Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 10:03 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Doctors in single payer countries wouldn't want to refuse to provide labor, because then they wouldn't get paid. It would be cutting their nose to spite their face

The concept that I would be a slave to you if I were compelled, by law, to help pay for your medical care is NOT a difficult concept to comprehend. I owe you nothing. The mere fact that you were born does NOT entitle you to demand that I or anyone else help pay for your healthcare.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
The concept that I would be a slave to you if I were compelled, by law, to help pay for your medical care is NOT a difficult concept to comprehend. I owe you nothing. The mere fact that you were born does NOT entitle you to demand that I or anyone else help pay for your healthcare.
Well, fortunately; your voice is becoming the minority in this country. What are you going to think when we do get a single payer system? Rest assured, it's going to happen.....

Old 01-15-2019, 10:15 AM

13,950 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Well, fortunately; your voice is becoming the minority in this country. What are you going to think when we do get a single payer system? Rest assured, it's going to happen.....
I'll think the quasi-slave status of all American taxpayers will be shifted closer to "fully enslaved." And I will continue to hate, with the white hot heat of 1,000 suns, the entire concept of forced, involuntary servitude to the schemes of tyrants.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I'll think the quasi-slave status of all American taxpayers will be shifted closer to "fully enslaved." And I will continue to hate, with the white hot heat of 1,000 suns, the entire concept of forced, involuntary servitude to the schemes of tyrants.
Almost everyone uses healthcare at some point or another, just like with education. You can't argue with a straight face that it's better for only the wealthy to get care while everyone else suffers due to lack of ability to pay, just to assuage your perverted notion of freedumb

Old 01-15-2019, 10:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I believe we all have a right to health care.
Sure, if you can administer it to yourself. By all means it is your right.
The problem comes when someone is forced to fix you, or they are punished.

Who is going to administer your right to healthcare, in the mountains, with no cell phone service as you lay there with a scissor break of the tib/fib?

Old 01-15-2019, 10:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Rand "public healthcare is slavery" Paul is going to Canada for hernia surgery.
https://gritpost.com/rand-paul-canad...E9PNLRXzJgs0pc

Old 01-15-2019, 10:25 AM

13,950 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Almost everyone uses healthcare at some point or another, just like with education. You can't argue with a straight face that it's better for only the wealthy to get care while everyone else suffers due to lack of ability to pay, just to assuage your perverted notion of freedumb
The idea that people should not be forced to labor against their will, solely for the benefit of others is "perverted?" Really?

If that is what you really think, then say it outright.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:32 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Living in a civilized society must be very tough for you, then. Do you get out much?

Old 01-15-2019, 10:33 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
Quote:

Really? By what right do you proclaim I must pay for your healthcare? Are you somehow prevented by me or anyone else from the opportunity to earn for yourself, and therefore capable of paying for your own healthcare? If you are capable, then by what right do you make a demand of anything I have or that I have earned?

Old 01-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Really? By what right do you proclaim I must pay for your healthcare? Are you somehow prevented by me or anyone else from the opportunity to earn for yourself, and therefore capable of paying for your own healthcare? If you are capable, then by what right do you make a demand of anything I have or that I have earned?
Again. Give it by the 2030s at the latest and I will be proven right. We will have a single payer system. Even conservatives are getting on board with it.

The private system just costs too much money at the point of use, even with insurance.

And I work, and earn decent money. But still not enough to pay for say cancer treatment.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies