Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 04:01 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He not going to get his Ming Dynasty era wall. And if he declares a national emergency which is as bogus as his university, this issue will go through the courts and in the end he still will never get his ridiculous wall.

Yep. It ain't as cut and dry as him saying "I will declare a national emergency". He isn't Supreme Ruler just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 04:18 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I am a Democrat and I want to see enhanced border security, including enhanced fencing. But all Trump screams about is a "wall". Who knows what exactly that means? It has become pointless. I doubt that he even knows what he wants other than to appease Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity. As long as he gets some funding which includes money for something he can call a "wall" I think Trump will be happy. On the other side, the Dems don't want to give Trump those bragging rights. I am sure they would pay for a fence if Trump promised to not call it a "wall".

The whole thing is beyond stupid at this point. They both need to sit down and figure out how nobody loses face and get government reopened.
If you hop on over to the thread, "The guessing game", you can read just how easy it would, or could be to get the government open again.
I certainly believe what I posted there is a very real possibility.

Trump was a successful business man before becoming President, and business men like to make money.

Bob.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:25 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
It really doesn't matter. Those that hate Trump are still going to vote Democrat whether they give him the wall money or not, they aren't going to jump ship and vote Repub. Just as those who love Trump are still going to vote for him whether he gets the wall or not, they aren't going to jump ship and vote Dem.

Those of us in the middle are who he needs to worry about.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Gee, I don't know what I'll think if that's what he says. It's so hard to believe Trump would ever tell a lie the OP's question caught me off guard.

But I'm pretty sure the Democrats won't cave in until herds of unicorns come floating out of a sky filled with sparkles and begin farting rainbow Skittles down upon us all.

Now, I could be wrong, because someone has to take the lead and run our government, and Trump has quit all that for good. And, to tell the honest truth, I have never seen a unicorn, although lots of Trump followers swear they exist.

As Trump says, many people have told me that. Many people.

So I must go along with our dear leader's words.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:32 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If he is the best at the art of the deal and He gets his wall, it is because he kidnapped 800k people and at some point the sane ones know people are hurting and give in knowing people not paying bills, buying groceries or medicines. I feel sorry for those that think deliberately hurting the American people is a good thing - over party shyte.

You mean like Obama did with the ACA?

Old 01-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This liberal will do nothing. Unlike Trumpies I don't consider it the #1 issue facing our country.

Trump made it his #1 issue and the Left's hysterical opposition to it made it the #1 issue facing the country.

Just like all the free coverage he got during the campaign....the Left's unprecedented 24/7 freak out cycle over everything he says and does keeps the narrative in his court.

Apparently y'all are too busy having a collective meltdown to notice that he's using your own hysteria against you.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You mean how he didn't cave at NOT letting his country down? And how Chucklebuckets Schumer and Nancy Pelosi did cave at not giving a flip about the Country and doing something positive for it for the first time in their terms with Congress?

Because yeah, I would concur.

Y'all need a binky.
The majority of the country doesn't want a trillion dollar stupid wall.

There is no reason for Trump to shut down the government; he could have continued to push for his wall as part of comprehensive immigration reform.

BUT - he has been talking about a government shut down for weeks now. He wanted one. He had NO idea what it entailed. NOW he's holding the country hostage for an emergency that does not exist.

It's only an emergency because Rush said mean things about him. Otherwise, Trump was ready to sign the bill that was presented to him.

LASTLY - why should Pelosi give Trump something that Ryan could not?

Old 01-08-2019, 05:41 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
I wouldn't believe Trump if he said grass was green.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Trump made it his #1 issue and the Left's hysterical opposition to it made it the #1 issue facing the country.

Just like all the free coverage he got during the campaign....the Left's unprecedented 24/7 freak out cycle over everything he says and does keeps the narrative in his court.

Apparently y'all are too busy having a collective meltdown to notice that he's using your own hysteria against you.
IF this was Trump's number one issue - why didn't he treat it that way?

Seems to me his number one agenda, straight outta the gate, was tax cut for his rich cronies.

The person currently having a meltdown is Individual 1 - demanding airtime for his 'emergency'.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A lot of old coots want the wall because they are incapable of understanding how modern technology and market forces can alleviate the problem of illegal immigration more effectively and at a fraction of the cost. They have been sold a simple-sounding "solution" that makes them feel warm and fuzzy - much like a telephone huckster sells them can't miss fraudulent schemes to separate them from their pensions. Rather than consider alternatives, they are locked into the septuagenarian ways and simply dismiss everyone who disagrees with them as parrots while ironically peddling the same false data over and over again.

All that new technology requires people to back it up and constant funding year after year to remain in use.

A wall or other barriers won't be so easily reversed or defunded by future administrations.

Sometimes there's not a damn thing wrong with old technology.

You don't need a bank of CNC machines to drive a nail......a hammer works just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies