Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your O-P-I-N-I-O-N, which IMO is pulled from somewhere holding nothing factual.
I base it on what I see and hear. Thanks for contributing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
About as well as the Americans did in Vietnam.

See how that works?
sounds worth repeating

Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Given the track record of the military leaders who have advised us into 17 years of continuous war,it is.

Given Trump's track record and admission of acting on 'gut feeling', facts be damned, it's not.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I base it on what I see and hear. Thanks for contributing

Some folks look in more than one direction.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:57 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
There simply is no winning edge here. If we leave, our soldiers stay alive, but ISIS will be reborne and will grow once again and innocent people will die. If we stay we continue an endless occupation in which innocent people will die. I wish I had the answers, or even a semblance of an idea on how to fix this. But I don’t, and I’ve lost several friends to this endless goddamn war already.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Couple of folks I know with folks in the military say that deployments have been stepped up in the last 24 hours.

Heartbreaking.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Couple of folks I know with folks in the military say that deployments have been stepped up in the last 24 hours.

Heartbreaking.
Cant rule this out as a false flag as an excuse to keep us embroiled there.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
There simply is no winning edge here. If we leave, our soldiers stay alive, but ISIS will be reborne and will grow once again and innocent people will die. If we stay we continue an endless occupation in which innocent people will die. I wish I had the answers, or even a semblance of an idea on how to fix this. But I don’t, and I’ve lost several friends to this endless goddamn war already.
That IS winning. Not the job of American servicemen and women to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the people of the Middle East. Islamic savages have been slaughtering each other for 1300 years-we're not going to change that overnight. If they want to develop a civilization-they will. Otherwise not. Either way, not our country, not our problem-not worth the life of an American.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That IS winning. Not the job of American servicemen and women to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the people of the Middle East. Islamic savages have been slaughtering each other for 1300 years-we're not going to change that overnight. If they want to develop a civilization-they will. Otherwise not. Either way, not our country, not our problem-not worth the life of an American.
Ultimately I agree with what you've said here, though in reality I know it's not so simple. I'd love to pull every American out of the despicable Middle East and bring them all home. But we've done our part to destabilize their regimes, and America has a terrible reputation for doing this, then bailing out before the job is done. We either need a plan to finish the job and finish it right, or admit defeat, retreat, and stay the hell out of their business as much as possible moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies