Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times

Advertisements

I am always tempted to become upset at the leftist lamestream media. But it's really our neighbors who deserve the ire.....if it were not for them and their rampant ignorance\apathy, the media wouldn't be what's it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 10:38 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Fox is left wing?
William Fox, the namesake of Fox News (height of his power was from 1914-1929), was a Republican but I think that form of Republican today would correspond more with Democratic. However, it seems between Trump and Hillary, he would have voted Republican . I bas the prev. sentence from info on the Wall of an FB lady friend who spent over 10 years researching and writing a biography about him.

An example of what I consider a good source of news: Anime News Network writes most of their articles in an unbiased manner and they link their sources. Now, series or product reviews, seasonal anime preview guides, interviews, and the podcast (ANNCast) are quite biased. Politically, they tend to lean liberal and even said something to the effect of "You can't use 'SJW' in the forums". To get around the censorship of that, a person might write something like "S_J_W".

Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Really? Maybe you're confusing political opinion/pundits with actual news. Not the same thing. At. All.
They report the news..then instead of just saying , "goodnight and have pleasant tomorrow", they fill hours and hours and hours..and hours of air time with opinion speculation and conjecture mixed with commercials.

Or, advise the president.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
It was brought out that President Trump needed to visit our Military in other countries...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ting-overseas/

So, he visited Troops over the Holidays...this...
https://people.com/politics/donald-t...-at-christmas/

and now this....ya just gotta

https://www.facebook.com/IJRRed/videos/496582554080937/

News at it's finest.....

Old 01-09-2019, 04:06 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Really? Maybe you're confusing political opinion/pundits with actual news. Not the same thing. At. All.
Do those "journalists" know that?

Old 01-09-2019, 04:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, this is all part of the "new normal". Since liberals make reality suck, they rely on continuous propaganda to convince you that everything is better than ever, and you and your way of thinking/living are the problem. Hopefully, the Marxists don't take things to the extreme like they did in the Soviet Union and start eliminating anyone with a brain or higher education. Marxists desire people who are stupid. They are easier to manipulate/control than people who know how to think outside their dictated parameters. Marxists are able to get more of their agenda accomplished with a nation full of useful idiots.
What are you talking about?

We are far closer to becoming the Republic of Gilead than we are the Soviet Union.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:00 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
An example of what I consider a good source of news: Anime News Network writes most of their articles in an unbiased manner and they link their sources. Now, series or product reviews, seasonal anime preview guides, interviews, and the podcast (ANNCast) are quite biased. Politically, they tend to lean liberal and even said something to the effect of "You can't use 'SJW' in the forums". To get around the censorship of that, a person might write something like "S_J_W".
I apologize for the very late reply but there's some recent developments about Anime News Network from what I read on this press release from the Japanese conglomerate Kadokawa.
https://group.kadokawa.co.jp/global/...2207941552625/

Quote:
KADOKAWA CORPORATION (Headquarter: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President and Member of the Board: Takeshi
Natsuno; hereinafter "KADOKAWA") announced today that the company has reached an agreement with Anime
News Network Inc. (Headquarters: Quebec Province, Canada, President: Christopher Macdonald, hereinafter
“ANN”) with respect to KADOKAWA’s majority acquisition of ANN’s media business.
ClownfishTV vlogged about this and there's a bit skeptical that still will be business as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtcVjD3qIes

Old 11-02-2022, 07:09 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times
OP, you might enjoy a book I'm reading right now called Broken News: Why the Media Rage Machine Divides America and How to Fight Back by Chris Stirewalt. Until 2021, Stirewalt worked for Fox News and now is the politics editor for NewsNation. His take on the state of news media today is both fascinating and informative.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:45 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times

Old 11-02-2022, 07:54 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What are you talking about?

We are far closer to becoming the Republic of Gilead than we are the Soviet Union.
Wait, what ? When did we start rounding up people, enslaving them or hanging them ? When did we start using women as birthing vessels ?

Maybe the OP is right about the news, because I haven't heard anything about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies