Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:33 AM

77,977 posts, read 60,166,723 times

Advertisements

I think the wall will be an ineffective pork boondoggle designed for nothing more than to produce on a campaign promise or at least show an attempt was made and then blame it's failure on the other party.

That being said, I find it a little funny that the California high-speed rail project is blowing up via cost over-runs by about 10x the amount the stupid wall will cost and it got a substantial amount of federal funding.

Oh well, political posturing and pork a rare example of Trump actually acting presidential lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:35 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,199,787 times
No. Totally different issues.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Speaking of health care I just heard Comrade DeBlasio just promised universal health care for NYCers for $185 per year. I predict massive influx of people flying in from all over the US and the world. This is a great way to destroy the Demwit stranglehold on that city so I am all for it
I was dubious of this claim, thinking "oh well, someone heard this from Rush Limbaugh and is full of it".

But I found the article on NBC and other sources and they're saying they'll insure 600-900k new Yorkers for only 100mil year.

Wow. I think I'll take the *over* on that estimate.

So the question is what the main motivation for him lying about the cost is.

My estimate is this is nothing more than a publicity stunt aimed at a 2020 presidential run.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:45 AM

62,696 posts, read 28,894,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It makes Trump's angry, racist base happy and in 1959 err...2019, they are the only people who matter in this country. Truly despicable era we are living through. I don't see how it can get much worse but I'm sure it's getting much worse before it gets better.

Wow, so it's racist to want a good physical barrier to secure our border? Did you tell Obama and Schumer that when they signed the actual wall bill back in 2006? Thought not! Liberals are such hypocrites.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No. Totally different issues.
One persons politically motivated pork project is another persons responsible betterment project for the people. Generally depends upon political orientation.

If you care to actually discuss the matter, then something better than essentially responding "nuh uh" would be good form.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:51 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,745,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Since when did National Security become negotiable
That is the trouble with wingers, they over-dramatize everything. Yes, illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be dealt with but it is hardly a national security issue. It is not like terrorists blowing up the Twin Towers on 9-11.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think the wall will be an ineffective pork boondoggle designed for nothing more than to produce on a campaign promise or at least show an attempt was made and then blame it's failure on the other party.

That being said, I find it a little funny that the California high-speed rail project is blowing up via cost over-runs by about 10x the amount the stupid wall will cost and it got a substantial amount of federal funding.

Oh well, political posturing and pork a rare example of Trump actually acting presidential lmao.

Did you tell congress that back in 2006 when they actually approved the wall bill with Obama and Schumer's signature on it? Did you also cry about the costs to build it and that it was to be fully funded by the taxpayer? Thought not!

I have provided numerous links including those from on the front lines that say the good walls have been very effective in deterring illegal entry. But you "think" you no better than them?

As for the cost of building the wall it's far less than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. You guys have worn out all your lame arguments and they have all been debunked yet you're in here day after day repeating the same nonsense over and over.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
That is the trouble with wingers, they over-dramatize everything. Yes, illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be dealt with but it is hardly a national security issue. It is not like terrorists blowing up the Twin Towers on 9-11.

Uh, huh. What are the odds that criminals and terrorists have snuck right in along with those seeking economic opportunity since millions have already managed to breach our border? Even the former FBI Director has said as such. Are you really this naïve? If that's not a national security issue then I don't know what is. We also have an economic crisis that has been created by millions of illegal aliens sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources but no big deal, right?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
I think you have that backwards.

Single Payer healthcare does work.

Walls don't.

However I'd be willing to give money for the Trump Wall® for Single Payer

Walls don't work in spite of all the links I have provided that the good walls do work including the statements from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Since when did National Security become negotiable

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
Sliding down the scales (16th to 19th place in one year) of measurable individual freedoms as compared to other first world nations. Haven't heard a single gunshot yet.

How's that 2nd thingy supposed to work without either the cajones or intellect required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies