Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Funding border security should be done in a CR. One bill can solve both needs.

Until then, I am content with the shutdown continuing.
Of course you are! You love watching people suffer! I would bet anything you weren’t selected for a job.
Otherwise, when this is over, I implore you to go to USAJOBS and apply! How about as a border agent?.

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Funding border security should be done in a CR. One bill can solve both needs.

Until then, I am content with the shutdown continuing.

Yeah for about 2 more years.

In the end Trump will win this either by cooperation or via a National Emergency.

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Dems are wanting border security as well. I think they should quit holding workers hostage, open the government, and continue their policy talks. Evidently, you're paycheck isn't affected.

I am a private sector employee.

One CR should cover both the wall plus the affected federal departments.

Any chamber putting forth a CR w/o border additional funding is holding employees hostage.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:38 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
That was THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. You've already been told it was later determined the country didn't have the money for this wall.

That lack of funds is ONLY WORSE TODAY because of the tax-giveaway that is BALLOONING
THE DEFICIT - and seriously undermining our fiscal stability.

The shutdown only adds to this. Furrther, many of the lowest-paid working for the govt are no longer going to work because, without pay, THEY CAN'T AFFORD the transportation costs. This includes contractors working for the TSA. These people truly do live paycheck to paycheck. The airports are beginning to feel the effects of the shutdown.

There's a price to be paid for wealth transfer to the rich - one of which is now the lowest-paid working for the govt can't afford to get to work. GOP policies, overall, are ruining this country.

The boondoggle of a wall, which will result in numerous expensive delays and lawsuits because of imminent domain, is an unintelligent approach to further securing our border.

But smarts are no longer in the GOP vernacular - only ideology and scare tactics - and stupid, ill-considered campaign promises.

Speaking of which, WHERE ARE THE PESOS?? His campaign promise - over and over and over - was Mexico will pay for it? Has Mexico coughed up any pesos to date?
There is a really simple way to come up with $5 billion for the wall. STOP SPENDING $155 billion every single year on criminal aliens! We can do this without impacting a single American. Or we could eliminate our foreign aid-including the additional $10.6 billion just spent on corrupt Mexican and Central American politicians.

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
To work through a bill that helps secure the border that doesn’t involve a wall and wasting billions.

Trump cannot unilaterally decide to spend billions for an ineffective method to try and secure the boarder.

Ineffective wall? I have posted several links proving that the good walls in place already have been very effective in deterring illegal entry. Did you miss them or just ignore them? Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security have said so. Do you know better than them?

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
MOST TEXANS ALONG THE BORDER DON’T WANT TRUMP’S WALL, AND MANY DOUBT IT WILL BE BUILT
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...152402734.html
It just all makes you want to pull your hair out doesn't it? I swear, there is no getting through, no matter how large the font. I feel your pain.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I just heard the speech. He spoke of compromise but he keeps the government shut down while he doesn't get his way. What a sad excuse for a President.
For 2 years now Democrats did everything to.... obstruct President Trump.

Why would President Trump believe Democrats will work with him now?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Wouldn't one murder by an American also be too many? Like a murder of an entire kindergarten classroom or the murder of a bunch of people watching a movie? You realize you're substantially more in danger of being killed by a fellow American than being killed by an illegal immigrant, yes?

However, American born citizens, even those who are murderers, can't be legally argued to be 'people who aren't supposed to be here'. We (those who abide by our laws, and murderers) can't be sent back to the country we came from/were born in, as we were born here.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:40 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
I am a private sector employee.

One CR should cover both the wall plus the affected federal departments.

Any chamber putting forth a CR w/o border additional funding is holding employees hostage.

It's all partisan politics.

Dems won't do the correct thing and fund the wall because it hurts their personal bottom line in a matter of speaking.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:40 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Gloria Borger on CNN mentioned that Trump talked about a lot of other things before talking about the wall and said that he brought up the wall last. She sounded a bit surprised that it wasn't wall-wall-wall-wall-wall.
He was showing his soft fluffy "dryer sheet" side, as Ana Navarro said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies