Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have college kids - 1 graduate, 2 current... it was a feast.
I guess it depends on the kids.

My three college kids NEVER EVER would choose fast food over a real meal and especially THAT fast food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I love our country but you don’t need to go to the White House to get fast food. 🙄 that was really pathetic. Why even invite them. What exactly was the point.
I can’t figure it out either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I saw a video of the kid Trevor Lawrence saying the visit and food was “awesome!” That kid frequently professes his love for Jesus...what a fantastic role model that young man is!!
Every athlete loves Jesus. Big whoop. I’m not impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is if Obama had done it Republicans would be mocking it and Democrats defending it. Don’t y’all have taxes, deficits or health care to argue about?
It would have never crossed Obama’s mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
"Beer summit." (Obama)

Which was also classist/racist.
What was racist about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I want him to respect the rights of the individual. Granted I'm a man who runs his own life and isn't starry eyed over celebrities like a 12 year old girl cheering on a boy band. Grownups don't look for father figures to run their life.
Yeah.....

Old 01-17-2019, 08:30 AM

36,449 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
Are you serious. Trump is the tool. Why invite them and serve fast food. What was the point of going there when they could just go to the drive thru themselves. Sorry, slap in the face to them.
Whats the point of going to NY to eat lobster when they can just go to a local restaurant and eat lobster?
Dont you think its up to the quests to determine if the invite and food served was a slap in the face?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,293,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It was a feast?

You don't have college kids do you?

LOL.
Many of these guys were on strict diets. In fact Clemson actually has a full-time Culinary Coach on their Football staff. Most likely these guys have not had much in the way of junk food for several months.
For those talking about the food being cold, which I believe was sitting under heat lamps, was not as cold as one may think.

Now my kids, 2 out of college 2 in, 3 who were/are athletes, would of opted for the Pizza over the burgers, and if they learned anything from me they would of dipped their fries into mayo. LOL

Old 01-17-2019, 09:37 AM

34,219 posts, read 18,550,731 times
More mainstream Media Trump hate. He's a D Bag. Always disliked Strahan even as a player.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,659,169 times
I'm betting that the college and their Coach gave their athletes explicit instructions on how to respond to this event in the public. This was after all a team event and they are representing their school. If your coach says no dancing in the end zone you don't dance in the end zone no matter how you feel.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,248,665 times
Quote:
I love our country but you don’t need to go to the White House to get fast food. 🙄 that was really pathetic. Why even invite them. What exactly was the point.
You don’t need to go to the Whitehouse to get lobster either, just go to Red Lobster. Maybe they liked going to the Whitehouse and being welcomed by The President of the United States of America.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:54 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,293,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm betting that the college and their Coach gave their athletes explicit instructions on how to respond to this event in the public. This was after all a team event and they are representing their school. If your coach says no dancing in the end zone you don't dance in the end zone no matter how you feel.
Absolutely. That is one of the many differences between college and pro. If the school accepts the invitation, the coach can mandate that all players attend. In the event some players were to be excused it is doubtful it would be for political reasons.
But this outrage about food is utterly ridiculous. Not even sure in past events if any teams were fed during a WH visit.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 PM

463 posts, read 188,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They seemed to enjoy it.

White House serves fast food on silver platters for Clemson celebration

Some players "whooped" when they saw the spread, according a pool report.

"We have some very large people that like eating, so I think we're going to have a little fun," said the president, a fast-food lover himself.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said much of the staff who work in the White House residence have been furloughed due to the shutdown, "so the president is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone's favorite fast foods."

If Obama did this, he would be praised for being like regular people... except Obama would never pay for it himself.
If Obama had a son, he might play in the NFL. You know, because something absurd like 70-90% of NFL players are black, which is unbelievably out of pattern with the population %. I'm sure his failure to demand more whites be represented in the NFL and sports in general was a total oversight and had nothing to do with the fact black people only think it's racism when it affects black people

Old 01-17-2019, 02:03 PM

16,259 posts, read 10,384,999 times
It's really not that big of a deal but Jeez this is a White House visit, is it too much for the President to do a little better than McDonald's?

Rhetorical question as we all know the dumb ass doesn't know any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies