Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 03:26 PM

850 posts, read 791,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
All people on here are brave idiots behind a computer screen.
Im waiting for the tweet storm from the twitter in Chief.

Last edited by oping00; 01-25-2019 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,834 posts, read 7,353,122 times
Quote:
he did not cave to anybody
No he definitely caved. His previous position was no government reopening until wall funding was delivered.

But he was correct to cave. His self inflicted wound on federal workers as a political bargaining chip was shameful.

His approval rating disparity has hit negative 15 in the RCP average as well.

4,865 posts, read 4,135,206 times
I wish I could get this kind of spin from my washing machine.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,448,569 times
Quote:
It's great! President Trump looks very professional and kind in this situation, he did not cave to anybody. He was thinking of others (Federal Employees and troubles mounting). Fed here, worked for 35 days without pay. Still support President Trump to the end! Glad the shutdown is over. 3 weeks if those against law & order and our Sovereign Nation don't compromise then President Trump will sign the National Emergency for the Border Crisis.
That is very likely where this is heading. If Pelosi and the Democrats refuse to compromise on the wall and then Trump signs the emergency declaration for the border - which has $7 Billion for funding the wall in it - then all this crowing by the leftist media about Trump caving and Pelosi and the Dems winning will be yet another example of 'fake news' being promted by the mass media.

Everyone here does realize that, right?

Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,693,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is very likly where this is headin. If Pelosi and the Democrats refuse to compromise on the wall and then Trump signs the emergency declaration for the border - which has $7 Billion for funding the wall in it - then all this crowing by the leftist media about Trump caving and Pelosi and the Dems winning will be yet another example of 'fake news' being promted by the mass media.

Care to place a sporting wager?

Old 01-25-2019, 03:30 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,353,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is very likely where this is heading. If Pelosi and the Democrats refuse to compromise on the wall and then Trump signs the emergency declaration for the border - which has $7 Billion for funding the wall in it - then all this crowing by the leftist media about Trump caving and Pelosi and the Dems winning will be yet another example of 'fake news' being promted by the mass media.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that declaring an executive emergency will result in $7 billion being applied to wall construction. That is not correct.

20,609 posts, read 8,379,408 times
Hannity said many Dems were working behind the scenes begging to be given a chance to fix this Pelosi mess which is why govt reopened. So they had better put up or shut up. Repubs tried to get three different bills passed to get employees emergency pay but only six Dems voted for it. I'm assuming these six are the ones defecting from Pelosi. So the Dems will look really bad this time if they don't get something productive done.

We will get our border barrier. It's just a matter of when. I don't know why so many Loony Leftists are afraid of a high fence.

If Hannity isn't worried, I'm not worried. Let's face it, he has inside information that none of the presstitutes have.

46,757 posts, read 25,693,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
He shouldn't have said that, and you know it.
But he did. He's very bad at this.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:31 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,042,263 times
Pelosi OWNING Trump LMAOOOOO

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/sta...72307274235904

Old 01-25-2019, 03:32 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,002,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Hannity said many Dems were working behind the scenes begging to be given a chance to fix this Pelosi mess which is why govt reopened. So they had better put up or shut up. Repubs tried to get three different bills passed to get employees emergency pay but only six Dems voted for it. I'm assuming these six are the ones defecting from Pelosi. So the Dems will look really bad this time if they don't get something productive done.

We will get our border barrier. It's just a matter of when. I don't know why so many Loony Leftists are afraid of a high fence.

If Hannity isn't worried, I'm not worried. Let's face it, he has inside information that none of the presstitutes have.
Yes I trust that reliable information so much there! Trump is a MEGA WINNER HUUGGEEEE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies