Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 12:37 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

Liberalism is being forced on the military such as several cases involving Christian chaplains forced to endorse gay marriage and prayer being banned from military events, and all this transgender stuff, so......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hmm. Being ex-military I really don't know where you get off saying that. My guess is you never served..
Being ex-Military myself, you find very few left leaning g active duty service members. Most are moderate middle of the road types. We knew what the left thought of those who served and still do based on some of the posts on this thread.

Now who would black service personnel vote for? I dont know because I never asked. They never asked me either. Some of us talked about it, most didn't, at least not a lot. That said in my day, Reagan was very popular among those who served. There wasn't any question which party at that time had the higher opinion on those who served.

Carter gutted the military. Clinton wasted resources but talked a good game. Obama was a modern day LBJ. Bush sr. was ok. Bush jr? Well he wasn't the brightest, but you knew he respected those who served. As a vet, at least he had a clue, unlike Clinton and Obama.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Being ex-Military myself, you find very few left leaning g active duty service members. Most are moderate middle of the road types. We knew what the left thought of those who served and still do based on some of the posts on this thread.

Now who would black service personnel vote for? I dont know because I never asked. They never asked me either. Some of us talked about it, most didn't, at least not a lot. That said in my day, Reagan was very popular among those who served. There wasn't any question which party at that time had the higher opinion on those who served.

Carter gutted the military. Clinton wasted resources but talked a good game. Obama was a modern day LBJ. Bush sr. was ok. Bush jr? Well he wasn't the brightest, but you knew he respected those who served. As a vet, at least he had a clue, unlike Clinton and Obama.
Only Obama freed Terrorist knowing they would return to the battlefield to kill our soldiers, our allies, and Innocents again. Thanks to Trump the freeing of Terrorists from Gitmo has stopped. Another foolish Obama policy stopped by Trump Funny thing is not one Democrat promotes Obama's pledge to free more Terrorists from Giltmo any more. Probably went the same way as Obama making everyone call ISIS ISIL.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:43 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
The right can be credited for the collapse of the Soviet Union, but that's all changing.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because the left hates us military
I’m on the far left. Served in some of the toughest regular Army units.

Which units did you serve with?

Old 01-18-2019, 11:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

joined in 81...Basic at FT Dix
served with the 101st (first duty assignment Campbell)
next 32nd ADCOM
next 82nd DIVARTY
next 2ID
next 10th
back to the 82nd...was at bragg many, many years

served over 25 years (retired in 07)

Now work for the Army as a DAC

Old 01-18-2019, 11:38 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Wow within the first page left leaning posters managed to typically bash military members, bash southern people and typically throw out the insult that if you are not liberal you aren't intelligent.

Yet corner a leftist liberal in a debate using facts and almost always they resort to insults as a side rail, very intelligent. Heck the debate didn't get far before they brought out the insults in this thread.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:17 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Wow within the first page left leaning posters managed to typically bash military members, bash southern people and typically throw out the insult that if you are not liberal you aren't intelligent.

Yet corner a leftist liberal in a debate using facts and almost always they resort to insults as a side rail, very intelligent. Heck the debate didn't get far before they brought out the insults in this thread.
It's not bashing if it's the truth.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-m...country-2014-7

A lot of the military comes from Republican states, with the highest numbers in the SE, which if you look at average high school test scores, the SE generally does poor on.

I'm not saying there aren't some bright enlisted folks. I'm just saying that on average, those who go in as an E1 aren't going to be representative of America's best.

Last edited by illinoisphotographer; 01-18-2019 at 02:25 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 04:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
It's not bashing if it's the truth.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-m...country-2014-7

A lot of the military comes from Republican states, with the highest numbers in the SE, which if you look at average high school test scores, the SE generally does poor on.

I'm not saying there aren't some bright enlisted folks. I'm just saying that on average, those who go in as an E1 aren't going to be representative of America's best.
Depends on your definition of America's best.

I grew up with the Marines, my parents' home has been the home for many Marines (after they got out of military service). I cannot say I can speak for all enlisted members, but I think I can say one thing or two about Force Recon / MARSOC community. These are very disciplined, intelligent young men. Smart people never need to put others down.

Plus, I don't know how old you are, but things have changed

Report shows that young vets are more successful than their civilian peers

https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...ivilian-peers/

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-18-2019 at 04:27 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 04:21 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Thank God we didn’t have a major war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies