Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why didn't congress fund it back in 2006 when the actual wall bill passed? It had Schumer and Obama's signature on it and it was to be soley funded by the taxpayer. How many times do I have to post the link of Trump's plan to make Mexico pay for it before you and yours keep parroting this same old line over and over in here? He never said that Mexico would write a check for it.

I guess you all failed in math also as a $25 billion wall is a lot cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us.
this number has been analyzed and there is no proof that is what they 'cost us'. This is some made up number to try and justify policy.

You can continue to stand by it and repeat it over and over -- but it does nothing to validate your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 08:15 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
I suspect this thread is not going the way OP intended.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:20 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Donald Trump was selected because of promises made with Vladimir Putin!

Old 01-06-2019, 11:22 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
I am waiting for Trump to drain the swamp, instead he has loaded it up with lobbyists and cfr globalists.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:23 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Trump has filled the swamp with so much corruption that he has to build a wall so it doesn't flow out of America.

He is the worst and most corrupt President ever

The video should be called This is why Trump will be impeached.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:02 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Remember why Trump got elected? Remember his promises
Yes, I do remember Trump's promises.

1) Repeal & Replace Obamacare - FAILURE. Obamacare is alive and well today . So much for "same day, maybe same hour"

2) Build a wall and Mexico pay for it - FAILURE. Two years into his presidency after having total control of congress, there's no wall. And it turns out Mexico isn't going to pay for it. The US gov't is currently shutdown as Trump is holding the American people hostage as he fights for US TAXPAYER funds to pay for the wall.

3) Investigate Hillary - LIE. He promised his supporters on the campaign trail that he would hire a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton. Thousands of his supporters would chant "lock her up" at his rallies. But LITERALLY 24 hours after he won the election, Trump released a statement that he would not be investigating Clinton, at all.

Donald Trump is 0 for 3 on his three biggest campaign promises.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yeah. I’m still waiting for him to keep his promise that Mexico will pay for the wall. Instead, he wants us to pay. So he shutdowns the government and uses these workers as a bargaining chip to get his way.

Me too!

I'm also waiting for the 'far better than the ACA' plan he promised time after time after time would be in place soon after he took office.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes, I do remember Trump's promises.

1) Repeal & Replace Obamacare - FAILURE. Obamacare is alive and well today . So much for "same day, maybe same hour"

2) Build a wall and Mexico pay for it - FAILURE. Two years into his presidency after having total control of congress, there's no wall. And it turns out Mexico isn't going to pay for it. The US gov't is currently shutdown as Trump is holding the American people hostage as he fights for US TAXPAYER funds to pay for the wall.

3) Investigate Hillary - LIE. He promised his supporters on the campaign trail that he would hire a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton. Thousands of his supporters would chant "lock her up" at his rallies. But LITERALLY 24 hours after he won the election, Trump released a statement that he would not be investigating Clinton, at all.

Donald Trump is 0 for 3 on his three biggest campaign promises.

He'd no doubt tell you he's the most consistent POTUS ever.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:12 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is a fun game.
I can't rep you again yet, but this make me spit tea halfway across the room. LOL

Quote:
Bad Orange Man
These posts are starting to sound like your orange hero - unable to communicate in complete sentences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
5. Drain the Swamp in DC lol that’s a good one he didn’t say he would replace it with sharks.
And with sharks who can't cut the rigors of running a country and they bail out after a few months.

So much winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There were a bunch of reasons.
One of them, sad to say, was misogyny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess you all failed in math also as a $25 billion wall is a lot cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us.
Where's the line item expenses on that? I'm dying to know ...

Old 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Bad Orange Man
And yet you people call your opponents NPCs. If we could build walls out of unintentional irony...

You elected an incompetent braggart and you have no fact-based response to criticism. "Bad Orange Man" isn't clever or succinct, it's a retreat from the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies