Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:23 PM

447 posts, read 208,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It's great! President Trump looks very professional and kind in this situation, he did not cave to anybody. He was thinking of others (Federal Employees and troubles mounting). Fed here, worked for 35 days without pay. Still support President Trump to the end! Glad the shutdown is over. 3 weeks if those against law & order and our Sovereign Nation don't compromise then President Trump will sign the National Emergency for the Border Crisis.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/7c981f34...42jgo2_540.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 04:24 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
It's not a game, Game isn't over and the daft lady will sing.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:24 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Art of the fail.

T folded like a taco. No so great and magnificent at making deals, is he? Same ol, same ol. Trump was a terrible negotiator in business, and he's a terrible negotiator in politics.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:25 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
His ratings won't be negatively affected since no one will go without pay.
Delusional, try paying your rent two months late and see if no one gets upset because they "got paid".

Old 01-25-2019, 04:25 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't know what has occurred but I'm guessing they already agreed on some funding. The three week reprieve gives Pelosi some political clout, Trump gets his speech and in three weeks they come to an agreement on some funding they have already agreed upon.

Everyone gets to claim victory.
No, no they don't.

Trump was soundly beaten. He repeatedly claimed he would not cave and that is exactly what he did.

Dems did not move an inch. Nancy said "open gov and we will talk" she never moved an inch.

Everything else is made up poop by those struggling to find a way to cleanse Trump's very public failure.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
"Trump has 3 weeks to try and correct this mess or his next book after one term in office will be ” How San Fran Nan Called My Bluff ” or “The Art Of The Collapse”"

Old 01-25-2019, 04:28 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
No one won in any of this, especially the American people. If Congress would have just done their damn jobs and passed an actual budget, these CR fights wouldn't even happen.

We have an unsustainable national debt and allowing thousands to millions of illegals to enter our country needs to stop if for no other reason than the cost. Would a wall solve the problem? Not on it's own. But it would help. Couple it with technology and we've got a chance at stopping illegal entry. Mandatory everify and severe penalties for hiring illegals would go a long way as well. But, we also need some serious protections for our social security numbers. These few things would do a lot. Doing nothing just keeps the problem going.

No one won.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
No, no they don't.

Trump was soundly beaten. He repeatedly claimed he would not cave and that is exactly what he did.

Dems did not move an inch. Nancy said "open gov and we will talk" she never moved an inch.

Everything else is made up poop by those struggling to find a way to cleanse Trump's very public failure.
I can see why some folks are attracted to Trump as he is their lying kindred spirit. Any one of them could have filled in for Sarah Suckabee Sanders. It is downright repulsive that they outright lie to your face (figuratively) with no compunction or embarrassment.

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So we wait for three weeks, big whoop.

During which time Trump gives his SOTU in the House chamber, right on schedule. Then when the Democrats refuse to compromise with him on the wall, at least he tried. And then the emergency declaration is implemented, which includes $7 billion for border wall funding.
I think the SOTU will be after the 3 weeks are up.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, I agree. And add to that the little airport delays that started this morning and were only going to get worse.

Trump had no choice but to re-open the government; it never should have been closed to begin with.

They can still make a deal. I'll bet Democrats would give wall money in exchange for permanent status for the Dreamers.

Which would be the smart, expedient, and financially sound thing to do. Trump probably would do it - if not for Stephen Miller, Ann Coulter and Rush. They will ruin his presidency if he lets them.
I agree.

I was listening to my favorite Radio Commentator, Jeff Ward, on KLBJ and he said something brilliant.

This was Trump's out. He should have taken this gift, and come out to say "it's time to put politics aside and deal with the wall issues in the near future. I will not stand by and allow our airports to shut down, or our planes to fly unsafely due to shortage of air traffic controllers. For the safety of the citizens, I'm opening the country temporarily and get our airports up to par. The democrats didn't blink on this, well, I'm going to, to keep our citizens safe".

That would have been perfect. As it was, Trump mentioned not one word about the airports, he was there blathering on again about illegals and the gangs, and MS 13, and that hasn't played with 70% of the public and it's not playing now either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies