Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Dems are sworn enemies of the American people -- who knew? That's probably why the Dems:
  • were against the GOP plan to throw 30 million citizens off health insurance;
  • they are for raising the minimum wage;
  • they are against Individual-1's sabotage of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, that protects Americans from Wall Street crooks;
  • They opposed Ryan and McConnell's attempt to pay for the tax-cuts on the rich by slashing Medicare and Social Security;

You see, only "sworn enemies of working Americans" would stoop to helping working Americans, oh wait...
Makes me feel pretty good about being "the enemy!"

Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
I hope he plays the tapes of them being against illegals right before they go on tv and say they’re for them.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There is no "obligation to the country" to carry Trump's address. You claimed there was.
^^^This.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:14 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Makes me feel pretty good about being "the enemy!"
Trump is trying to address the issue of porous border but hey "go team!"

Old 01-08-2019, 09:15 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
naw..Trump is counting on the Dumocrats "rebuttal". It will just further go to show how out of touch they are with normal Americans and will of course focus 100% on obstruction and obfuscation.
Haha. Most people do not want the wall. Trump is fighting a losing battle. This is his last stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Favor?" You say that as if it's just some guy named Donald Trump asking to address the nation rather than the President of the United States. They're not doing it as a favor to anyone, they're doing it as an obligation to the country.
Like in 2014 when the networks did not carry President Obama's address to the nation on, of all things, immigration?

Old 01-08-2019, 09:18 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
The Dem's have a hard time with anything that will hold off their progressive
movement and have totally rewritten the liberal handbook including to deflect as usual.

Illegal Aliens, made a choice to break OUR laws !

At the end of the day they are just illegal aliens who have no respect
for America or OUR laws...Actions speak louder then words.

It's time for All Americans to remind elected people the OATH they took
and be held accountable

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:18 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Pelosi and Schumer are the reason why Congress always has an excruciatingly low approval rating.
Imagine if Pelosi or Schumer ran for President.....its a joke to even suggest it!
So why do they deserve airtime?
Airtime is something only the President can ask for.
Apparently you are mistaken with your last statement.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
He's speaking himself. Why be obtuse about this?
Because these are fake shallow people here. The only thing they are good at is being obtuse....and hypocrites.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:25 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, there is no law requiring the networks to broadcast the words of any elected official. Have I missed something? He asked them to do it, and they are complying, so yes, I believe the word "favor" is apt. He can't compel them...at least not yet.
I know, right? Last time i checked this is not Soviet Russia and we don't have a state owned media. its disturbing on so many levels that we are about to possibly hear a US president demanding extraordinary powers to declare martial law over a political dispute and the national media is assisting in it. It brings back memories of his doomsday speeches that he loved so much..... the ones where he would say "I alone can fix this".

This is a contrived "emergency" and the national news media is going to b e complicit in furthering it. I would encourage the 70% of the population who don't agree with this nonsense to stand up and boycott all media outlets and corporate sponsors until the can put aside their thirst for ratings at the expense of principle. Do you ****ing job media.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:26 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Fact checking takes time. To enable a proper response to someone like Trump one needs to be able to spot the falsehoods in real time.
Unfortunately this needs to be repeated time and time again in regards to Trump. Consistent liars need to be kept in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies