Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump AND Pelosi compromise?
Yes - swallow a bit of pride but get government opened. 49 50.00%
No - Dig in and don't yield an inch. 49 50.00%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:21 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Dems already sent back the same bills that McConnell passed. That was already a compromise. Not the Dems. fault that Trump is afraid of Hannity and Limbaugh.

Trump even cut his own arguments to shreds today. There is no National Emergency, Trump told us today.

Trump negotiating with himself and losing.
"Not the Dems. fault that Trump is afraid of Hannity and Limbaugh."

And some wonder why most of these threads end up dead!

PLEASE grow up before submitting any more posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 06:23 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick enough View Post
"not the dems. Fault that trump is afraid of hannity and limbaugh."

and some wonder why most of these threads end up dead!

Please grow up before submitting any more posts!
lol

Old 01-13-2019, 07:39 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
compromise is just a fancy word, for letting the other basstard win.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Trump had his chance - twice. You can't make a deal with someone who backs out every time.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:04 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think the wall is a dumb idea, but I think that it is time Pelosi and Trump each swallow their pride and compromise. People need to get back to work.

Maybe Trump gets a small, $2.5B wall.

Agree or disagree?
Yes, that is fair.

Trump gets half of his wall money, dems get some kind of lesser immigration reform or work visa deal.

Both sides can claim victory, America wins

Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 AM

937 posts, read 927,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Trump offered to give the DACA people citizenship for an end to chain migration, an end to birthright citizenship and wall funding back in Feb. If I were him, I wouldn't give them anything more and I wouldn't settle for anything less. Once you realize this is all about importing new Democrat voters, it all makes sense.
Wow...

Wait... Really?

Um... I can kinda see your point but getting there requires leaps and bounds of logic I don't think are reasonable... And rather racist.

Like, do you go outside your conservative bubble and, you know, talk to people?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:16 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
That's mature!
I know, that's why I wrote it!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:20 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes, that is fair.

Trump gets half of his wall money, dems get some kind of lesser immigration reform or work visa deal.

Both sides can claim victory, America wins
I think the best solution is for Trump to declare national emergency and take money from the Defense budget to fund the wall in its entirety.

This is a pretty much win-win situation for everyone. Even the Defense budget, which is hugely bloated at around 700 billion dollars, won't miss this 5-25 billion dollars.

Now let's go over the winners.

1)Government is reopened. Nonessential federal employees get their paychecks and backpay. The government stops hemorrhaging money from this shutdown and stocks temporarily surge on renewed investor confidence.

2)Senate and House Democrats can claim victory. They didn't budge, forcing Trump to declare a National Emergency.

3)Trump. While his decision will be challenged and it will end up at the USSC where it can be allowed or rejected - in either scenario he can go back to his base and claim he was "tough" and did all he could do. This is better for him than folding to Pelosi/Schumer for sure. And on the positive side, if his decision is allowed, his wall begins to get built, and his signature campaign promised is delivered. His chances in 2020 look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies