Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 10:34 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times

Advertisements

Seems odd that these so called "caravans" materialize at times when Donald Trump and many Republicans need them. They beat the drum back in November in the lead up to the election to gin up their voters. Never heard much about that caravan after they lost big at the polls. What happened to this so called crisis back then? It seems to have been quickly forgotten. Now we have a shutdown and Trump desperately wants public money for a wall that he repeatedly said Mexico would pay for and never acted on in his first two years in office. Conveniently, the right wing manufactures another caravan crisis to whip up its simple minded and easily manipulated core supporters into a state of self induced hysteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 11:09 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ah, so the truth finally comes out. You hire illegal aliens for profit and damned the American worker. Anti-American traitor comes to mind. Hard work hardly excuses anyone for breaking the law. Your attempt to claim that Americans are inferior workers to illegal aliens is laughable to say the least. Now that your have exposed the awful truth about yourself off to the dust bin you go.
I hire companies who may use illegal aliens to do the job. Perhaps in your future use of companies, you should ask them if they only use American labor to do the job. This seems to be a big concern for you.

In my experience, the American workers are not as diligent in doing there job as the illegal aliens.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:53 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Seems odd that these so called "caravans" materialize at times when Donald Trump and many Republicans need them. They beat the drum back in November in the lead up to the election to gin up their voters. Never heard much about that caravan after they lost big at the polls. What happened to this so called crisis back then? It seems to have been quickly forgotten. Now we have a shutdown and Trump desperately wants public money for a wall that he repeatedly said Mexico would pay for and never acted on in his first two years in office. Conveniently, the right wing manufactures another caravan crisis to whip up its simple minded and easily manipulated core supporters into a state of self induced hysteria.
Uh, the caravan was tear gassed and stopped at the border.
They were turned around.
That's why you never heard anything else about it.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:14 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
I hire companies who may use illegal aliens to do the job. Perhaps in your future use of companies, you should ask them if they only use American labor to do the job. This seems to be a big concern for you.

In my experience, the American workers are not as diligent in doing there job as the illegal aliens.
My experience has been otherwise. Illegals are the ones doing shoddy work.

Did you miss my post where I pointed that out in detail? Are the companies you hire licensed and insured? If not, check your state laws. In my state if you hire anyone who isn't licensed and insured to work on your property and that person gets injured on the job, your homeowners insurance won't cover it. Don't think for one minute that an illegal won't sue you. There are plenty of pro-illegal alien advocacy groups that will represent them pro bono.

It should be a "big concern" for you as to whether or not the companies you hire use illegals. We always asked outright if a company hires them. One company we tried to hire, when asked if the used E-verify didn't even know what it was. It had to be explained to them. After the explanation, they said they would call back with what it would cost us to get the job done. We never heard from them again. That told us everything we needed to know.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Let's face it, American employers face almost no risk when hiring undocumented workers and pocketing higher profits when they do.

People working below minimum wage affect many hard working Americans, especially those in direct economic competition-- they have the most to lose. Undocumented workers are being actively recruited by U.S. companies who face minimal or non-existent penalties for circumventing fair wage laws and safety standards, driving a “race to the bottom.”

The loser is the American worker, forced to labor below a living wage without a culture of safety or job protection. But both parties' leadership don't care about working Americans; they only care about protecting plutocrats and lining their own pockets.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The illegal aliens are already in my nice suburban neighborhood. They are on the landscaping crews that run around here all day. They detail my car after it’s been through the car wash. They serve me chips at my local Mexican restaurant. Hell, illegal aliens built my nice suburban neighborhood.

Do you want to know what makes them stand out? They are without exception, quiet hard workers who have always been polite in any interaction I have ever had with them. Frankly American workers could learn a lot from these illegals.
How do you know these hard working workers are illegals? Did you ask every single one of them?

Quote:

Well, I don't doubt this is your experience, and I am not interested in debating what workers are more diligent.

But maybe you should know that Undocumented workers are used as slave labor often times. They have no enforceable rights, living conditions are often deplorable, employers can intimidate them without repercussion and force them to work in unsafe conditions. These workers cannot object if they are paid starvation wages-- if they get paid-- and face termination without cause. They have no protection from industrial predators.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:06 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How do you know these hard working workers are illegals? Did you ask every single one of them?

Well, I don't doubt this is your experience, and I am not interested in debating what workers are more diligent.

But maybe you should know that Undocumented workers are used as slave labor often times. They have no enforceable rights, living conditions are often deplorable, employers can intimidate them without repercussion and force them to work in unsafe conditions. These workers cannot object if they are paid starvation wages-- if they get paid-- and face termination without cause. They have no protection from industrial predators.
I seriously doubt anyone greedy enough to hire an illegal gives a flip about all that.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I seriously doubt anyone greedy enough to hire an illegal gives a flip about all that.
absolutely. They don't care.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
According to Trump the border is tight, so there is no reason to worry about the caravan.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32375169060869

Old 01-27-2019, 11:27 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
The Alamo moment. Will the real Americans that care about the illegal invasion please step over the line drawn.
Even the illegals would step forward if it was the Mexican, US border.

A wall would stop it though but this is about the caravans and their progress and who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies