Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 09:20 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

I dont know how "demand progress" got my email address. Heres a doozy I got today. It would be funny if it werent so damn pathetic. I had to share. Have at it:
Quote:
Amazon wants to equip your racist neighbor with spy technology.
That way they’d be able to call the cops on anyone – just for walking by. They’ve recently patented technology that combines doorbell cameras and facial recognition^1 to turn every neighborhood into a 1984 surveillance nightmare.
Users could “white-list” certain visitors, and automatically call the local police on others.
... And again, it has to be said: facial recognition still fails to identify women and people of color correctly.

Now Amazon is signalling that they can skip the middleman and bring racial profiling literally to your front door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
This email is representative of liberal outrage culture. Anthropologists will study these freaks one day.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
This email is representative of liberal outrage culture. Anthropologists will study these freaks one day.
The anthropologists themselves are among the freaks needing study though...

Old 01-13-2019, 11:22 PM

3,317 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Literally anything is (or could be) racist now-a-days. Over the past couple of years we've learned that math and science are racist, band-aids are racist, merit-based advancement/placement is racist, fashion is racist, government is racist, law enforcement and the military are intrinsically racist, and all white people are racist even prior to exiting the womb. I can't be too sure, but I'm beginning to wonder whether or not my dogs might be racist since their poop eventually turns white when left in the yard for too long. And don't even get me started on my parents' cat, I've been suspicious of him since day one. He's bright white, fat, always gets his way, and he's notorious for his after-hours #metoo style forays around their neighborhood. I'm thoroughly convinced it's no coincidence that his name is Harvey.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
This is probably the guy that sent out that email....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgN_XyipFEc

Old 01-14-2019, 06:11 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
this is probably the guy that sent out that email....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgn_xyipfec
rofl!!!

Old 01-14-2019, 06:11 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
What right do these people have to assume that people buy these devices specifically to see what race the person outside their door is? If someone I don't know is on my front porch ringing my doorbell, I don't care if they are white, black, or purple, I want to know what their motive is. Maybe people want to be protected from crime, period. There are white criminals too, and isn't it a bit racist for "Demand Progress" to assume that the person outside the door that is up to no good will be non-white?

Old 01-14-2019, 06:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post

It isn't the work of some liberal, or some conservative, it is just the work of some idiot. We have them, you have them, they are among us.

That "email" is simply nonsense.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:33 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
My home, my front porch. I have the right to know what is going on there.

How I use that information may be debatable but it does not change my rights.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It isn't the work of some liberal, or some conservative, it is just the work of some idiot. We have them, you have them, they are among us.

That "email" is simply nonsense.
As usual you are talking about something that you know NOTHING about. Don’t you grow tired of having this pointed out to you?

Demand Progress is run by the Sixteen Thirty fund ... a Soros-backed Democratic Party fund.

Just follow the money to find out who is supporting this manufactured race war. It’s *always* the same group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies