Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Better source needed.

Google cannot invent an program to do it? Hillary is leading the team! I heard that so it must be true. George Soros is funding it and AOC is introducing legislation to make it mandatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Google search sucks!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:05 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who claimed this? let's see some links.
You're claiming they take the time to train their algorithm to respond differently to various keywords. That's not happening. Neither is some Google employee writing two lines of code: "if search equals abortion, exclude "pro-life." That's also not happening.

Algorithms are biased, but not in the way you think.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:06 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
It's been said that Hillary got up to 4.2 Million votes by this manipulation. Add in voting by the illegals in certain Democrat states, and Trump won the election by a YUGE margin.

So no wonder they made up the fake story about Russian bogymen.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Private company, they can do as they please.
I agree. I understand that their search results are biased and work around it. But to say their results aren't biased is obviously not true.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:11 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yes they can even collude with hostile foreign governments until something is done about it.
Yes, they can collude with foreign governments as long as they do not break any laws. So can the President, or a private citizen running for President. But when such a person asks a foreigner to break the law, and they do so, a line has been crossed. Hacking an email server is breaking the law and the request for doing so was captured on TV.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:12 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,599 times
So should we implement affirmative action so conservatives can get a fair shake? Maybe the reason this doesn't pop up has to do with popularity, the same thing with the media they appeal to the masses not the wing nuts.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:21 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah it's from breitbart. if that offends you, go find another thread.

My goodness, the right wing appears to be made up almost 100% of VICTIMS...

OK Ugga, if Google is treating you guys so badly simply boycott them... do it, otherwise you are not only being abused by a corp but you are also a WILLING VICTIM. literally .
So are you a WILLING VICTIM Ugga? If not boycott Google like an Alpha!
My guess is Trump supporters would much rather just complain and accept their beta status with google than stand up and boycott Google ...

Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's true and on many or most other issues also.

Trying to find something that a democrat said or did that isn't favorable to democrats get scrubbed out of the offerings rather quickly.
And if snopes "debunked" any right leaning talking points about something it is sure to show up at the top of the results.

And yes, google is a private company and they can do what they want, and we are free to give our opinions about what they do and/or seek alternatives to using their product.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
You're claiming they take the time to train their algorithm to respond differently to various keywords. That's not happening. Neither is some Google employee writing two lines of code: "if search equals abortion, exclude "pro-life." That's also not happening.

Algorithms are biased, but not in the way you think.
i'm not claiming that - a google employee is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
My goodness, the right wing appears to be made up almost 100% of VICTIMS...

OK Ugga, if Google is treating you guys so badly simply boycott them... do it, otherwise you are not only being abused by a corp but you are also a WILLING VICTIM. literally .
So are you a WILLING VICTIM Ugga? If not boycott Google like an Alpha!
My guess is Trump supporters would much rather just complain and accept their beta status with google than stand up and boycott Google ...
what on earth are you babbling about, cartman? i don't even use google.

you sound like you need a nap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies