Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 04:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You cannot kill your way to winning hearts and minds in that fashion. Stalin tried it, Hitler tried it and so have many others. The US took a different route after WWII. We forgave our enemies and together created the biggest boom the world has ever seen.

Were you mad & upset when Hillary & Obama started 3 more "Wars of Choice", Syria, Libya & Yemen, and put 150,000 troops in Afghanistan in vain effort to do what you just said? Warfare longer than any other President in US History. I'm thinking not.

Trump ran against these Wars. And you guys can't even give him credit for that you are so deranged about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 04:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Good.

Should we not give credit same way was done with Obama admin and Bin Laden?

In the same way so many on the right did, saying Obama didn't do it, the SEALS did?

Old 01-06-2019, 04:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Were you mad & upset when Hillary & Obama started 3 more "Wars of Choice", Syria, Libya & Yemen, and put 150,000 troops in Afghanistan in vain effort to do what you just said? Warfare longer than any other President in US History. I'm thinking not.

Gee, just HOW does a SoS start wars?

Quote:
Trump ran against these Wars.[/b] And you guys can't even give him credit for that you are so deranged about him.

And? He also ran on Mexico paying for a wall, a 'far better than the ACA' plan being in place soon after he took office, as well as getting us out of Afghanistan.

Two years later, none have been accomplished.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:

Trump ran against these Wars. And you guys can't even give him credit for that you are so deranged about him.
"Trump ran"....where did he run?

Trump spews so much BS that he covers every side of every situation. To my recollection we weren't going to go to Syria....but then Trump did. Do I have that wrong?

Then, you cheered when he said he was leaving...the place we weren't going into! Wow, did he "run" on that too?

Trump has every base covered. He always is on every possible side of every issue...bottom line is that he hasn't cut the defense budget one dime and, in fact, has started up the worldwide arms race and heated rhetoric again (with Russia, China, etc.)...

I don't care what Trump "ran" on. He's a liar. Last week he was pulling out of Syria immediately. This week he isn't. What will he want next week?

If he was truly a Ralph Nader or Bernie Sanders foreign policy and "cut the military by 25%" type I'd rally behind that...if it was done right. But I don't buy BS just because someone spews it.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:33 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,772,027 times
I am not a "fan" of President Obama nor am I fan of President Trump. I AM a fan of history and have to say what President Obama ordered as commander in chief when Bin Laden was killed was a huge risk when compared to the recent killing of the Cole bombing suspect.

President Obama ordered a unilateral assault into a country that is nuclear armed and supposedly an "ally" in order to kill Bin Laden. He was ready to engage Pakistan's air defence forces in order to complete the job. It could have turned into a disaster and President Obama would have to had accepted full responsibility.

He could have bombed the compound. He could have sent a drone in. He knew we needed the body.

It doesn't seem as if killing the USS Cole bomber was as sensitive a mission.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:36 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"Trump ran"....where did he run?

Trump spews so much BS that he covers every side of every situation. To my recollection we weren't going to go to Syria....but then Trump did. Do I have that wrong?

Then, you cheered when he said he was leaving...the place we weren't going into! Wow, did he "run" on that too?

Trump has every base covered. He always is on every possible side of every issue...bottom line is that he hasn't cut the defense budget one dime and, in fact, has started up the worldwide arms race and heated rhetoric again (with Russia, China, etc.)...

I don't care what Trump "ran" on. He's a liar. Last week he was pulling out of Syria immediately. This week he isn't. What will he want next week?

If he was truly a Ralph Nader or Bernie Sanders foreign policy and "cut the military by 25%" type I'd rally behind that...if it was done right. But I don't buy BS just because someone spews it.

OK Let's Review:
  • You admit that it's impossible for you to give Trump credit for anything.
  • You admit that you will not listen to a word that Trump says.
  • You don't care that Obama is he only modern President to fit your Hitler & Stalin standard. It's still Trump's fault according to you.
  • You hold Trump to one standard, and a different one for the Democrats.
So nothing to see here. Thanks for responding to my post.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Good.

Should we not give credit same way was done with Obama admin and Bin Laden?
Of course we should!

Terrorists have always depended on the notion that if they simply persist, quietly if they must, the United States will eventually tire, and when tired of the fight, will forget about them.

Al-Queda still exists. The movement has gone to ground and has changed its name. And we have killed a lot of their senior leaders already, but there are just as many who still are living. The best way to fight them is to discourage their leadership from using armed force to promote their agenda. The only way that can happen are these strikes.

So, congratulations to all those who killed Al-Badawi. His hands were bloody, and he well deserved his death.

Here's a long list of their leaders. I hope we kill them all.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/al-qaeda-leaders

Old 01-06-2019, 10:39 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Of course we should!

Terrorists have always depended on the notion that if they simply persist, quietly if they must, the United States will eventually tire, and when tired of the fight, will forget about them.

Al-Queda still exists. The movement has gone to ground and has changed its name. And we have killed a lot of their senior leaders already, but there are just as many who still are living. The best way to fight them is to discourage their leadership from using armed force to promote their agenda. The only way that can happen are these strikes.

So, congratulations to all those who killed Al-Badawi. His hands were bloody, and he well deserved his death.

Here's a long list of their leaders. I hope we kill them all.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/al-qaeda-leaders
How many women,children, and innocent bystanders are you willing to kill?

Old 01-06-2019, 11:23 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Of course Obama had to roll out the red carpet and give a speech on his kill while Trump modestly just tweeted the news.
Trump may not have known anything about it, until he saw it on Fox News. If you were a military commander and were planning a secret raid, would you tell Trump about it? He'd probably blab about it on Twitter and blow the whole mission.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Interesting article here that suggests the guy killed wasn't actually the leader -- he was the guy in charge on the ground. The leader.....Abd al-Nashiri, is still alive in Guantanamo Bay.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/06/68265...ike-trump-says
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies