Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Black people were not brought over to "white lands". This was NATIVE AMERICAN land. You invited yourselves to other races land.....that is the problem.
All people were originally from the same Continent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 10:21 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Black people were not brought over to "white lands". This was NATIVE AMERICAN land. You invited yourselves to other races land.....that is the problem.
Every country's and/or state's boundaries in the history of the world were created and maintained by violence and force. You're ignorant to think otherwise.

This nation was conquered and created for the people and their descendants who conquered and created it.

Exactly like every other nation state on the planet for thousands of years.

No different. The same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGQCCFqvO1E

Old 01-06-2019, 10:25 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
What percentage of blackness do I need to get some of this government money?
Anyone can identify as being black. I will be claiming it if they start paying money.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:25 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
NO.

Brown and Black people do not belong in white countries to begin with.

They have their own lands and that's where they belong.

White's ancestors were stupid. They never envisioned a society like this. They thought bringing over a few saves who would always be slaves or a few Asians to help build railroads was good for business.

This freak show was never envisioned.

But you know who did envision it?

The Jew. And their control of the monetary system made it happen.
I'll admit I certainly didn't expect to a see a post like this today.

Last edited by Valhallian; 01-06-2019 at 10:44 AM..

Old 01-06-2019, 11:15 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'll admit I certainly didn't expect to a see a post like this today.
You live in 2019.

So there's about a 90-99% chance you have no idea of truth or facts, and can not critically reason or think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfbgbWZntOE

Old 01-06-2019, 11:19 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
NO.

Brown and Black people do not belong in white countries to begin with.

They have their own lands and that's where they belong.

White's ancestors were stupid. They never envisioned a society like this. They thought bringing over a few saves who would always be slaves or a few Asians to help build railroads was good for business.

This freak show was never envisioned.

But you know who did envision it?

The Jew. And their control of the monetary system made it happen.
Boy, can't wait to see the reactions to this very discriminatory post.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:24 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Boy, can't wait to see the reactions to this very discriminatory post.

Congresswomen Lee should use that post as a reason why blacks need reparations in 2019

Old 01-06-2019, 03:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
How would reparations work?
I'm all for it.

I mean there can't be that many former slaves still alive in the US.

Actually, I would support it, but only under all of the following conditions:

1] Must be a natural born US Citizen, excluding Puerto Rico and US Territories; and
2] Must be born before January 1, 1990; and
3] Must be age 30 or older to file a claim; and
4] Must have an high school diploma; and
5] Cannot have any convictions for any felony or misdemeanor crime; and
6] Must submit verifiable documentation that an ancestor was a slave on or after April 12, 1861
7] Must submit DNA testing showing a minimum of 75% African ancestry.

I'm not paying reparations to the real African Americans, or Haitians, or Jamaicans or Puerto Ricans, or to any Free Blacks living in the North or Free Blacks living in the South, and yes, there were entire communities of Free Blacks living in the South at the start of the Civil War with their own Black mayors and Black city council members, or Black plantation owners who owned Black slaves, nor to any Black who was a slave to one of the Five Civilized Tribes (Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek or Seminole).

Blacks who were slaves to one of the Five Civilized Tribes will have to seek reparations from the Cherokee Nation, Chickasaw Nation, Choctaw Nation, Creek Nation or Seminole Nation independently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Also, I think Indian Tribes need to pay reparations to other Indian tribes they murdered and enslaved for thousands of years until Europeans came along, and put a stop to their savage, and barbaric lifestyle.
The Muslim States and African States need to contribute monies also.

It begs the question, would you be better off as a slave in Africa, or as a slave in the US?

For Blacks, their ancestor was a slave. Period.

Whether their ancestor was a slave to the Yao or one of the many dozens of other African tribal groups that practiced slavery long before the Muslim Arabs showed up in the 800s or whether they were a slave to a White man on a plantation or shop -- and yes, some Black slaves were bookkeepers, accountants, clerks and merchants who wore suits and ties to work and you'd never know they were a slave if you passed them on the street all dressed up in their suits and ties, even though they actually were slaves -- at the end of the day, their ancestor was destined to be a slave.

Call it "God's Plan" or Karma or fate, or bad luck -- maybe they didn't run fast enough or weren't a good warrior in battle -- but the simple fact remains that their ancestor was destined to be a slave.

Would that person even be alive today, if their ancestor had remained as a slave in Africa, instead of being traded or sold and transported to the US?

The chances are slim to none.

And even if their ancestor and his/her descendants had survived, would that person be better off living in Africa today, or the US?

I spent a month in Burkina Faso. I don't think most Blacks (or Whites) could deal with it.

Grass and wood hut. No running water. No electricity. No toilets. A 2 hour round trip to the river and back carrying heavy containers filled with water. Tending a herd of goats. Tending your tarot crop fields, and all by hand. You clear the fields by hand, you hoe the rows by hand, you plant by hand, you weed the fields by hand, your harvest by hand.

No money.

Everything you have you made yourself, or your spouse or children made it, or someone else made it and you traded a bushel or two of your tarot or some goats for it.

Or they could be somewhere else. Somewhere where the question of the day is "Do you prefer long-sleeve shirts or short-sleeve shirts?"

If you answer "long-sleeve shirts" they cut off both your hands with a machete, and if you answer "short-sleeve shirts" they cut off your arm at the elbow with a machete.

I don't think most people would find either appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Slavery is a product of Islam. The Moors.
Slavery was extant in Mesopotamia 7,000 years ago. Native Americans in the Americas practiced slavery for more than 2,000 years before coming into contact with Europeans.

Australasians, Polynesians, Micronesians and Melanesians practiced slavery, and note they had no contact with any Asian, African or European groups until the 1600s and no contact with foreign cultures until the 1800s.

Slavery was widely practiced in Africa and to some extent in Asia.

Oddly, the ethnic tribal groups that arose between the Caucus Mountains and Lake Baikal, which would be the Goths, various Germanic tribes, Turks, Huns, Avars, Tartars, Magyars, the three Slavic tribes, the Slavs, the Antes and the Venedi, and others did not practice slavery until they came into contact with the Roman Empire. The Turks did not until they came into contact with Muslim Arabs.

The Muslim Arabs began the slave trade in the 800s.

For whatever bizarre reason, the Muslim Arabs took Africans to India, Malaysia and Indonesia, and then brought Indians, Malaysians and Indonesians back to the west coast of Africa, usually to what is now South Africa.

If you study Apartheid, it wasn't Blacks and Whites, rather it was Blacks, Whites and Coloreds. The Coloreds were the people from India, Malaysia and Indonesia.

The slave trade was introduced in the 1400s to Western Europeans (but not Central or Eastern Europeans) via the Muslim Arabs, and specifically the Moors.

Why Western Europe? Because the Brits, Dutch, French, Portuguese and Spanish had large global navies.

Why not Italy? Italy doesn't exist. You have the Papal States, which practiced slavery, but those slaves were Slavs acquired by the pope's armies and navies, and then Italian city-States which operated independently and had no need for them.

Same for Central Europe. There is no Germany. There are only principalities, duchies and city-States and they didn't have navies.

Eastern Europe is Orthodox Christian, and they were totally repulsed by Islam and wanted nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You know why black people go back to slavery when talking about their families or past American history? It's because that is where everything leads back to, you cannot get away from it.
My family were slaves on a papal estate for more than 600 years.

How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All people were originally from the same Continent.
Not any more.

If you've been keeping score, and I do, the Multiple Region Theory gains more evidence every day, weakening the Out-of-Africa Theory.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:58 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
That should have happened long ago but did not. It will not happen now. The U.S. will continue to reap the evil it has sown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why does the black community need reparations (still)?

They got affirmative action, in MA their children had access to the METCO school program, they have access to welfare system, Section 8 and SNAP programs. They also got Obama as a president for eight years.

And money doesn't fix anyone's problems. Just look at what happens when someone poor wins a lottery. They **** all their winnings away and end up poorer than before... because they've blown through all of their cash plus taken on debt obligations from buying cars and real estate.

And if reparations are intended to fix the broken parts of the black community, then what needs to be looked at is their messed up macho ghetto rap thuggie culture and work to get rid of that.

Otherwise, what should be studied and documented is having records of all slaves, their work history, and then their descendants. Reparations should not be some set amount for every black slave descendant. Instead, figure out what they should have been paid for their work back then, then take that amount and factor in inflation and divide it out by their descendants. Just like any inheritance, the amount inherited would get smaller and smaller as the number of descendants increased. So hundreds of years later, today's slave descendants would be lucky to receive a $100 from a slave's estate. And btw an unskilled farm labourer doesn't get paid very much, just ask the migrant farm workers that come in from Mexico.

And I imagine some of my black co-workers would be upset to not be part of the reparations package because their families came from Haiti and Jamaica.
This is one of the most uneducated comments I have read on the topic.

First, the black community does not need reparations. However, the families of Africans enslaved in the U.S. for generations should have been compensated for the unpaid work given to the nation. Everyone who is black does not qualify.

The welfare system is available to ALL and for years was basically only available to whites. Sorry that’s not reparations.

You seem obsessed with rap culture. Are you familiar with gospel, jazz, r&b, soul etc?

Lastly, leave Haitians, Jamaicans and other Caribbean people out of it. You don’t speak for us so know your place. This has nothing to with us and we are well aware that AAs are the ones deserving of compensation form the U.S., not us. We know where our heritage lies. Period.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:00 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ed-by-slavery/

How would reparations work? If you pay the present generation to atone for the sins of the past, what about upcoming generations? Will they get a piece of the action as well? Is this a forever thing?

I'm descended from Irish indentured servants...

And if truth be known there's probably one drop rule in there someplace from African-Americans too.

So, when do I get my cut?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies