing.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I doubt anyone is feeling anything negative and life goes on exactly as it did two weeks ago.
Translated -- "I'm just making ish up and have no basis for my biased opinion."

There are news stories popping up about how the shutdown is adversely effecting folks. I'm sure you won't care and may even claim "fake news."

Old 01-04-2019, 09:33 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
First, the government isn't "SHUT DOWN". Pelosi and Schumer are getting their checks!

I doubt anyone is feeling anything negative and life goes on exactly as it did two weeks ago.

The only people hurt are non-essential employees, which in all honestly shouldn't have a job if they are not essential. Also some federal law enforcement agents in several agencies will not get a check. The irony here is that they're fine with not getting paid if it means getting border security done.

Did anyone see the presser yesterday with all the agency managers and law enforcement chairs standing with Trump?

Both parties are responsible for the last 30 years of getting paid for doing nothing.

The real damage to this country is not doing a damn thing!

The Dems are keeping the government partially shuttered the government over $5B while claiming it is costing taxpayers billions.

Dumb and Dumber.

They promised Trump would get at least partial funding back in Jan 2018, then after he signed the massive budget where everyone got everything, they turned around and broke their promise. Go figure.

I blame them for this.
You really need to more informed. Do you consider the secret service being nonessential. Show me a link where people are fine not getting a paycheck because they would rather have the wall. I don’t believe that at all. And Trump promised Mexico would pay. What happened to his promise. Trump owns this shutdown. He even said it himself

Old 01-04-2019, 09:33 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And when will Trump admit he's not concerned about Americans and couldn't care less about the border and that he just wants a wall with his name on it?

When will you stop making things up?

Old 01-04-2019, 09:34 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Funding the wall is cheaper then. How does that truth grab you?
Don't care. Point was shutting to gov't costs BIGLY.

Personally I'd rather see technological advances to thwart illegal border crossings. I've read enough news articles about coyotes tunneling under walls and fences to make me a firm skeptic of a wall.

How's that grab you?

Old 01-04-2019, 09:36 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,604 times
Quote:
Can be seconded to DOD. Thanks for playing.
You can’t even play your own game. I see you have no knowledge of how the Fed works. The CG is not under DOD. Boarder Patrol also isn’t funded. But I know, you don’t care. The typical American. If it doesnt affect me then I don’t care.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
DOD is funded. But thanks for playing.
“”House and Congress can’t reach an agreement on the outstanding appropriations issues by the Dec. 7 deadline, those budgets will continue unaffected for the rest of the fiscal year.

But even though troops’ paychecks and veterans services won’t be affected, another partial government shutdown could have secondary impacts on those groups.”

You right for the moment - So far the troops get a check - although there are limited resources for other things. Coasties are out of luck if it continues. The car is running on fumes - with much uncertainty. But be happy - you think this makes sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies