Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 04:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
If it takes you more than 30 seconds to explain why you're not a white supremacist, you probably are one.
Witch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The biggest problem with this argument is that King didn't start talking like this yesterday. He has been talking like this for atleast 5 years.
I repped you. Yes he has, and he deserves to go down in flames. But my point stands. He only speaks for himself. He does not speak for me any more than Ben Carson speaks for DesertDetroiter. His continual attempts to paint all Republicans with the same broad brush is tiresome and untrue, yet he's quick to distance himself from blacks who don't share his viewpoint.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:12 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Add Mitch McConnell to the orchestrated attempt to save the GOP from the overt racism of Steve King.
Quit making stuff up. There's nothing racist about King.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Republicans can’t distance themselves from him. He’s only saying what other Republicans think but aren’t willing to say.

Don’t bother Republicans. Just hang with him and give him support. You may as well at this point.

Agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If he condemns it 10 times a day, it wont be enough.
Seems Ted Cruz and other Republicans have a huge issue with King's recent racist statements and his many in the past.

He spoke about it Sunday along with other REPUBLICANS.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
What are the recent "racist" statements made by Steve King?

I am not defending anything he or anyone else said. He may very well have recently made racist statements, and I have just not seen them yet.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:15 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Quit making stuff up. There's nothing racist about King.
Your complaint is with fellow repblicans

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/polit...ion/index.html

Old 01-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
talking like what? Denouncing white supremacists?
Have you honestly never heard King's pervious statements or do you simply believe he misspoke or has been misunderstood every time ???

1 time can be seen as misspeaking , but we are on time #8 or #9 here .

Old 01-14-2019, 06:40 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Your complaint is with fellow repblicans

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/polit...ion/index.html
I’m not sure if King has formally stripped of all of his committee assignments as of yet. The Republican House Steering Committee voted to do so, but it has to be voted on by all of the Republican House members. I’m not sure if that’s happened as of yet.

There's no question he’s being treated as if he has a communicative disease that could infect and kill their entire flock.

Washington Post op-ed writer and former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson, makes the case that whatever the GOP leadership does with King, it rings hollow as long as they continue to be vassals to Donald Trump.

Quote:
In their criticism of King, you get the sense that Republicans are actually relieved to be in the position of attacking racism for a change, instead of being forced to defend it from the president. They seem to be signaling that they are not really the bigots they appear to be. Republicans seem desperate to explain that they are normal and moral — despite all the evidence. Attacking King reveals some sense of shame at what they have become.

Yet, in the end, Republican critics of King manage to look worse rather than better. If racism is the problem, then President Trump is a worse offender. And the GOP’s relative silence on Trump is a sign of hypocrisy and weakness.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.a2fc1a152c30

Old 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What are the recent "racist" statements made by Steve King?

I am not defending anything he or anyone else said. He may very well have recently made racist statements, and I have just not seen them yet.
Uh-huh.

“Argumentum ad ignorantiam”....

Old 01-14-2019, 06:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Uh-huh.

“Argumentum ad ignorantiam”....
Are you saying you don't know what these current racist statements are?

Just FYI, a person is not a racist just because a number of people say so. The person being accused actually has to have said or done something that clearly and specifically constitutes racist behavior.

I was not expecting this basic question to be evaded like this. Now I am starting to wonder if he actually did make any racist statements recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies