Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times

Advertisements

He seemed like such a boy scout.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ounced-n959471

Quote:
"To Catch a Predator" host Chris Hansen was arrested Monday after he allegedly wrote bad checks to a vendor he owed money to, according to police.
Hansen turned himself into the Stamford Police Department in Connecticut after a warrant was issued for his arrest on a felony charge of issuing a bad check, Stamford Sgt. Sean Scanlan said.
Oh, the men he exposed and sent to jail must be feeling some justice.

A lot of people felt he was smug and participated in entrapment, so he is a controversial guy. But not so smug now. What goes around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 03:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
When I was fresh out of HS and out working for myself as a framing Carpenter, the guy I did most of my work for had a "loose" wife. About twice a year, she would up and leave him and clear out his bank account.
After a year or 2, I knew exactly what happened when the check came back, NSF.
The check is in the mail... You heard that before? I have more than once. 2 times it actually was. They wrote me another check, and a month later the check arrived in the post box, with a month old postmark. I tear it up.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He seemed like such a boy scout.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ounced-n959471

Oh, the men he exposed and sent to jail must be feeling some justice.

A lot of people felt he was smug and participated in entrapment, so he is a controversial guy. But not so smug now. What goes around.

He spent no time in a jail cell. He made an appearance to clear his name and left.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:03 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Oh, no, say it ain't so. Disappointed to hear this. I liked Chris and the catch a predator show.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:45 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,673 times
No one is immune to money problems so it seems.You never know what goes on in people's lifes.You would think that he wouldn't have needed to write back checks to anyone.Must have some major money problems going on.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:02 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Karma strikes. His show ended up being sued off of the air. Sting operations like that use deception, and sometimes the deception goes too far. On a TV show, of course they're going to edit out the pieces that might turn viewers against them. Law enforcement should not be fodder for entertainment television anyway. Inevitably that is going to taint LE. Same applies to COPS and similar shows.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Karma strikes. His show ended up being sued off of the air. Sting operations like that use deception, and sometimes the deception goes too far. On a TV show, of course they're going to edit out the pieces that might turn viewers against them. Law enforcement should not be fodder for entertainment television anyway. Inevitably that is going to taint LE. Same applies to COPS and similar shows.

yep, how dare they entrap adult men who want to have sex with teens.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
yep, how dare they entrap adult men who want to have sex with teens.
It wasnt real anyway.

If you watch the credits for that show, you will see they list writers, editors, makeup people, craft services, etc etc. I guess the supposed pedos didnt have a clue what was going on, as they were sent thru makeup before appearing on camera?! LOL

Old 01-16-2019, 06:53 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It wasnt real anyway.

If you watch the credits for that show, you will see they list writers, editors, makeup people, craft services, etc etc. I guess the supposed pedos didnt have a clue what was going on, as they were sent thru makeup before appearing on camera?! LOL
It was real.
Google Dr. Maurice Wolin, Rabbi David Kaye just to name a couple. Kaye served 6 yrs.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:59 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Guy must be angling for a position in the Trump administration... although $13 grand is small potatoes in the Oval Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies