Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should POTUS declare a state of emergency for the border wall?
Yes 96 34.78%
No 180 65.22%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 11:07 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The longer its delayed, the sooner we become venzuala
Which is exactly what Democrats want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 11:07 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Given that immigrants, undocumented or otherwise, commit fewer violent crimes than citizens - a better way for any politicians, of any stripe, is to strengthen public safety is to strenghten firearms regulation (given the deaths from firearms). Guess which party has consistently refused to address this?
Your rationale makes sense, holds water, is based on fact, is compelling.

But the proponents of the wall, beginning with Trump can't provide a coherent argument. Just compare the posts pro and con for "the wall" on this board. If they presented a logical defensible argument based on facts, and grounded in a structured plan it would be different. All I hear are a bunch of highly emotional platitudes and fear-mongering.

This is about spending MY money. Why would I hand over $5B of it if you can't quantify the benefit? Based on facts, not conjectures?

Old 01-11-2019, 11:08 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
So, wall or no wall (likely no, or he goes over the top and keeps government shut by executive fiat),

Some people who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him again.

Some people who voted for him in 2016 now realize what they got and won't vote for him again.

Russia will be less likely to have targeted advertising directed at vulnerable voters, so that factor goes out the window. Bad for Trump.

No people who didn't vote for him in 2016 would vote for him in 2020. In their eyes it has been a horror show worse than anticipated.

So, given that Trump didn't carry the popular vote in 2016, it is unlikely that he would do so in 2020. Given that he skated through in 2016 with targeted advertising from Russia in order to get him the plurality in the electoral college, I don't see how he gets re-elected in 2020, let alone by some landslide in 49 states.
There's also the factor of many who sat out 2016 (the turnout was lower than previous presidential elections) because they did not like Hillary nor Trump will likely not vote for him..

Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The Democrats are just looking to flip States by allowing in 100' s of thousands of illegal immigrants into our country. Democrats are hell-bent on turning America into a third world country.
Since illegals don't vote, I fail to see how this would "flip" anything.

This is complete nonsense. More paranoia about brown people.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
is this you Eric or dt jr,????
Or Ivanka?

Old 01-11-2019, 11:24 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ginsberg is probably on a ventilator as we speak so that will be happening soon. I hope he picks the most conservative, abortion hating, gun loving judge he can find and they place him/her with the nuclear option to blow these Democratic Carpetbaggers out of the water.

So you want judges who will further a partisan agenda instead of simply interpreting the law and the constitution. Got it.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
If they raid the disaster fund, it should be taken from California and the fires, NOT from the Gulf Coast. We are Trump's base and he is smart enough to know he can't afford to lose our votes while he'll never win California anyway. Same with New York and New Jersey. The aid to Puerto Rico can be cut as well though most importantly we MUST cut foreign aid to Mexico and to all the countries whose citizens are in the caravan.

Or Trump can step up the game and order ICE to carry out an escalating series of deportation raids right in the Democrat strongholds in California and New York City until Pelosi and Schumer capitulate.
Disaster funds being allocated based on a locality's political leaning s rather than need? What a repugnant premise. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
If they raid the disaster fund, it should be taken from California and the fires, NOT from the Gulf Coast. We are Trump's base and he is smart enough to know he can't afford to lose our votes while he'll never win California anyway. Same with New York and New Jersey. The aid to Puerto Rico can be cut as well though most importantly we MUST cut foreign aid to Mexico and to all the countries whose citizens are in the caravan.

Or Trump can step up the game and order ICE to carry out an escalating series of deportation raids right in the Democrat strongholds in California and New York City until Pelosi and Schumer capitulate.
Shameful.

Do you not know that once someone is elected to public office, he or she is supposed to represent all of the people, not just the ones who vote for him/her?

I know Trump doesn’t care about that but I guess you don’t either?

Old 01-11-2019, 11:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Shameful.

Do you not know that once someone is elected to public office, he or she is supposed to represent all of the people, not just the ones who vote for him/her?

I know Trump doesn’t care about that but I guess you don’t either?
Can’t rep you enough for this.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
the repugnant are also nother addressing why he wants that money without an actual plan and no plans to produce one.WHERE IS THIS MONEY REALLY GOING
BETTER THE REPUBLICAN THAT ARE BACKING HIM KNOW (ESP THE TURTLE)

Sorry, I do not follow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies