Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 07:31 PM

41,781 posts, read 74,806,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
She backpedaled and shifted the convo elsewhere
That is the one thing she's very good at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Wall-ace has always been a never Trumper and a strong supporter of the status quo political class.
Can't refute what Wallace said, so you veer off-topic. Typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I watched Mick Mulvaney interviewed by Jake Tapper this morning. Tapper put the wood to him. Was pinning him down on some of Trump's latest lies and all Mulvaney could do was sputter something about "semantic difficulties". That's even more absurd than "alternative facts".
OMG, that's priceless. And brainless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm a Democrat who wants to see immigration laws enforced so I'm a rarity
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So did any of you acknowledge that you were wrong about Sanders leaving by the end of the year?
Can't refute what Wallace said, so you veer off-topic. Typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I am so happy I gave up Chris Wallace for 2019 - ok, forever! arrogant
He is arrogant. But how does that make what he said in this clip incorrect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 07:42 PM

1,733 posts, read 942,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The government's data show there were a total of 50,308 people last month that were apprehended or deemed "inadmissible" at the Southwest border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. That was up 37 percent from March 2017, when there were 16,588 people stopped, and up 203 percent from February 2018's tally of 36,695 people.

DHS considers a person "inadmissible" when they appear at a port of entry without proper documentation for legal entry into the U.S. Those apprehended are individuals "caught trying to enter illegally between ports of entry." The government's data also tracks the number of family units attempting to cross at the Southwest border as well as what the agency calls UAC, or "unaccompanied alien children."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/cros...-year-ago.html

Attempts do not mean that they got in.

True. However, those are the ones that were apprehended. How many were not?

Old 01-06-2019, 07:50 PM

19,533 posts, read 22,414,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
True. However, those are the ones that were apprehended. How many were not?
So now you're changing your tune? Go to CPB's site and learn how many active manhunt apprehensions there are.

Oh- Me and my buddy hunt very close to the Canadian Border- out in the middle of NO WHERE, north of Loring Montana. We were stopped twice- once in my Blue Chevy truck about 1/2 mile south of the border on a BLM road, and the other when we were on 4-wheelers about 500 yards from the border.

Had no idea the sensors were there, and had NO IDEA how they found us on four wheelers as we were on gas / oil roads on private land.

Nice guys. Once they know who you are, and you're images/vehicles are captured on their database they leave you alone.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No they are not.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

They are mainly stopped at Ports of Entry and deemed 'inadmissible', which just for edification means you ain't coming in. The CPB categorizes these events as 'apprehensions', when in fact it's not a 'manhunt'.

Why are you making stuff up when you can look up the stats and facts so easily?

I'm not. They are currently being released into the U.S. by the hundreds every day. There is no way our system is set up to thoroughly vet every individual given that we are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers coming here.

Google El Paso and immigrants being released.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
So now you're changing your tune? Go to CPB's site and learn how many active manhunt apprehensions there are.

Oh- Me and my buddy hunt very close to the Canadian Border- out in the middle of NO WHERE, north of Loring Montana. We were stopped twice- once in my Blue Chevy truck about 1/2 mile south of the border on a BLM road, and the other when we were on 4-wheelers about 500 yards from the border.

Had no idea the sensors were there, and had NO IDEA how they found us on four wheelers as we were on gas / oil roads on private land.

Nice guys. Once they know who you are, and you're images/vehicles are captured on their database they leave you alone.

You're comparing the Canadian border with the Mexican border? How many attempt to cross the northern border every day? 1? 2? Geez.....

Old 01-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not. They are currently being released into the U.S. by the hundreds every day. There is no way our system is set up to thoroughly vet every individual given that we are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers coming here.

Google El Paso and immigrants being released.
You went from asserting 40-50k being released in the US and now ‘hundreds’. You do know some people are capable of actually, umm, crosssing the border?

Sooooo..... where’s the crisis again?

Old 01-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
You're comparing the Canadian border with the Mexican border? How many attempt to cross the northern border every day? 1? 2? Geez.....
Noooo... you’re not getting it huh? If CPB can find two white guys on little 4wheelers on private ground in the middle of no where- I’m talking maybe .5 people per 10 square miles on the US/CN border- I’d say they have pretty dang good technology in play.

Now imagine the southern border!!!! You think they invest $$$ down there? Oh I betcha!!

Last edited by Threerun; 01-06-2019 at 08:32 PM..

Old 01-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You went from asserting 40-50k being released in the US and now ‘hundreds’. You do know some people are capable of actually, umm, crosssing the border?

Sooooo..... where’s the crisis again?

Not true. I said 40-50,000 are apprehended each month. How many cross undetected?

Old 01-06-2019, 08:35 PM

56,948 posts, read 25,881,306 times
Quote:
The U.S. has been sending $$$ there for many years, but it never reaches the people.
They have been sending some but we need to do more in that area if we want to solve the immigration issue we need to insure people are safe in their home country.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Noooo... you’re not getting it huh? If CPB can find two white guys on little 4wheelers on private ground in the middle of no where- I’m talking maybe .5 people per 10 square miles on the US/CN border- I’d say they have pretty dang good technology in play.

Now imagine the southern border!!!! You think they invest $$$ down there? Oh I betcha!!

Again, how many are trying to cross from Canada into America?

I bet " two white guys on little 4wheelers on private ground in the middle of no where" is BP's excitement for the day, although I don't understand why you bring race into the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies