Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 03:10 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times

Advertisements

The following are items that some conservatives love to complain about as having bias, yet many of those who complain continue to consume these in one way or another.

1. Mainstream News
2. Hollywood
3. Big Tech Giants (Google, Facebook, etc)
4. NFL Football
5. Television Networks
6. Universities

Is it hypocritical to complain but continue to consume any of these?

I believe the hardest one to abstain from would be #3 big tech giants as it is easy to not watch movies, television, football or the news but even if you want to watch alternative right wing news sources you have to watch on Youtube which is affiliated with Google.

If you are a conservative, do you abstain from consuming any of the above because of your views?

Edit: A sixth one came to mind, universities are bashed regularly by conservatives.

Last edited by malcorub16; 01-12-2019 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
The following are items that some conservatives love to complain about as having bias, yet many of those who complain continue to consume these in one way or another.

1. Mainstream News
2. Hollywood
4. NFL Football
5. Television Networks

Is it hypocritical to complain but continue to consume any of these?

I believe the hardest one to abstain from would be #3 big tech giants as it is easy to not watch movies, television, football or the news but even if you want to watch alternative right wing news sources you have to watch on Youtube which is affiliated with Google.

If you are a conservative, do you abstain from consuming any of the above because of your views?
LOL you chose 5 things totally irrelevant to me.

Mainstream news? If I want to hear manufactured garbage I'd go listen to the kids down the street with their duck fart mufflers on their Honda civic.
Hollywood? Don't care what a professional narcissistic court jester has to say.
Know when the last time I've been to a movie was?
10th grade. And not because of political reasons... perhaps the poor quality and constant having to remake all the things...
Big tech giants? They're private businesses they can do whatever it is they please. Of course if there's any perception of being wronged or discriminated against then perhaps we should start our alternative to theirs?
NFL? I haven't watched NFL since I was a kid. I will play football and have. If I want to watch a football game. If I really must subject myself to 2 hours of pure boredom... at least make it entertaining and watch a college game where the players hit and aren't afraid to hit or get hit. This namby pamby patty cake at the line of scrimmage quarterbacks tossing it or dropping on a knee, 4th and 15 they're not going to go for it they're going to go for a field goal?
Television networks? Irrelevant. I watch at most 3 hours of TV and that's AHC. Or military history channel.

My forms of entertainment do not involve a smart phone a tablet an app or a big tech giant, and often times requires actual physical activity soo...

Old 01-12-2019, 03:28 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
"...do you abstain from consuming any of the above because of your views?"

the only one i Pay For is Google since we pay for internet service.
we gave up Facebook several years ago.
the rest we sometimes watch, but they are free
on the internet. right now, watching NFL Playoffs for free.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:31 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
I don't watch TV, but I do use google. Out of all that, google is the most useful product/service/whatever it is. I don't abstain from these companies and their products/services because of politics. I just don't need or want the crap they are pushing.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
"What liberals dislike the most" would be a bigger thread here!

Old 01-12-2019, 03:49 PM

15,633 posts, read 10,390,278 times
As a republican, what I dislike most are arrogant and ignorant people who claim to know what I think, yet don't know me and have no idea what I think.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post

1. Mainstream News
2. Hollywood
4. NFL Football
5. Television Networks
6. Universities
They also hate people who are not conservative, which is more than half of US population. And they hate Europe, UN, muslims, Africans, Latinos and 'city people'.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They also hate people who are not conservative, which is more than half of US population. And they hate Europe, UN, muslims, Africans, Latinos and 'city people'.
<Shrug> And you hate conservatives.

This is getting us nowhere.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:05 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
As a republican, what I dislike most are arrogant and ignorant people who claim to know what I think, yet don't know me and have no idea what I think.
I did say some conservatives (not all Republicans) and my list is based on observations I've made by watching month's of right wing Youtube channels such as Daily Wire, Prager U, MRCTV and Info Wars. These seem to post videos regularly about the above 6 topics. As well as a few Facebook friends I have that complain about these as well.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:11 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Humans complain about everything. It isn't only a conservative phenomenon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies