Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, I'm not the one that said "no one" and this is just one article.

Besides, he's getting the business from Don Lemon on national TV.
Contextually , I think you understood I wasn't speaking in absolutes lol .

But yeah, 650 people isn't a lot at all to try and back up that argument.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree with your first part.

The second part though, even though I personally support gay marriage, I have a problem with.

By that very statement, you're saying that "Bob the muslim" has religious views that are invalid in favor of other peoples views on say gay marriage.

Now I believe in vote with your wallet so a personal decision to not give Bob business is all well and good.

To try to drive him out of business so to speak for not having the *correct* diverse views however with organized boycotts etc. is imo crossing a line at some point.

Let me put it another way. Chick-fil-A tried to open on the Univ. of Nebraska campus. It was stopped thus preventing all of the students for deciding for themselves if they wanted to support the business or not because of the owners religious views.

I don't view this any differently than some fundy christians trying to keep a mosque out of their town because they don't like the muslim religion.
The moment you use your money to harm others, we are no longer discussing " views" , we are discussing actions.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Contextually , I think you understood I wasn't speaking in absolutes lol .

But yeah, 650 people isn't a lot at all to try and back up that argument.
Guess you feel that everyone that felt that way only wrote one article and then each of them left a comment on it. Come on now.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:27 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
First of all Lemon didn't railroad anybody. Lemon pointed out why Hart's initial actions weren't accepted by the gay black community. And because Kevin Hart was called out, Hart has apologized 'sincerely' this time.

This was no railroading by Lemon. Lemon was out of line suggesting Hart had to take on an ally role. Lemon has noted that it is Kevin's right not to. Lemon did say on The View today that Hart would be a good voice because he has a big platform but he shouldn't be if he doesn't want to.

Hart and Lemon are fine with it.
Hart felt okay enough to issue a statement on his radio station after talking with Lemon. Neither one is railroaded.

You are making that up to serve your narrative.
Yep. I saw Lemon on The View and I was glad to hear they hashed everything out. Put it to bed and keep it moving.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:32 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The movie is based on a true story. Real life can be old and tired I guess.
But yeah it isn't getting great reviews. Doesn't mean it won't be a hit -- but it surely is not critically acclaimed.
Looks like it will be #1 this weekend. His fans love him and I'm sure Cranstons admirers showed up. So this controversy didn't hurt the film and ole Kev will be a'ight. My Oscar bowl party will continue on without a hitch.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You have to love this. Liberal black man being railroaded by gay (liberal) black man. SJWs eating their own.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/entertain...080108AMVODtop
You mean YOU like it because of your own personal beliefs.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:19 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You mean YOU like it because of your own personal beliefs.
I just think it's funny that SJWs are committing heresy (attacking a successful black man - KH) for a relatively minor infraction. Politically incorrect speech (or comedy) is literally history thanks to "progressives". Hence why we call them "regressives" as they are really the opposite of progressive.

No one is off limits anymore...hold on tight...

Old 01-12-2019, 07:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
You have to love this. Liberal black man being railroaded by gay (liberal) black man. SJWs eating their own.

Why do you see it as "liberals" vs. "liberals" and not individual vs. individual?

There are no "teams".

Old 01-12-2019, 07:57 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:

Well, he's not his type....

Old 01-12-2019, 09:20 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:

This is what happens when you use identity politics to get votes, instead of actual policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies