Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 05:59 AM

24,366 posts, read 22,942,921 times

Advertisements

My short take: The Russians had practically zero to do with election tampering and influencing social media. 95% of the anti Hillary posts were grass roots efforts done by everyday working class people who just hate the woman. Counter that with the MSM media and ISPs that were pro Hillary and this whole debate goes right into the dumpster.
Now the Russians DID make overtures to contact Trump in what was most likely a sting operation to get dirt on him. They didn't mastermind it but were bought off to get involved by our own deep state. Blackmail him or force him to resign later in his presidency or to hamstring him. They really hate that an outsider to the DC elite would be able to become POTUS.
But, you know what? I think some strings were pulled to make Trump win the election. Not by the Russians, that's already been written off as being asinine fantasy. But the real power brokers, the ones pulling the strings of even the deep state( who own the Fed), they are as anti misogynistic as they come. They prevented Hillary from winning the primary against Obama when she in fact had the votes to take the nomination. Maybe they saw her as weak and too much of a liability, maybe it was that and her gender. Or they knew they had a more controllable puppet in Obama who wouldn't need cleaning up after. I can believe they stopped Gore for winning in 2000, as well. And McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. It seems weird that these losers all did very well in amassing money and power after they lost.
I look at those who hate Trump and are working against him. That's why I support him and feel he's more on the american peoples side than any POTUS since Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

28,883 posts, read 30,132,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
this is all fine, but one sided....and you hit the nail on the head, but, Republicans are also responsible for this.....

when Obama was re-elected, there was talk, by people who worked the campaign and the voting booths in Philly, that there were 3 districts that didn't have one republican vote....3....

Yet, the newly elected mayor claimed this wasn't true? ??????

and the point of everyone always raising taxes in our communities...is crazy, I mean think about it...I'm not talking about Federal taxes, I'm talking about state taxes.....

yes, these videos you posted are all great examples, but are they valid?

It has come to my attention, and I include me in this biased land we live in, that we as a society are unable to look at situations unbiased, are we being brainwashed?

I mean, seriously, look at all the negative comments the media makes...depending on whose side their on?

16,148 posts, read 10,287,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
These videos show nothing other than you got nothing. What do they have to do with the Russian involvement in our election? How many Trump guys need to be caught lying about contact before you get it? There is plenty of non-political reasons to look very closely at all of this, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,959,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
These videos show nothing other than you got nothing. What do they have to do with the Russian involvement in our election? How many Trump guys need to be caught lying about contact before you get it? There is plenty of non-political reasons to look very closely at all of this, sorry if that hurts your feelings.
I wouldn't be surprised that Trump had financial dealings with Russia. Trump is a big "financial" guy. They are all corrupt in that way. If Russia wanted to screw up an election, they wouldn't have hitched to Trump as no one gave him any chance of winning.......until he did.

Might an investigation find some very shady financial shenanigans? Wouldn't surprise me at all. There is nothing to the election stuff though.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I have also seen examples of videos of politicians, where they've changed what the politician is actually saying....they've voiced over.

I've also seen on many occasions, pictures of politicans from way back when they were younger, making statements that they now do not represent...and common sense tells you, people change their priorities as they grow older...and I've seen both sides of the coin do this....to push their agendas....

Old 01-09-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There is an ongoing investigation that is looking into whether or not the election was stolen. Even if there was no thievery involved does not mean there was no wrongdoing. It's a good idea if we all wait til the investigation(s) are over.
But they said the same thing about Obama???? There were also investigations....and pointing fingers...? And the same was said about Bush....

Take ABC News, Disney is their parent company. They are completing liberal....and they certainly do push an agenda....

I'm 70 years old, and people used to say years ago...."Can't they report good news once in a while".

In present time, if they've got their party in office, it's all good and they calm down, and act normal...never report anything against that President, unless the news becomes National....but the moment a republican is in office, boy do they ever go to town and they do it, even when the campaigning begins.

Fox news did it as well against the dems...

I just wish all of us as American's instead of being led by our party affiliation could wake up and see what is going on....and stop allowing our parties to define who we are....

I don't believe right now in this climate, it is possible for us as a society to be unbiased...and make the right decisions, I mean, people can't even admit they are wrong...or say, ok, lets try this, if it doesn't work, we'll try that.

It seems like losing has become a dreaded death sentence and the beginning of an all out verbal war.

That isn't what we're about.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I would like for everyone, to put their loathing aside for each party and president, and focus on being detached so we can look at this in a non biased clarity.

Lets for a moment, place parties aside...and focus on what is really going on here in our government, now for years....

Why is it you believe the Presidency had been stolen from Hillary by Trump and the Russians and how could it have been done? What makes you believe this is true?

The republicans were convinced the same thing happened with Obama's 2nd term? At that time, for 8 years, I had believed it was true...but now that the same claims are being made about Russia and Trump, for me, I gotta wonder what in the world is going on here?

Think about all the time and money that is being wasted.

This accusation has been made by the dems now for over two years and still no evidence...? Same as what happened with Bush and Obama....

If you don't believe this, then why, what do you know about the situation, that is convincing?

Why would they invent such ridiculous smoke screens?

To keep from addressing our Nations problems...its like a stale mate in hopes that when they gain the majority power again, they will turn it all around...again....and again, and it's been going on for years?

We don't seem to be making any progress...do we?

Here's an example....

Lets review the promises Trump made...what promises has he not accomplished....? I'll list a few, but I'm wondering if this all ties in together? If they are stalling to deliberately ignore our 1. economy, and getting us out of debt? 2. Fixing Health Care 3. Trump promised to fix immigration...well, lets review...the focus in now on the wall, which of course wouldn't be 100% full proof, but effective in reducing the amount of illegals coming into this country. But enforcing and controlling illegal immigration would require a whole lot more...so it all comes together and is 75% to 90% full proof.

1. You'd have to hire a lot of border police
2. You'd have to review all our laws already on the books about illegal immigration and revise as needed.
3. You would have to impose fines to everyone in the U.S. who would hire these illegals.
4. I believe they know where the illegals are working but allow it to continue? Why? Are there way too many illegals in this country in political positions?
5. you'd have to deport them, wouldn't you, but instead, they are holding them in our prisons.

and there is so much more that would have to be done...which they are not doing?

Now I just covered one issue, that both the dems and repubs, have both promised would be fixed at one time or another, I've seen Obama make statements on videos of the speeches he delivered...but they continue to invent these Election problems, and literally divide this country, by proposing that now, the Russians have had a hand in this election? Why? If that were true, Trump would by now be on trial, and the same went for Obama, and Bush? They wanted Obama impeached and kept screaming the same things they are now screaming about Trump, and did the same with Bush...??????? What the heck is going on here?

Then there is our Economy and getting us out of debt which they have all promised but so far it's not been accomplished?

There are the problems with healthcare for our ex-military men and women, who were wounded and need dire help? And yet, the President wanted to have a parade for them instead of giving them better health care and benefits. And these are just a few of the promises that were made, but haven't been addressed yet?

And lastly, how bout Term Limits?

Does anyone else wonder about these issues, and why this is constantly being done? All the candidates for President make these promises...and when they are elected into office, they throw us bones, by signing a lot of rules and undoing what the past President has done...but then it ends there? Doesn't it?

It seems to me, that they purposely continue to divide the country, to avoid addressing these problems we have...and act worse than 3rd graders...calling each other names....etc.

This all just doesn't make sense? If your leading the country you want to improve it...common sense would dictate that we as Americans should be much further along intellectually, much more advanced, and yes, we've made some sensational progress, but very very slowly and it seems to me, grown adults would realize, the significance, in just going forward and working together, understanding that you can't always win?

I believe this is all being done on purpose. You've got American's trying to raise money on a Go Fund Me Page but the Government says, we can't do that?

What in the world is going on here?

Can anyone explain this to me....it's just not common sense politics?

Do you understand where I'm going with this, and why I've pointed out these examples?

I seriously don't understand, what has been going on here for all these years?

Obama promised we'd be debt free, he had a plan, but he tripled our Debt?

Bush did the same and so did Trump? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Why aren't we all asking these questions?

{{{{{ History Matters }}}}} ( brackets are used for emphasis only)

Wealth and power has never had concern to give up wealthy and power...then the overriding element of "Racism" from the Era of Slavery.... "people were seen as service class", the black unpaid and entrapped in not only forced labor, but denied education and not concept of concern for living standards. The use of brutal means including the whip, the noose and death by any means. Every kind of vile one can imagine was engaged and enacted upon them. All the while "wealthy that help build a nation was amassed in the hands of a few.
Then there is The Poor Whites, given poor education if any at all, used like pawns to promote ethnicity and race divisiveness, and kept in a class as "service providers", to the cycle of share croppers whom were systematically fleeced via a form of indenture, where they could not rise, nor could they escape the condition nor the labels. they were continually pitted against each other and against blacks...

MLK explained this very clearly in the Speech at Selma... its unfortunate that many poor whites not only refused to read or hear it, and chose not to attend themselves to learn and see the truths it spoke.

Quote:
Noted historian, C. Vann Woodward, in his book, The Strange Career of Jim Crow\w, clearly points out, the segregation of the races was really a political stratagem employed by the emerging Bourbon interests in the South to keep the southern masses divided and southern labor the cheapest in the land. You see, it was a simple thing to keep the poor white masses working for near-starvation wages in the years that followed the Civil War. Why, if the poor white plantation or mill worker became dissatisfied with his low wages, the plantation or mill owner would merely threaten to fire him and hire former Negro slaves and pay him even less. Thus, the southern wage level was kept almost unbearably low.

The leaders of this movement began awakening the poor white masses (Yes, sir) and the former Negro slaves to the fact that they were being fleeced by the emerging Bourbon interests. Not only that, but they began uniting the Negro and white masses (Yeah) into a voting bloc that threatened to drive the Bourbon interests from the command posts of political power
The age old system of "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" has been at play since the wealthy 'hijacked the Constitution" and declared that "only" white men was considered as Person. Women were non person, only "heir producers for white men", and slaves were for the system of labor, and poor whites were structured into networks of mill workers and technicians. Paid the equivalent of what it cost to house and feed a slave, which was assured to be no more than what is substandard and incapable to provide any quality standard of living of any level of comparison to the wealthy.

The system of white nationalism, was the construct of white men, to keep power in the hands of white men, specifically, "the wealthy white men". The poor white man, was fed the illusion, by giving him someone to look down upon and lay blame upon, as long as it was laid upon and against the wealthy white men. White Nationalism, was as well a "Gender Bias Construct", as women were "non person", had no right to vote, and her life was based upon pursuing and gaining "validation and support" from white men, as long as she remained subservient and did not demonstrate any will or motivation to declare individual Person-hood. She could not by her own construct pursue and own property, she was for centuries not allowed to independently work except by allotment to do so, if it served the "white male dominance" as a form of servitude at the lowest of compensation, that would never allow her to have economic independence.

These constructs of social containment has been long a part since the days when such social abuse was the means to usurp not only the Declarations of Independence's principle of "individual", it was then declared that the Constitution would only give such "rights of individual person", to white men.

During the 1960's.... the system of segregation detested the thought of any resources from government taxation, be used for anything that would assist and uplift women and minorities, and it was rationed to poor whites at a below poverty level, so they could never rise above such a status. The design was never to meet nor address the "standard of living" as was promoted as the American Living Standard for the well to do white society.
President Johnson's, War on Poverty sought to break these shackles, as did the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Immigration Act of 1965. President Johnson, created "medicare" to provide health care to poor and aged American, he placed the first black man on the Supreme Court to give Justice the representative of people of color, and he passed the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to remove the impediments for people of color.

Along came Nixon, and Later Reagan, who set out to impede, construct and roll back any measures that would allow these Act's and programs to achieve their designed objectives. in 1968-1968 President Nixon presided over the party flip gaming, to bring the adoption of the Jim Crow Ideals into the Republican System and spread it among the Republican Ranks... with aim, intent and objective to confuse the electorate, while it enacted aims to promote the continuance of "white nationalist" agenda, which means, "white male" dominance. The Economic Construct, was to "remove the means for upward economic life" from accessibility by the Poor Whites, Women and Minorities, thus with aim to sustain and promote "white nationalism, as in "white male dominance'... thus we got the system of "union busting" followed by "outsourcing".
When Democrats took of the system of "human rights and human equability"... after the Dixiecrats has moved into backing the Republican Party, of whom the leaders of the Dixiecrats has become a part of within the Republican system. Then the Republican party moved away from its once support of Civil Rights, and became Anti-Civil Rights and sought to curtail, roll back and stagnate any and every aspect of Civil Rights by any construct it could. Which became a collusive gaming of creating obstructionist agenda, to ensure programs, policy's and agenda items would not move forward to create Civil, Social, Economic or Political "equilibrium" for Poor Whites, Women or Minorities.

Each time the Democrats move forward to improve.. the conditions, and advance the programs, and push for Civic, Social, Political and Economic uplift for Poor Whites, Women and Minorities, it was thwarted by attack and opposition by the Republican, who used every aspect and construct of promoting racist divisiveness as a means and manner to drum up a fighting force against it. {{{{{ History Matters }}}}} (brackets are used for emphasis only)

(To be Continued)

Last edited by Chance and Change; 01-09-2019 at 06:33 AM..

Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,945,506 times
Creme... Maybe because I'm in Texas but it's surprising how many women here love and support Trump and what he's doing. These women despise the Democrat policies, people like Hillary and Pulosi.

These women are Professional, strong and well educated. Many run businesses or are self employed.

Many of the educated women are way more vocal in their support of Trump than most men.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,053,118 times
Whether the presidency was stolen or not, it's looking more and more like Donald Trump's 2016 campaign was colluding with Russia.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 AM

21,758 posts, read 9,318,316 times
Quote:
Most do not believe the election was stolen from Hillary. And someone should tell that meathead Rush that this is not about trying to overturn the results, it was never about that.

We just believe the attempts of a hostile foreign government to influence the results of our election, with the possible knowledge of this by one of the campaigns, is pretty freaking serious and should be investigated completely. For as long as it takes. And it's kind of disgusting that every American does not feel this way.
I think it's kind of disgusting that in spite of doing everything to rig the election in Hillary's favor by the DOJ, FBI and the DNC along with the media including multiple criminal acts, you still seem to think Trump is the one who colluded with the Russians. But I don't blame you. The media is telling you that nonsense. Open your eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies